1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

1st expansion new class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Turockin, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

It would be nice to get a hunter pet class that could tame different npc animals. They could use a crossbow and have medium armor and maybe all races could be a hunter. The crossbow needs a futuristic touch to them but I can't think of anything yet:down:...I've always loved playing the hunter pet class in mmos they have always been my mains. I don't know if this game has rare spawns but in WoW I use to spend a lot of time camping rare spawns in mop I had my whole stable filled with rare spawns. I had all the spirit beasts, the crab and cat from molten front I think and also the lion sambas. To me I thought it was fun waiting hours for a npc to spawn and fighting over against other hunters. Carbine please bring some futuristic hunter or bounty hunter into the game.
  2. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

i had an idea like yours back when we had the "crook wielder" class speculation. it would be heal/DPS and have heavy armor with crooks for weapons and unbridled charisma :p they would shepherd their pets/allies around the battle field to high areas of damage, heals, attack speed etc, etc....:D
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

The Crook Wielder would fit in nicely with a theme like that. Plus there's so many interesting creatures wandering around Nexus to begin with.

Which races do you think should have access to the class? It would fit the aurins and drakens well.

What about class name? Something wildstarish. Not just "Beastmaster" that's too...ew, fantasy setting.

Maybe something like Charmer, or Beastcharmer, or something.
  4. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

The crossbows would be able to shoot like healing darts. Finesse or Tech could be dps main stats and insight for healers. I don't see why all mmo games don't have a hunter class, im positive in lore there's always a bad-ass character with a bad-ass animal with them tracking some criminal. Carbine please bring in this class into the game and make it even better like blue kool aid with extra extra sugar its already amazing with normal amount but even better when you add more
  5. Domi Dayglow

So we have their staff for 'pet' commands and summoning. The crossbow for their ranged attacks. We could give them their crowd control as specialty bolts with their crossbow. Like one that launches a net, or when it hits adds an electric shot. Or one that explodes into goo to act as a snare.
  6. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

Paladin class. Would go great with the Vigilant Church. Also I love Paladins.
  7. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

I think it could be like a dot class like the survival hunter in WoW but mixed with BM as well and i agree that they should be called something like beastcharmer..I've seen so many gameplay videos of creatures that i wish i could tame like the crocodile thing. Not having a hunter class in a game to me is like saying no one has ever wanted to befriend an animal. Like aurin are all about nature, they've never tamed an animal or befriend one that is apart of nature???
  8. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

if anything the esper should be able to tame beasts, i mean they have psychic powers and all......just slap some mind control into that sucka:confused:
  9. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

Id even be fine with that too or if they got a animal illusion that stayed up permanently like a hunter pet
  10. Domi Dayglow

Unfortunately Carbine has constantly gone out of their way that the Esper specializes in telekinetic abilities and making their own dreams and nightmares come true. Not mind reading. I guess it's kind of okay. Espers can still summon a variety of other pets.
  11. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Mechromancer? If you have played borderlands you might now, but basically necromancer...but machines! Would be a pet class (possibly), dot based, demented beyond belief, and stunning in spandex.
  12. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

I want a draken hunter so much. Espers would be way better if they had a permanent illusion. If engineers could have like a dps robot tiger that could shoot rockets that would be the only character I would play or like a heavy plated robot alligator to tank.
  13. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

Something like this Lzerox.jpg CG_lightning_saix.jpg
    Zilong likes this.
  14. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

15. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

They would be perfect engineer pets, way better than the boring bots. They'd be like the chua's height. Lord have mercy if they had them as pets they'd be the most used mmo class of all time.
  16. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

This screams 'put it in the cash shop' to me. Even though there isn't going to be one. But seriously, for those Engineers that think they're Mech-Druids, people would pay. :D
  17. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

I'd pay any amount to be a mech druid...like they could do something like how in vanilla wow alliance couldn't be shamans..Mechari should get like a mech druid class that could turn them into robot animals and the aurin could have a beastcharmer class.
  18. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

As much as I'd love a hunter or some sort of shaman-type class, it tends not to fit into the whole futuristic feel of Wildstar. That being said, I know I've at least mentioned once before that it'd be interesting to see a class or two implementing technology to work backward in order to mimic the effects of something like a shapechanger or a master of elements based off of some sort of creature type found on Nexus.

As for any hunter-style class, the problem would be making pet mechanics feel practical for every aspect of the game it would take part in as well as trying to keep them as a different style and gameplay from the pets given to the engineer, which will be difficult if they're made to be beasts (who likely wouldn't have much for ranged if any abilities at all with range). In the end, the biggest drawback to any class like this is trying to keep it unique from the current class that has pets, both in lore as well as in its basic design and execution.

Now if I did want a new pet class, I'd want something puppeteer-grade. Something like Anise and her stuffed toy of carnage from Tales of the Abyss but more of a mechanical feel. Best name for it would probably be golemancer, which I know is from GW2, but it's about as close as it gets to the proper description of it. Setup would be that the golem does all the dirty work of being in melee while the caster sitting inside or (in the case of Tales of the Abyss) on top of the golem can offer some sort of simple dot-based damage or even bring in support skills depending on the direction devs would want to take it, allowing it to go either a tanking route by emphasizing the aspects of the golem or by turning it into a healer/support through keeping the emphasis on the character in control. I do admit though, it doesn't exactly sound like a pet class, but that's about as close as it's gonna get to make melee-range pets have any level of effectiveness in melee with Wildstar combat mechanics.

Another pet route would be something like the scholar from the new FFXIV where the pet is sort of a caster/support, but I haven't had enough caffeine to think that one through yet.....
  19. DemosthenesHPW

DemosthenesHPW New Cupcake

I really want a class I could both Heal and Tank with. Once I have that, I have a new main.:cool:
  20. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

:cry: engineering pets are so terrible...I wish you could like sacrifice them and get more damage or dps
    Raarsi likes this.