1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

1st expansion new class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Turockin, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

There's an AMP for that (actually two - one for AoE Damage on destruction, one for AoE Healing)
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

But now comes the big question:
    Will a bot and 1 AMP do more total effective damage in a fight then another ability + 1 AMP???

What will do the max damage?....ooooh the theory crafting part of my brains becomes active :geek:
  3. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

So what if we had a bounty hunter class that used crossbows like I said before but had a special collar that you had to put animals dna in and it would like your pet turn into any of the animals dna you have in the collar. For example I'm going to use WoW say if you had a regular green raptor and you hit the pet icon and up to 5 pets show up (b/c that's how many vials of dna the collar can hold and you got to go to your house to replace with different dna also you can buy dna containers of different sizes for your house, you can have up to a 30 slot container at your house and 5 in the collar) you hit one of the pet icons that shows the different animals picture like a wolf and it'll turn your pet into that wolf. At level 6 you do a class quest that gives you the collar and to get the dna you have to scan the creatures (you'll aggro the creature once you start) genetic code and the more easy the code is the faster the cast is, the higher the level the longer it would take and haste buffs (I don't know what they call it in this game) would also make it go faster. While your scanning the dna code you have to stand still even if the creature uses a telegraph you'll still have to stand still. Elites and Rare spawns would take longer than for example level 50 creatures. Carbine please use this idea:up:..I'll answer any questions you have.
  4. Diagas

Diagas Cupcake

I personally hope they stay away from the traditional "tame-a-pet" type class. I think Engineers fit the role of summoner, and that controlling the beasts of Nexus would be a bit out of place.

As for a new class in general though, I think this game could use big ol' mecha-fists. Something along the lines of Precis from Star Ocean 2 or Vi from League of Legends. Obvious roles would be DPS and Tank, but you could potentially make them a healer as well (maybe slam glyphs onto the ground).

It's hard, because first instinct is to go towards traditional fantasy classes, but the game's setting makes it so classes should make sense to be futuristic. Warriors have arm cannons and psyblades, for example.

Something I'd like to see utilized would be Psi-scythes like Deathscythe from Gundam Wing. Maybe call the class Harvester ;P
  5. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

Hmm, the mecha fist concept seems like a mix of the warrior and the stalker, or maybe something like one of these puppies.....

[​IMG]

Then again, this also gives the vague concept of what I was on about with the golemancer concept. Although I suppose the concept of a techno-monk would be an interesting concept, it might work if there is some sort of species on Nexus that implements a monk style of hand-to-hand combat.

Still thinking if there are any new classes in Wildstar in future expansions, then the in-game story as well as the out-of-game inspiration for those classes will more than likely be drawn off of creatures and other bits of information from Nexus.
  6. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

what is with y'all and saying mystical pet classes are out of place, don't you think spellslingers are out of place? i mean they use magic from a magical dimension, and don't argue " well its a dimension and its probably blah blah blah" its still a magic dimension no matter what you say or how you try to explain it, its still magic because they said so. <- with this fact known how is a beast taming pet class out of place when the engineer is the exact same as any other mom pet class every thing y'all said won't come true just did. y'all were like "oh i think that there won't be a pet class", it'll be too generic and like other pet classes". well here it is and now everyone who dissed the idea of a pet class is now like "oh its so awesome, i want to be one''. when its the exact same thing but with robots intend of beasts and a rifle instead of a staff/bow/crossbow and a exosuit intend of something else, oh I'm not dissing the engineer i just find it funny people are:roflamo:.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I was one of the people saying exactly this:
    almost like how you said it.

You know what? IT'S NOT FREAKING LIKE OTHER PET CLASSES!
    Hence why I was still right :p

For me a ''pet-class'' is a class that should have their pets up all the time to get max potential out of their class (GL going hunter in WoW without a pet out in raids to get max dps, or a frost mage without it's elemental).

Truth be told is that the Engineer class CAN be a pet class, but they don't have to be one. Hence why it is completely different then your normal PET-class type hunter.

Your normal pet-type class....that's something I hate, i've never wanted to max one in any other MMO. But in WS I am interested in the engineer (range tank ftw!), but the robots are something I can do without and luckly Carbine has made it so I can still be a good tank even without pets.

So my Engineer = a NON pet engineer tank class!
    Taher and Raarsi like this.
  8. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

This is close to my view in regard to pet classes. Only difference is that if I did want to play a pet class, it's more of the "go big or go home" mentality. I guess in Wildstar that would make that particular goal more of a permanent transformation rather than a typical extra dot of a traditional MMO pet.

Fortunately this game sorta prevents the existence of a traditional pet class simply due to combat mechanics. It means that anything cooked up as a pet class will either go the way of engineer pets and wind up being handy yet not mandatory, or so big to the point where it's more a transformation mode than an actual pet.

What else.....oh right, this.

Seems that's going to be a thing next expansion. :p
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'd love that TBH, I loved being a survival hunter (Vanilla/BC/WotLK), but that anoying pet just made me not make a hunter to max level.

I'd love being able to max things without a pet as a hunter, not that i'll ever get back to WoW anyway :p

Also there is the ''reply'' button down there so I can see when you quote me ;)

I agree some games had a more huge pet class were the pet was way mroe important then even in WoW as a beast-master. I don't think we'll see something ever happen in WS. But I just wish the engineer get's some more ''non-pet'' options for players who want to play without any bots (see my thread about it).
  10. Turockin

Turockin New Cupcake

I like this game and eso a lot....When I was deciding which to play I looked to see which had the hunter class and neither did so I looked at many many videos for both games and noticed how great the draken looked and that was the deciding factor.........When I played WoW I loved being a BM hunter I remember in BC when I would do kara with a giant t-rex shaking my screen..if only WoW had made past expansions as good as TBC I would most likely still be playing.
  11. Raarsi

Raarsi Cupcake

Another option I'd want to see is a class intentionally designed to shun away from technology, or at least implement technology to promote more primeval traditions like the primalist-type class I talked about ages ago. I know it seems a bit odd in a futuristic sci-fi game, but maybe there's some sort of counterpoint. We have the Amish on this planet, so surely there must be a group like that under the Dominion's reign.

BTW Extatica, I have no idea whether or not it's IE, but the reply button doesn't do anything for me and it was a lot easier to do a basic quote than fully type out "this is what so-and-so said". Not to mention it also promotes people reading earlier parts of the thread so they can think "oh, that's who put in that bit of awesomeness into the thread".
  12. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

I love your idea, and would totally love a hunter-esque type class, with the ability to tame many different space creatures. In my opinion, WoW has yet been able to be beat by another game in regards to the hunter class, just so much variety with their pets and abilities.

That being said though, I'd be perfectly fine with ANY nature type class, of course with a Wildstar twist. I've always been a huge fan of shape shifters, most commonly seen as druids, but any sort of shape shifter would be a splendid addition to any MMO. I've always wanted a mixture of a shape shifter, with a hunter type class, in regards to the different morphs. Instead of locking people into a specific morph, why not allow the Shape Shifter, go out into the world and choose what "skin" of a morph you'd like to obtain. This would probably take a lot of work, but still, I'd love to see something implemented like that in the future, would add a whole new branch of customization.

So far, the developers have seemed to be pretty spot on with the, dare I say, generic class archetypes. Outside of a more nature type class, to counterbalance all the technology, what else could there be? I mean, I could see a more traditional mage class being presented in the future. I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Enchanter from EQ, with illusions, and playing more of a support role by being a buffer and debuffer. Some sort of sword and board class would be nice too. There's a lot of weapon types they can still use for different classes, so I can see a lot of potential there. Hopefully they'll surprise us with something completely unique!
  13. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

t
    yeah the shapeshifter class could use the nanites( because their programable to do anything) in their bodies to copy creatures and people:D
  14. Smooth Beef

Smooth Beef New Cupcake

Cause shooting things makes them better :)
  15. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

It is all coming together.. slowly...So I shall ask. Why do you hate pets man? What did the adorable spirit beasts ever do to you? Did you lose dps fights to hunters huh? Did they scar you for life in PvP? Or was it more personal? Huh? comon man come clean! Did you have a run in with a stray cat? Did a horse kick you in your nasty parts? Did a dog eat your homework?! Did a squirrel eat your parents?! Are you vengeance? Are you the night? Are you squirrelman?! (dem l33t MS paint skills.)

[​IMG]
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It's not that I dislike animals in games (although I did kill a lot fo animals IRL), I was a feral druid (tank) for most of the time. But i'm somewhat of a control freak sometimes and a pet will never have as ''perfect'' control as your main character has. So eventually a pet will anoy me more then that it provides benefits for me.

In PvP i've never had real problems vs hunters.....just put their pets to sleep and you're good to go :D
  17. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

I can understand, it being more of an issue of imperfect micro (unless you put in obscene effort for little output) and I'm all for the killing of animals IRL (hunting gets me my deer jerky). I more so was just mimicking a troll comment though to go even further absurd for the comical effect. Thus you have given unto me a reasonable, logical response which has rendered my hopes and dreams into a dismal non-existence. I guess this is how all green haired people feel trying to make a animal themed superhero laugh.
  18. Tobias Pendola

Tobias Pendola New Cupcake

Didnt they said they wouldnt have a pet class? hard to balance and all that. since engineer pets are not really pets
  19. Cozarkian

Cozarkian New Cupcake

I suppose if they must do a hunter-style pet class, they could call it a zoologist and give it a tranquilizer gun.
  20. Consiliem

Consiliem New Cupcake

I'm not the biggest fan of pet classes, the only thing I would like to see is a class that's hybrid tank/heal. I know that Carbine has said that is not in the plan, and they want every class to have a DPS role, but I think with the current 6 classes, and with the role balancing that they have implemented, this could work.

Of course, a tank/heal hybrid wouldn't have the DPS of the other classes, but with roles as evenly distributed as they are, the people who flock to this new class would be the people who don't mind that vice.