1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

40-Man Raids

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Credz, May 5, 2014.

1. Credz

Credz New Cupcake

I am somewhat confused on how 40-man raids are going to go. In World of Warcraft 40-mans players could have just some dead weight players, plain and simple. But with this how are players going to adjust, with people currently struggling to get 25-mans in other games. Is there going to be a lot of pugging is my next question? Also how are guilds going to be able to get people to come out and raid 40 mans. I think that guild recruiting for 40-mans are going to be rather competitive because they will most likely need the players to compete. Of course this going to be later in the game and not in the beginning the majority of the players joining once the game comes out of course. Also the combat system and trying to adjust to the new combat system.

I personally can't wait because I remember how much fun they were in World of Warcraft.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

3. Nexus Elites

Nexus Elites Cupcake

Its one of those double-edged swords I think. While Carbine is trying to provide an awesome raiding experience for the hardcore crowd, 40-man raids, like you said, WILL have lesser-skilled players just to fill roster spots. Its simple math, the more players you have, the less each has to contribute to a successful boss kill. There are a lot of threads like this around, and most people aren't feeling too great about 40-mans, but Carbine has also said that they will adjust it in the future if needed. My opinion is that they won't work out, mainly for lostical reasons, and because I prefer smaller groups.
    Fishsticks likes this.
  4. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I hope it catches on but I won't hold my breath.
  5. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Raiding has always been about the team win versus the individual win anyway. If anything that is one of the "pluses" from WoW that has bled into the rest of the industry that I cannot stand. Runaway empowerment is bad for everyone.