1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

A little (or big) idea based on Circles

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Glacius, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Glacius

Glacius Cupcake-About-Town

To preface this thread, I was thinking a lot about the Circles feature that Wildstar will have and I figured this would be the most ideal placement for a thread like this. I was also thinking a lot about ways in order to facilitate a community such as the ones many of us experienced during our early wow days.

While I feel that Carbine is making attempts at getting back to this era of communities and that it might be too early to speculate, but I also think that it is inevitable for features to make it into the game that take away from them. For instance, the lfd feature with the same server checkbox is a nice idea but one that I don't think will work out as well as it looks in theory (I could write forever on this but going to stay on topic).

As a result, I am attempting at bringing back a sense of community through Circles and I hope that despite the limited info on them that I can make it work the way I want to. Normally I could just make a guild but I am with CKN and I feel that this idea would work better as a circle anyway. I would like to create a circle that is basically comprised of people that are looking for a vanilla-based community. This would consist of creating same-server dungeons, bg groups, crafting, wpvp, etc.

Basically I would like to form a great place for like-minded people that really want to get back to the feeling that vanilla and bc had in terms of social features. I'm really hoping that Carbine adds individual server forums but this would serve as an in-game way of sustaining a community. I would also like to see the opposite faction have something like this.

Obviously I would roll on the highest pop pvp server (hopefully EST) and I suppose we can choose a suitable name for this circle. Is there anyone else that is interested in something like this?

Thanks for reading.
    Heart in the Stars and rwcujo like this.
  2. Glacius

Is anyone interested in this?
  3. Nurdrasch

Nurdrasch New Cupcake

I have very limited knowledge on how Circles are going to work, but I can say that still I miss the old Global chat from vanilla WoW. Had many late night insane/wierd/hilarious convos. If that can be replicated (hopefully with a bit of oversight to keep out the tards) I think it would certainly help generate a community spirit.
  4. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

There has been some talk from Carbine, regarding efforts to bring the server community together. While in theory, I do like your idea, I also think it can accidently have an opposite effect to intended, splitting people on the same realm into those that are in, and those that aren't. Really hoping to see some ingame events that will motivate people to join in the large scale fun; guilds, circles and solo players all together; building, with time, strong server ties.

I'm of an old school mindset myself, but I'm not sure building a circle with any reference to WoW, especially Vanilla WoW, would not result in massive love/hate party, full of trolling players from both sides of the barricade. So if we'd keep the reference out of it, and simply focus on strong server ties, hopefully powered by some game designs to encourage it, yeah, all the way :)
  5. Glacius

Well it was never about referencing it I just said that I would like to see that feeling of community as it was during that time.
    Classix and Alverad like this.
  6. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

You are not the only one, that's sure:)