1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

A Lore Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by ThatGrumpyScotsman, Aug 5, 2013.

1. ThatGrumpyScotsman

ThatGrumpyScotsman New Cupcake

As far as I can tell we don't have a lore forum on these boards. Would it be possible to get one? I'd quite like to discuss and speculate about the game's lore with other folk who are interested, and I'm not sure where to go about it here.

If there IS a relevant lore discussion forum on these boards and I have missed it, I apologise. :)
    Mutterscrawl and Extatica like this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well there can be a problem with that.

Lore is on the line of WS general info (for it may contain in-game info aswell), so it may be a hard thing to do....were would you draw the line of 100% lore based, or lore AND in-game based.

If you really want to discuss a part of the lore, I suggest you better just make a thread containing 1 part of the Lore were you say your view/concerns/ideas etc.

But that's just for now, mayby Zap's willing to make a lore part (I wouldn't mind).

Also I as a Lore-Geek would love to enter the discussion with you about the lore (even in PM's what I do with other people aswell) ;)
    ThatGrumpyScotsman likes this.
  3. ThatGrumpyScotsman

ThatGrumpyScotsman New Cupcake

Well, in my experience lore related forums tend to discuss established lore, potential lore spoilers and speculation about where people see (or would like to see) the story going. I find them really useful for expanding the wider narrative as well, because often players can piece together information in interesting ways which will later be picked up on by the actual writers.

In my experience, these sorts of forums don't often overlap too much with others. Usually they're just a good place for like minded folk to discuss, complain and guess about the background of whatever setting is involved. They also tend to start off slowly, but become pretty popular as time goes on and people start learning more about the setting or even playing the game in Open Beta.

If you want to check out how such a forum can work, take a look at "Scrolls of Lore". Despite being a website dedicated to Warcraft lore, only one of its many WoW related forums is specifically about discussing it. The rest are quite similar to what you'd expect on any other MMO community forum. Obviously that website is specifically lore-focused, but quite a lot of less focused websites will still have a lore forum. :)

*/sales pitch*
    Mutterscrawl likes this.
  4. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I will speak to Zap and see where he stands on this, I can see how a forum specifically for Lore discussion could be useful, but I also see Exatica's point of splitting already on-going discussions.