1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

A man of refinement and lesiure

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Voodeux, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Voodeux

Voodeux New Cupcake

I love character creation. With a good character creator I'll spend hours on details for MMORPGs. Please give us the ability to create characters that aren't cookie cutter body shaped? I'd love to be able to create a fat Cassian who has been exiled to Nexus.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Do you know how the character creation is up untill now? You checked video's etc.?

Cause nowhere do you say this, so i'm wondering.
  3. Voodeux

Voodeux New Cupcake

I'm not sure why I would have needed to detail out every video from Wildstar available on character creation that I might have had the opportunity to watch in order to request a feature in the creator. That said I have had the chance to see videos created at PAX EAST and GamesCom 2013 that honestly showed a character creator with a lot to be desired with the exact same body shape for any character of any race no matter how many times the randomize button was pushed. Hence why I put this here. Because that frankly sucks donkeys.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I didn't say that lol :p Gotta love people who jump to conclusions ;)

Reason for asking:
    Don't forget it's a discussion, so in order to discuss something on a proper level it's a smart idea to let people know what you already know about the subject.

A mere ''Yes'' or ''no'' would've suffice.

I asked because there are people who post things on here without reading/watching the material that is available on that subject. But now we atleast have a better understanding of your knowledge about this feature in the game.

Do you now see why I asked it? :D

As for your second post makes things more clear now :up:

On topic:
    Last time I heard they weren't using the full creator in those events. So mayby those sliders are already in....
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Maybe there's sliders in now - but last time we had a comment about the Race weight/height from the Devs they said they want to have recognizable Silhouette for each race. If they do put in sliders for weight/height don't expect them to be extreme. Another reason they gave was making sure that there's not any clipping and/or stretching issues with armors - if it's preset sizes instead of sliders they'd have more work on clipping, if it's sliders they'd have more work to make sure there's no stretching.
    Sonntam and Extatica like this.
  6. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Cutting out all of the details, I don't think you'll get to have your your fatass, bad-teethed Briti- I MEAN cassian guy in WildStar.
  7. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

While I'm in favor of sliders, like a lot of others I really don't see us actually getting body sliders. Maybe, at the very most, we'll have the ability to choose between different body types like Guild Wars 2. It would still be nice to have sliders for body types to allow small, minor changes. Just enough to make your character look unique, but not enough to cause clipping and stretching issues with armor.
  8. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

I believe there was an interview from about the same time as the class leak where they said/inferred/implied (can't recall which) that they wanted to do slider style customization.
  9. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I remember Carbine has repeatedly said "No body customization." All personality goes into your gear and face, apparently.
    Sonntam likes this.
  10. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

This is true. I believe the body scaling causes to many issues with, what everyone else has been saying, the clipping and armor issues. You will be able to customize parts of your character's body (Mordesh body parts for one example) But actually adjusting height and weight? I doubt it.

And my personal opinion: No body scale sliders, please. EVER.
  11. Vermana

Vermana Cupcake-About-Town

I think they said "No body sliders", so types might still be up in the air. But it would be a real big shame if they didn't at least have height. Looking at a sea of hair as every Cassian is the same exact height is just an eyesore.
  12. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Body types can mostly be compensated for by having different armor meshes to fit them. Granted it's a lot of work in that 1 type of armor has to have a model for each race then a model for each body type in that race.