1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

A new pubbie has joined!

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Dreamy, May 25, 2013.

  1. Dreamy

    Dreamy Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    27
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    Denmark
    Hello Everyone ! So nice to meet ya' all! :p

    Now that we have the introduction part done I can start telling a little bit about myself.

    I'm almost done with third year of college and I live in a small country called Denmark! :)

    In my spare time I do a lot of different things like playing soccer but I also play alot of different genre of games, and MMO is one of them. Just tried the Dragon prophet, but sadly I was very dissapointed about that game and hope Wildstar will overcome the sadly I have in my heart.

    Also another good reason i'm joined is because the guild I'm a member of is going to join this project! Genesisgaming
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...recruiting-for-wildstar.882/page-2#post-58891

    feel free to check us out!

    Could tell a lot more but I'm going to keep this short.. Feel free to ask questions if you like! :)

    Sincerely Dreamy
  2. Azhdaha

    Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    160
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Location:
    USA
    Velkommen Dreamy, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance! The WSC's Nordic contingent grows by the hour it seems! :D I'm actually embarking on an experiment in learning Swedish, if only because I have more ancestry there, but I would absolutely love to eventually supplement that with Danish and Norwegian, since they're related.

    Questions!

    1.) Have you decided upon a faction yet?

    2.) Ludfisk - acquired taste or foul concoction of doom?
  3. Dannan

    Dannan Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 22, 2013
    Likes Received:
    45
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    Seattle, New Jersey
    Awesome. Welcome to WSC and best of luck to you and your guild. :)
  4. Dreamy

    Dreamy Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    27
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    Denmark
    Haha. Don't learn Swedish! it will destroy your soul! (said in the most kindly way)
    Well good luck. I promise you Danish will be hard to learn even if you're good at speaking different language. Even our own people sometimes have trouble about some of the most simple stuff. :)

    And if you want to learn Norwegian, you can start by saying "fy faen" a lot. :) (bloody hell) As far as I know they say that a lot :p

    Of course all the things I have told you right now is very "unbiased"

    Q&A

    1.) I will pick the same faction as the guild I'm a member of and we still got an ongoing vote about it. I will keep you updated on that one.

    2.) I would pick acquired taste! :p



    Thank you very much!
    Azhdaha likes this.
  5. Azhdaha

    Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

    Joined:
    May 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    160
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Location:
    USA
    Ever the diplomat! :) I enjoy a good challenge though, so that sounds like it'd be right up my alley.

    Glad to have you here with us!
    Dreamy likes this.
  6. Dreamy

    Dreamy Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    27
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    Denmark
    Very grateful for the warm welcome !
  7. Trahma

    Trahma Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    25
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    NJ
    Welcome indeed Dreamy.

    I'm new myself, but after recently stumbling onto this great site I was pleased to see the thoughtful dialogue many of the posters were having in their threads, so I just had to join in as well. They even seem to share much of the same humor that makes Wildstar so appealing to me in the first place.

    It's funny to me that you joked about the Swedish, because my sister has been best friends with a Danish girl for many years now, and about two years ago we had four Danish house guests for a few weeks that basically made the same joke that you did. That Danish and Swedish rival must be strong, hehehe.

    P.S. - I was surprised you said soccer, instead of football. :p
    Azhdaha likes this.
  8. Dreamy

    Dreamy Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    27
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    Denmark
    Hehe! The Swedish and danish rivalry is strong! But in the end we love each other xD.

    I started saying soccer instead of football because then I'm sure everybody knows what I'm talking about! :) And if the Americans want to have their "football" to be the right term of their game. then let them. I don't really care :) no big deal for me (atleast)
    Trahma likes this.
  9. Trahma

    Trahma Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    25
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    NJ
    Oh my, how reasonable you are, I don't even know what to say from here. ;)

    With my albeit limited interaction with the Danish people I have met and know, I'm going to have to be even more careful now to not let my sister visit Denmark again, she may never come back.
    Dreamy likes this.
  10. Dreamy

    Dreamy Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    27
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    Denmark
    ohh. you have a sister?! Why didn't you say that from the start! :p
  11. Trahma

    Trahma Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    25
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    NJ
    Hehe. She is a mature, intelligent, and very strong young lady, who will most likely also be playing this game with me, and her three other brothers at some point in the future. All I will say is good luck. :D
  12. Dreamy

    Dreamy Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    27
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    Denmark
    Haha! She sounds like a wonderful person! :p

    Anyway, what faction will you be joining ? :)
  13. Extatica

    Extatica Super Cupcake

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    2,884
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Z-Lab
    Go vote for the Dominion! It's the only right choice :up:

    Also are you into RP'ing? (watching your profile picture)
  14. Dreamy

    Dreamy Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    27
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    Denmark
    It's a random picture. I found. :)
    do I RP myself? No I do not.
    Do I play RPG games? Yes I do!. :)
  15. Kataryna

    Kataryna Super Cupcake

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2013
    Likes Received:
    1,876
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Arkansas
    Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)

    Any questions I may have are found in my Siggy!
  16. Dreamy

    Dreamy Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    27
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    Denmark
    Thank you very much!

    You sure got a lot of questions. I will visit all your threads when I got time and answer all of them :p
  17. Trahma

    Trahma Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    25
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    NJ
    Yeah I'm totally biased on the topic, hehe.

    Faction wise is tricky, I often identify with playing the underdog/rebel, however that being said I game with my family and a close family friend (basically family himself) who all prefer to play factions like the Dominion. My best guess at this point would be an 80% chance of Dominion, and a 20% chance of being an exile. We shall see, I'm already sizing up the Dominion races...
  18. InnocentCivilian

    InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    992
    Trophy Points:
    93
  19. Extatica

    Extatica Super Cupcake

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2013
    Likes Received:
    2,884
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Z-Lab
    80% Dominion = :up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:
    20% Exile = :down::down:
    Your friends/family members are awesome :D
    Trahma likes this.
  20. Trahma

    Trahma Cupcake

    Joined:
    May 25, 2013
    Likes Received:
    25
    Trophy Points:
    13
    Location:
    NJ
    Hahaha, I think so too, it's why I usually don't put up much of a fight with them on the subject. I just drink the Kool-Aid (twice if I have to...) and begin to rationalize my character's motivations. While I may not RP in game (though I have played my share of pen and paper games), my character's story is as important as how I need to perform when playing him.

Share This Page