1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

A short introduction

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Hermes, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Hermes

Hermes Cupcake

Greetings.
    Former MMO player here who's been away from the genre for several years. Other than having been seriously addicted to WoW during the early years I've also briefly played a few "WoW-killers" and free-to-play MMO-games none of which are really worth mentioning.

Promised myself to never go back to WoW and I never have. Didn't pay much attention to the steady flow of hyped releases and gradually my interest in online rpgs faded. Then I discovered Wildstar… To be perfectly honest, half the reason it was able to rekindle my desire to play an MMO is that it reminds me of vanilla WoW. The other half is that it's not WoW and in regards to the combat system among other things seems to be a step forward.

So, now I'm here trying to learn as much as possible about the game prior to release. I also hope to be able to contribute to the discussions. Well then...
    Extatica and Inukeu like this.
  2. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome Hermes hope you enjoy your stay here the usual welcome wagon is slow given the NDA drop and things are crazy atm but what a good time to join the site and dive head first into the awesome that is Wildstar XD
    Hermes and Extatica like this.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Now let's begin the welcome wagon then!! :D

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you'll enjoy it in here as much as I do ;)
    If you have any lore-related questions feel free to ask anytime! :up:

Now the wait is on Kataryna to welcome you next :coffee:
    Hermes likes this.
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D
    Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)
    Hermes likes this.
  5. RedEyes

RedEyes New Cupcake

Hermes reminds me of Futurama. Anyway, hello. :) What faction do you enjoy most?
    Hermes likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Cupcake

I think overall Dominion is the more appealing. Mechari and Draken in particular. If I'm going to play what's most typical "me" however it will be an Aurin Esper with the scientist path so I will probably end up on the Exile side anyway.
  7. Iymala

Iymala New Cupcake

Hey Hermes! I am also going Esper Scientist... quite excited about it. Which role do you plan on taking? I love the spell animations, and feel that the stick and move play-style will be a fun challenge in a heavy movement style game.
    Hermes likes this.
  8. RedEyes

RedEyes New Cupcake

Better join Dominion. We are flawless. All exiles will be executed. c:
    Hermes and Iymala like this.
  9. Iymala

Iymala New Cupcake

Especially those with long ears and fluffy tails!
    RedEyes likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Cupcake

The combat does look awesome. I haven't played the beta or anything so will have to wait and see what direction I will go but I'm tempted to try healing when playing in groups since it's supposed to require even more skill than in most typical mmos. I like feeling needed but I don't like depending on others too much, if that makes any sense. Hahaha.
    In any MMO I've played previously, good healers generally had an easier time proving their worth and were always in high demand.
    Iymala likes this.
  11. Iymala

Iymala New Cupcake

Yeah, I completely agree. I have been stalking the Reedit and very positive things have been said about Esper healing (and dps for that matter). I pretty much heal in every MMO I have played (other than when I get talked into tanking) and love picking the harder class... normally the pay off is better in the end.
    Hermes likes this.