1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

A VERY Comprehensive Review for WildStar from a 1%er [WARNING! This is Long!]

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Crucifer, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xalon

Xalon Cupcake-About-Town

I enjoyed your opinions and ideas and it made me think. I still disagree with a lot of them, I still want raid portals, as you said they have made a huge world and I'll appreciate that when I have time I don't like traveling for 20 minutes to do a 1-2 hour raid. People these days have a lot of things to do they are active gamers aren't people that dont do any other things. Also the + and minus system to me is terrible and makes weapons too OP. maybe add 1-3 uplevels and make them <REDACTED>ING HARD TO GET but don't add 12!
  2. Rafe

Rafe Cupcake

I wanted to comment on telegraphing because I think there is a point to it's use. One thing is that sometimes you cannot dodge a telegraph because it will either be too fast or you are just not in a position to get out of it. So you will need to know what abilities the boss use and how to overcome them. I feel that is specifically true to bosses from instances and raids. Otherwise if ppl could just avoid all damage, well why do you even need healers for?
    Another point is that telegraphs are great instruments to teach players, because they can get harder and harder every few levels as you go. And then you suddenly need to adapt and use more and more your skills to get out of them and do damage. Maybe because a mob gets enraged over time, or with reaching a lower health they suddenly start to do faster telegraphs...
    Anyways I feel that is an instrument to teach newer players to improve themselves, like you said the 14-16 years old players that can grow to be 1%ers at some point. TERA for example had ways of announcing boss abilities too. It wasn't as visual, but it did the job. I liked it.
    But I defend telegraphs because they are more cohesive visually. That is because player skills use them as well, which is interesting, cause then you need to aim your skills while at the same time dodging enemy stuff and paying attention to your surroundings. I believe it can be done as a great thing for getting together the following points: How do you improve player skill? And how should a game increase in difficulty over levels to help train players on stepping up their player skill?
  3. RazorHed

RazorHed Cupcake

OP .... You're joking right?
  4. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

You realize that this statement can just as easily be applied to you right? You failed to check the date (its been necro'd) and after your rants at raiders in general it begs the question: Are you picking fights on purpose? Honestly, the op has not been on the forum for a month and a half, why are you going out of your way to provoke someone that you know will clearly disagree with you?
    AcidBaron likes this.
  5. Castia

Castia New Cupcake

You make some good points and i agree with a lot of it but it comes across like you want the'good ol days' of vanilla WoW back and that just isn't going to happen. Large pats of that era are just nostalgia, if vanilla WoW was released tomorrow exactly the same as it was released years ago it would flop. There's very few features in the game and the old epic raids like MC etc will be piss poor by todays standards, they deserve to be well remembered but thats about it, the genre as a whole moved on.
  6. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

<Mod Face> I'm locking this thread due to Necro. The information used throughout this thread is literally months old. By all means create a new thread to continue discussion if there isn't already and active thread. (I'm pretty sure there is).</Mod Face>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.