1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

About fansite, and other located languages

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Morggause, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Morggause

Morggause Cupcake-About-Town

Hello Community,

So to explain things first, i'm french and i heard that this game is going to be located in french too, so i was looking for a Wildstar french fansite and ... nothing, i can read/speak and understand english pretty well myself but there's a lot of french who can't, so i was wondering if there's some people here (french seems logical) who would want to start a project like this, i'm seing something like Mmo-champion, i can do the newsing and visual but i'm terribad at coding <REDACTED>,

on the other hand, i don't know what Zap-robo have planned for this website, will it be as in-depth as Mmo-champion is ? If not i'm pretty confident that i can run (with some people of course) a french and english version of this Mmo-champlike for Wildstar.

If people are interested and can offer something in particular, you can leave a message here or to my inbox while i'll wait for the answer of Zap-robo.

Morgg.
  2. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

3. Morggause

Actually no i couldn't, I searched a long time on many place and i've never saw this popped anywhere, you should promote your site in some way...

Edit : So i ran another Google search and i don't have it in the first 20 pages :x
  4. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Well, it isn't MY site. Don't tell ME!
  5. Morggause

You have the same naaaame !

Well anyway if we are good french-side (even tho they don't seems to have a lot of people there), i'll still wait for the answer of the owner of Wildstar-central, I personally used mmo-champ for a long time and i find this blog-style and the really in-depth content they post very usefull.
  6. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

lol makes sense. :p Anyways I wish you good luck with either joining or creating a French fansite. :)
  7. Morggause

His trying to trick me i know that !

Or creating an english one if Zap-robo don't plan on doing it, it would be useless to have two identical site, nobody read two newspaper ...
  8. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Oh I didn't notice that? LOL! I set myself up for that one. :roflamo:
  9. Thee

Thee Cupcake

10. Morggause

Well thanks for the link, those site are referenced nowhere, have no visitor and no community, this is just sad, (apart from the third one but i won't go there i disagree with that site so :x)

So yeah either i'm too late (or maybe i'll just steal the place of someone else) or i will have to make something in english but i guess there's probably the triple amount
  11. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I see that you've already been pointed to my list of fansites, and I hope you find one that suits you! We will certainly be adding to WSC as time goes on, though there is no set list of databases or features that we are planning to add - instead we will provide what the community wants (to the best of our abilities!)
  12. Kahlan

Kahlan Guest

This makes me sad. It seems like Wildstar is flying very much under the radar for a lot of people. I was talking to a friend I played The Secret World with a couple of days ago about games releasing this year, because we'd like to play another MMO together. I mentioned Defiance and The Elder Scrolls Online, but said I had pinned my hopes on Wildstar because it had the most appealing design and mechanics. (TESO left and right click combat is a turn off to me.) He immediately responded positively to Defiance and TESO, but had no clue what Wildstar was. So, I pointed him here and at the main site.

I really think Wildstar could do with some more promotion on the American side of things as well. Though, I'm spreading information about Wildstar word-of-mouth style as frequently as I can. And, I've commented on almost every single Nexus Telegraph on Massively since it started, hoping to push comment counts higher, because I know this is something that encourages people to read something they might not have otherwise. I'm not spamming. :p Just providing feedback. I also plan to discuss Wildstar on my personal site, though it won't be a focal point. As much as I love Wildstar Central, I do think the main site would benefit heavily from a forum. One thing I think SWTOR did right was to promote guild creation by having on-site registration and forums well before any firm plans were announced. This really nurtured community discussions and brought me back time and time again, just to see what my new guildmates where discussing and what topics were important to the community.

I realize official game forums cause a lot of trolls to appear from the mist. *Sigh* Its not something I enjoy either. But, I do think that if people visit the main site and see community there, its going to drive interest in the game. I will still, of course, come here for the majority of my forum activity. Much nicer people and friendlier discussions.
  13. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Carbine just had a couple of media press events where they have showed the game. I expect some major articles on the regular gaming sites in the next one or two weeks. :)
  14. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Like Blackwolf said, I think once they have more info they'll start marketing it more intensely. A decent number of people on IRC won't even post on these forums because we don't know enough at the moment. Once things become a little more concrete, I expect people to start hearing about it.
  15. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I don't know if it is realistic to expect a newer dev company with a new IP to have the same level of awarness at this stage of Defiance and TESO.

Defience has Trion and the SciFi TV tie in thing for people to increase the hype factor, and TESO has a strong IP.
  16. Thee

Thee Cupcake

Well, WildStar is based on a new IP and is the first title of Carbine Studios, but they belong to NCSoft which is pretty much a juggernaut in this industry. If someone knows how and when to introduce a game into the market, it's certainly these guys and gals. So yeah, I'd love to see more attention to the EU audience but I also trust they know what they are doing and when.
    Michael Thysson and Darkspur like this.
  17. Darkspur

Darkspur Cupcake-About-Town

I agree I think they are below radar for good reasons at the moment, this month will see a virtual explosion of information (I think) and the ramp up to the final phases before Beta. Considering the size, skills and capabilities of the team they have working exclusively on this, those final phases could fly by. Kudos to the PM for the project - they are managing it far more responsibly than others Ive seen.
  18. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I actully like that it is under the radar now. Less chance of people getting over hyped then turning into rage filled forum posters when it does not meet their unrealistic expectations.
    Michael Thysson and Darkspur like this.
  19. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Sadly, that's just a matter of time. I hope WSC can avoid these overhyped gamers. Maybe they end of up on the Curse site ... :devilish:
  20. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I definitely think Carbine needs to increase marketing and exposure soon which I'm sure they are planning on doing but hopefully in a unique way. We should make a suggestion thread. :p
    Auryn likes this.