1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Accout/Inbox/Alert/Logout Bar

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Red_Death01, May 30, 2013.

1. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

Personally as a website designer this is starting to slowly get on my nerves as I constantly have to scroll up to the head of the website section to click on this. Please- for the sake of everyone's sanity make it a floating bar that hovers over content on the head of the website.

Reminder: Don't forget to move the content on the website down an extra px amount equal to the height of the bar to keep the original layout you have.

P.S. Also please make it dynamically update so I don't need to refresh the page to see if there is a new message/alert.

THANK YOU~
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Alas, this is embedded into the Xenforo style - nothing I can do to change it. If by some means I did, then it would have to be re-edited every time the forum is upgraded.

Sorry it's a pain for you!
  3. Red_Death01

I'm assuming the website is a predetermined style in a website hosting service. Kind of like "Buy a Domain we give you a Style to customize" type deal.... Sometimes they also allow customizing the style code- though this depends on the hosting service and how much liberty they give you.

Though- do you upgrade the forum or do they? If you do you just need to reuse the premade code after the change and it'll keep it... if they upgrade the forum... ok ya... I'll stop bugging you because after every update re-adding the code would get annoying....
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Nope - hosted directly on a private server but the way the Xenforo styling and software upgrades work, means as I stated above.
  5. Red_Death01

Hmmm, my experience is very limited since I only work with custom webpages and not software. Oh well...

....I resort to duplicating a frame type environment on my screen ;-;