1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Age of Conan

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Lesh, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Lesh

Lesh Cupcake

The game is actually really good. At least so far. If you want to try something different, I would highly recommend it.
    Mellkor likes this.
  2. Lookeba

Lookeba Cupcake

Gave it a go a few years back but the limitations on the free version just made it not feel like it would be worth it to invest any time into it to decide if it's worth spending money on.
  3. Lesh

Lesh Cupcake

there are hardly any limitations these days.
  4. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Ah, Age of Conan. I played in 2010 mostly got an 80 then my enthusiasm died.
    It was probably at this point i was beginning to become disillusioned with the theme park model because afer a few raids i had essentially seen all the game had to offer outside of repeating said raids indefinably. One of the great things about raids back then tho, was you could get in at 78 and still be useful. even at 78 my sin hit like a truck occasionally causing boss aggro spills.

Personally i think where it falls shorts is it just needs those little sandbox elements that make the world feel like a world instead of a stage. Although, khitai was a very lush and expansive land yet only filled with mobs to grind and dailies for the most part(still superior to mop in every way tho lol).

Its actually a great game with lots a of layered content, even if its starting to get a bit 'dated' evidenced by the models and the "clunkyness" of game play mechanics.

Finally, I should probably also point out that at that time it had a GREAT player community in the sense of guilds, however rivalry among guilds was savage lol.
  5. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

You really don't need to spend any money on the game unless you have poor self control like i have lol..

Hell, you can even raid first teir now on free accounts, the only thing that would be somewhat of a bummer is a lot of the pre cap dungeons are locked, some classes are hidden behind a pay wall.
  6. Lookeba

Lookeba Cupcake

I guess I should give it another shot. Downloading it now. Any suggestions on realms/guilds to search for?