1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Am I a WoW snob?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by The Duck, Jul 3, 2013.

1. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Nothing wrong with elitist behavior only an annoyance comes from average players with a snobbist attitude.

Have to disagree with you Vexeer on ToTGC, while not being much for area design it did provide fun and interesting fights in WoTLK not to mention the achievements of zero wipes and even zero kills on heroic modes were rather challenging to obtain.

Specifically pointing towards the PvP style fight and anub-arak.

Wotlk for me personally was the most enjoyable expansion so far, it had something for everyone raid wise in cataclysm when they went full ahead with making 10 mans equal a lot of things got lost once they started tweaking them on 10 mans after the first tier.

Also they caved in too fast to the cries at the start of cataclysm, i remember my guild before nerfs barely managing a boss and after the nerf, doing it with less than 25, don't even want to start about how quickly the heroic 5 mans got butchered up under the notion that "random thrown together groups should not have to face challenging content".

Yes cause having to think, not mass pull the entire dungeon as you could in wotlk 5 mans and maybe even trying a single CC was too hard for the majority it seems.
  2. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

TotGC was a <REDACTED> and boring raid and not having trash was a poor decision to break the monotony of that boring <REDACTED>ing raid. The achievements and mechanics involved made it more interesting and fun. But the same could be achieved in any raid. I'd be disappointed to see any raid similar to TotGC ever again. The rest of LK was pretty damn fine though.

I liked Cata and TBC dungeons difficulty. The Cata ones were a bit boring but the difficulty was good. LK and MoP ones are a bit of a joke.
  3. They

They New Cupcake

Ahh... yea, i didn't make myself clear.
    I actually wasn't complaining about the raid difficulties, i was "defending" my hardcore raiding experience...

I didn't stop raiding in WoW because it was\is "easy" i stopped because close friends and guildies i liked have quite, with them i fell out of the hardcore circle and never returned...
    I may get it wrong (don't kill me if i do i didn't raid the latest editions) but to my knowledge recently wow has been playing the "numbers game" more than complex mechanics to achieve a goal, i am not super into this kind of stuff...
    Wildstar, at least, seem to bring again those complex mechanics which i hope will get me back into playing Hardcore.

Other than that you're completely right to say that, if i wanted to play hardcore i should have gone Heroic mode.

As previously presented in the discussion i don't think the difficulty has dropped as much as the player based became more experienced with the content\game mechanics themselves and the game hasn't caught up to it.

I also look for something new, or i rather say "Kinda" different!
    It's looks as we have great community over here and to believe it's not even released... :X

*P.S I kinda didn't sign for a guild or any 40 man group , know of one would you *kindly* suggest it? thanks! :X
  4. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Anub'arak was quite hard encounter when it was fresh, and getting Insanity when the instance came was quite hard. ICC had many hard encounters such as Professor Putricide HC and Lichking HC. MoP have had some of the hardest encounters so far, but many of the encounters have been very easy to deal with if you had the chance to stack certain classes.
  5. UNDERZZZZZ

That little dungeons section was only referring to dungeons rather than raids. You're spot on with your post though
  6. Infamouz

Yeah, maybe I should actually read twice what you post. Somehow my brains just told me you are bashing all the Raids since TBC.

But yeah I was actually furious when ToGC came. Virtually no graphics for the raid, every boss had a reused skin, no lore, really nothing interesting. It's still today one of my least favourite instances, but got to give it that Anub'Arak was hard encounter when it was fresh.
  7. Vexed

Vexed Cupcake-About-Town

You are totally correct however on the whole the expansion was very easy. Each expansion has it's fair share of hard and difficult encounters but WotLK destroyed some of the core aspects of the game. MoP certainly has some of the hardest encounters ever made however the game doesn't have as much flexibility as in TBC with having to bring x, y and z class for x, y and z buff. Due to homogenisation it is far easier to build optimal raid groups on an encounter by encounter basis and stack active raid cooldowns. How did it come to this? 10 mans is how, the bane of the MMORPG end game raid content.
  8. Infamouz

Naxx 2.0 was a joke and I doubt anyone denays that. I don't really think WotLK would had destroyed anything. You can say that dungeon finder destroyed server communitys if you wish tho, but that is different discussion. For the buffs, in optimal scenario buffs wouldn't even exist atleast not those long ones. They really bring nothing on the table for enjoyment of the game.

I don't think classes should be homogenized too much. Classes should have little something only they can do, but having static buffs is not the way to do it.

10-man vs 25-man is again different discussion. Both raid sizes have great aspects, both of them hurt the game in different ways.
  9. UNDERZZZZZ

To me it always felt like an experiment, and that it went wrong because it was so <REDACTED>. I swear in the run-up to Cataclysm I either read an article or a poster from a Blizz dev saying how it actually was a test and they found that raids needed trash etc. But for the life of me I couldn't find it.

With me, the thing I want more than most is to see the mystery of raids restored. I think WoW has sucked a lot of the meaning out of raiding, possibly to accessibility, but I think there are a number of reasons as well (and I'm not in the mood to go into specific details I've stuck on threads before, right now). I want high end raiders to be something almost mythical. That would certainly be more exciting.
  10. UNDERZZZZZ

I think it's down to the equality between 10 mans and 25 mans. I don't have a problem with there being some content for 10 mans, even if it's the same content but with lesser game. Separate raids like ZA bridging some of the gear gaps but not completely catering to 10 man guilds were good. I know of a few 10 man guilds that did Kara and ZA and existed happily.

I'm not keen on 10m either, but I don't mind it's existence as long as gear power remains as an incentive for the larger raid sizes.
  11. Infamouz

They made ToGC the way they did, cause they had a switch in the developement Lead (Jeffrey Kaplan off to make Titan, Greg Street to Lead System Designer spot) and because they had been working on ICC for long time and saw that they would not be able to produce epic enough content for a raid that might be the most important instance lore wice since Warcraft. This was also the reason why they scrapped Nerubian kingdom raid off completelly, they did not have time or resources to make it same time with ICC.

ToGC was just a filler in between Ulduar and ICC to keep people playing.
    They likes this.
  12. Infamouz

13. UNDERZZZZZ

I remember so many of those ideas. That path system would have been much better that what we ended up with. Glyphs have all been plug and play and it's pretty dull.
  14. Infamouz

That "Path of the Titans" system most likely is what inspired Carbine to do their Path system in Wildstar. Remembering that around same time when Jeffrey Kaplan changed team from WoW to Titan lead, there was alot of changes in their developement teams over all. Alot of people quit at Blizzard, some went to Titan, alot of people who had awesome ideas never got to work and make those ideas come true.
  15. UNDERZZZZZ

Yeah that would be interesting if it was true. There are definitely some similarities. The way Wildstar is presenting paths is really awesome, although the late game implementation seems pretty different. At least from comments by JG it seems that way. I'm just sad I can't play every path on 1 char. They all look damn awesome.
  16. Infamouz

Yeah, same really. I have always been a one class player. Played Warrior since TBC start, and only alts I have raided with also is Resto Druid and Hunter. I have also Done some PvP on DK and Rogue. I think 95% of my time spent in WOW is spent on my warrior. Seems that this time around I will make alts so I can experience all the content in the game. :)

If Carbine desides that there will not be Flying Mounts in the game, or that the flying mounts use Airports / Landing strips I will defo go Explorer as my first path. I have done enough killing (soldier) already, Lore I can read from Wikipedia (Scientist) and I can always use the structures others create (Settler) instead of building them my self.
  17. UNDERZZZZZ

Yeah me too. Always a fan of doing stuff on one character but I'll have to make alts to do the path content. Part of me would like paid services to experience it on main. But that seems gimmicky as <REDACTED>
  18. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

that was actually a level 20 dungeon, just fyi.
  19. Classix

Classix Cupcake

Yes you are. But I judge your degree of snobbishness minimal.

Curious to the point of this topic and why there was no poll, you know we do love polls.
  20. Lesh

Lesh Cupcake

Sometimes I am annoyed by hardcore raiders especially when they think newer content is so much harder. Personally I think the only thing you need to be a raider is the right attitude. The kind of people who are constantly looking to improve themselves are going to make good raiders.
    Also
    Different expansions had different difficulties, ie
    Vanilla was hard especially in the early days because the pre raid gear really sucked and was still really hard to get. The release of dire maul instance made everything mu h easier just because it had decent blues. All the classes pretty much sucked and nobody knew anything . People didn't know about agro dumps so during onyxia phase 1 ppl were auto attacking. Rag was impossible just because tier 2 wasn't ready. Stupid things like that. Also in tbc KT was unkillable for sometime because tier 6 wasn't ready, other than that probably my favorite boss, I think it really made us grow as a guild.

Im sure you'll find yourself a decent guild, right now it's just too early to look for one.
    First let's see if the game delivers, second I don't believe in prepaid guilds.