1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 100,000 bells in debt edition.

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Igqira, May 10, 2013.

?

Which version are you looking forward to?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2013.
  1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf 3DS XL.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf Physical Copy.

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf Digital Copy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. None of them!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Igqira

Igqira New Cupcake

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the Animal Crossing: New Leaf thread!
    A place for those who would like to share stories, tips, QR and friend codes.​
    Release Dates:​
    Japan - November 8th 2012​
    Korea - February 7th 2013​
    US - June 9th 2013​
    EU - June 12th 2013​
    AUS - June 15th 2013​
    [​IMG]
    For those new to the series, Animal Crossing is a 'Slice of Life' game in which-- in this installment-- you play the role of Mayor to a city of animals. Each animal (There are lots!) has a chance of being randomly generated into your town (See: moving in) and has it's own personality and interacts with you and others in the town. You are able to expand upon your town, upgrade your home from it's humble beginnings as a tent to a full fledged mansion to decorate it as you please. There are a plethora of activities you can do in your town but I won't get too much into that; we'll just say designing, fishing, deep sea diving, bug catching, gardening and digging up artifacts to name a few.​
    Through the use of friend codes you can visit each others towns via Wi-fi or linking up in real life. You can also share your own personal designs with others online by generating a unique QR code. Here's an example:​
    [​IMG]
    At first glance you may dismiss Animal Crossing as nothing more than a simple childrens game-- and many who are now in love with the series likely thought the same thing at first-- but Animal Crossing will have you captivated for hours on end with its deeply customizable and wildly captivating gameplay.​
    [​IMG]
    Not to mention the extremely charming and memorable music.​
    I'm hoping this thread will serve as a place for Animal Crossing fans and newcomers alike to learn something new and share about the game. See you around!​
    [​IMG]
    Sia, Azhdaha and Bryce like this.
  2. Igqira

Igqira New Cupcake

[​IMG]
    Friend Codes
    TBA; Post your friend codes and I will add them here.​
    Resources
    QR codes or places to find them, feel free to upload your own!​
    These feature some really nice designs, feel free to check around their pages for more!​
    [​IMG]
    Under Construction
  3. Bryce

Bryce New Cupcake

I love me some AC.
    Igqira likes this.
  4. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

Wow, I remember having great times with Animal Crossing on the Gamecube and then Wild World (I think that's what it was called, the first one on the DS).

Too bad I don't have a 3DS ;_;

If I can sell another logo, I might just buy the whole 3DS that comes with AC and is like an AC version, lol.
    Igqira likes this.
  5. Igqira

Igqira New Cupcake

Yep! Wild World was the DS one~

That's exactly what I ended up doing. I haven't been much interested in the 3DS lineup until now, but there are a lot of other really great titles that I feel will make it worth it~ Fire Emblem: Awakening, Rune Factory IV, Etrian Odyssey IV, Monster Hunter 3, Monster Hunter 4, Fantasy Life, Pokemon X & Y, Bravely Default-- the list goes on.
  6. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

I am also very interested in the Legend of Zelda 3DS-remakes! ^^
    Igqira likes this.
  7. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

Man, my brother and I used to wake up super early in the morning so we could each have time to play the gamecube one before heading to school. Fun to play for a half hour or so every day. Looking forward to this one.
  8. C1d0s

C1d0s Cupcake

I prefer AC on handhelds. It's the perfect pick-up and play type of game that doesn't punish you for not being able to log in a bunch of hours.
    B00TE likes this.
  9. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

Always really liked the hourly music too, that brings back memories.
    Sia, Igqira and imrevned like this.
  10. Igqira

Igqira New Cupcake

Here's one of the new hourly songs, I really like this one.
  11. Críostóir

Críostóir Cupcake-About-Town

I put so many hours into the Gamecube and DS versions, bordering on the obsessive I think... :)

If I had a 3DS I think I'd be all over this. As it stands, I only have a DS now, and I'm thinking that if I'm going to put money into anything, it's going to be a new rig for WildStar or a PS4.
  12. Igqira

Igqira New Cupcake

Aw, yeah I know the feeling. They have a special edition bundle coming out that saves you 15 bucks but it's still an entirely new console purchase. I personally went for it because I feel like the current US 3ds XL colors are stale looking.
  13. Críostóir

That's actually a very tempting bundle indeed, for $220.

I'm curious as to why they have not spoken much about their plans for a new chapter on the Wii U...
  14. Igqira

Igqira New Cupcake

I think it's simply just because the portable version has sold better than console ones in the past-- the game just makes more sense on a handheld.
    Críostóir likes this.
  15. Críostóir

I can see that, definitely.

How will New Leaf handle the online component? Is the StreetPass and SpotPass data still saved to your card?

The main thing that would steer me toward a physical copy versus digital would be the size of the game vs. storage capacity, and also what would happen in the eventuality that my 3DS broke down and needed to be replaced. Can you re-download the digital copies of games (a la Steam), or is it a one-time deal?
  16. Igqira

Igqira New Cupcake

Unfortunately I'm not sure-- as I don't have mine yet, although I do know there are features to transfer all of the info / games / saves from one 3ds to another. I would assume Nintendo would be obligated to help you out if your Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle broke down and hook you up with a digital download version or something. I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

Maybe someone else here who owns a 3DS currently can better answer your question on digital games.
  17. Críostóir

I probably never would have thought of it, if the touch screen on my 2004 DS hadn't started acting up. At any rate, I shall watch out for more info on this leading up to launch!
  18. Igqira

Igqira New Cupcake

Here you go~
    Also Shh, derailing my own thread with other games but this looks neat.

edit: as well as the next super smash brothers also being put on 3ds~
    Críostóir likes this.
  19. Críostóir

Perfect, that was exactly what I needed to know!

(and yes it does! I should brush up on my 日本語 and listen through it all!)
  20. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

How long do you think the limited edition AC 3DS XL bundle will be available for? Until Animal Crossing: New Leaf is released? I want to know how long I have to get $100 xD

Also, found this cool site that plays the original AC music and changes depending on the time of day, I believe you can also change it to either WW/City Folk: http://tane.us/ac/