1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Any news of Allignment switching?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Xuphor, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Xuphor

Xuphor New Cupcake

Can't find any info on this as well....

In Everquest 2, when Ratonga's were still Evil only, I loved betraying the evil side and making the main Good city my main house area. It freaked everyone out there, as betrayal was pretty well hidden, and the only way you could really do it is is if you had some sort of a guide.

Is there any chance I could be a (assuming they are the fourth Dom race) Chua that fights for the Exile side, and has my main housing and everything on the Exile areas?
  2. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think this will be in W*, I would kind of ruin the purpose of faction picking if you can play any race on any side. I think faction loyalty is important.
    Gomer, Mudfin, Milamilou and 5 others like this.
  3. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

They may offer a Paid race/faction change at some point like Wow. I just don'[t think it should be an in-game feature to get a faction specific race onto the opposing faction.

Although I'm sure the Dominion would love to get their hands on our Bunny Girls.
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. Xuphor

Xuphor New Cupcake

That was the same critism EQ2 got when they released betrayals. A ton of it. A TOOOOOOOOOOON of it.

So much so that about 99.999% of players never considered betrayaing, and after a few months, no new player in the game even knew about it.

I wouldn't mind if that were to happen to Wildstar. I still think running around as a Ratonga when they were still evil in Qeynos (The main good city at the time) confusing all the good people was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Not just MMO specific, but among the best of any game I've ever played.

.....I also liked the racist NPC's that would say something like "You don't belong in this city rodent!", "Rats in Qeynos now? You bets leave before I kill you myself!", etc. That was hilarious.
  5. Prophyrian

Prophyrian Cupcake

While it does sound like a cool experience, I personally wouldn't want to see this in W*. I'm looking forward to rolling on a PvP server and it would suck to spot the opposite factions a ways off, work your way over there stealthily, and then sadly realize they were a betrayal and no carnage will follow.
  6. Rogosh

Rogosh Cupcake-About-Town

Id love this, giving more "fun" options is what Wildstar is all about.
    Kleev and Xuphor like this.
  7. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

No, thanks, we don't need ppl changing faction 24/7 depending on which faction has the upper hand on the server, at no penalty or cost.
  8. Kleev

Kleev Cupcake-About-Town

The idea of turncoats was brought up in another thread here recently, and I think it would be extremely awesome if the process took a high amount of dedication (a few months at least involving some quest line). It should definitely not be an easy thing to do, or it would be done far too often and ruin it for me. The problem with this idea is it would probably be a huge headache on the development side at this point if such a system were not already in place due to NPC interactions, quests, etc.
    Rogosh likes this.
  9. Xuphor

Xuphor New Cupcake

Heh..... EQ2 solved that issue.

Betrayal on a PVP server was a pure nightmare. There was a third faction, the..... uh.... Exiles. When you betrayed the good or evil side, you were an exile. Then you were permanately flagged for PVP from ANYONE (all players and NPC's), including other exiles, at ANY time, in ANY zone. Also, if you kill an Exile player, whoever kills the exile gets MAJOR bonuses, so people tried to kill exiles all the time. (They have an unchangable "The Exile" title, easy to spot.)

While the betrayer was Exile, they had to do specific quests inside the main city of a faction to align to them, and remove the Exile punishment. Obviously, the main city is jammed packed with hard as hell guard NPC's, and loads of other players, all of which try to kill you on sight.

So yea..... they solved that issue on PVP servers. A lot of people that tried to betray sides to switch to the winning side on PVP servers had to quit that character because they were stuck as an Exile, with no way to go Good or Evil because everyone kept killing them on sight. All players, all NPC's, any zone. That paired with absolutely no cash shop way of buying yourself out of the situation.....

Yea, EQ2 was quite evil in that regard. I loved it though.
    Cages01 and ruff_ethereal like this.
  10. Lylliannah

Lylliannah New Cupcake

I wish more games had this feature. I loved the comments I'd get from NPC's when I walked by if I had switched sides. :D
  11. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

I just don't get people wanting to defect it goes against the lore and it makes the whole point of a faction pointless.

The only people who would defect are humans but that is pointless because both sides have humans. The other races are either too loyal or got seriously screwed.

Mechari are robots they can't change because their tech is more superior then anyone else. (Made by eldan)
    Draken are honor bound to follow the emperor. They would sooner die then lose honor.
    Aurin got their planet owned and their queen had to be rescued from the Dominion and their planet is stilled by the Dominion
    Garnok got kicked off their home planet because they had to fight the Dominion and their people hated that and they hate the Dominion in return for leading them to that.

So please explain how you would defect when all the races have serious reasons to hate the other faction?

Now about the idea of faction changing game play wise it would make the factions meaning less. Choosing your race and side is suppose to mean something. When I see an Aurin in PvP I know they are the enemy plain and simple. Not oh are they on my side or not. Anybody that wants this is just looking to have their cake and eat it too.
    "I want to be Aurin and Dominion or a Draken and a Exile" Just not cool
    Mudfin, Milamilou and ruff_ethereal like this.
  12. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

If money can be made they might try?

I like money....
  13. Xuphor

Xuphor New Cupcake

I'm sorry outburstz, but I'm Russian natively, and I seriously do not understand what you are trying to say, "defect" makes absolutely no sense in any sentence you said it in. A defect is a flaw in a product, I'm not sure what you're trying to say it as.
  14. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Having a sort of guide these dayts is not only extremly easy but expected.
    9/10 players will have that guide, and that's why we cant have nice things like that on our games anymore.

It would make faction unbalance even worse, it would make wPvP confusing as hell, and it would be trivial since everyone would know about it in a couple of months.

Also Lore Wise, the Exile races would NEVER be acepted into the Dominion Ranks(please some Lore Freak correct me if iam wrong =p)
  15. BonusStage

defect can also be used as an act of betrayal/abandonament to a Army or a Cause etc.

iam also not a native english speaker so someone could please elaborate further.
  16. Shalanigh

Shalanigh Cupcake

A defector is a person who gives up allegiance from one state in exchange for allegiance to another. That's what he meant when he was saying defect.
  17. Xuphor

Xuphor New Cupcake

What if the had to do similar things that EQ2 people did, and they had to kill 100 people on the Exile side? Or, if you perfer not killing, you could just destroy the main building where the leader of the Exiles would be, along with 10 other goverment buildings of your choice.
  18. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

Defect can also mean to abandon one's country or cause in favor of an opposing one. In this case the Dominion for the Exiles or Exiles for the Dominion

example Outburst will defect from the Dominion to join the Exiles.
  19. BonusStage

It's not about trust, it's about being the superior Races.
    Maybe Humans could do that, but i dont think the other races could.
  20. Xuphor

Xuphor New Cupcake

If Chua's playable, I'll be always Chuas, I don't care which race is the most/least popular. If I'm stuck with Dominion, then I'm stuck with Dominion.

I know a lot of other people are like me in that regard, they will only play as one race, no matter what.
    Drasas likes this.