1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

any of you played SWG?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by WildOne, Oct 17, 2013.

1. WildOne

WildOne Cupcake

i really miss this game, it had housing, awesome rp, flying mounts, and other hawt stuff, the community was tiny but awesome, and wildstar is pretty much the closer thing to SWG ive seen for a while.
    wierd aliens+housing+roleplay ftwwww (and flying mounts also) :geek:
  2. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Played it back when it was released 10 years ago. Still my favorite MMO of all time. I'm hoping EQ Next and Wildstar brings some if it back.
  3. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

Played it a long time ago. Never moved beyond several free trials though. Had some fun goofing off and exploring but not much interest beyond that at the time.
  4. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

The Hologrind ruined that game for me. I ended up leaving it for the CoH Beta.
  5. Futurisk

Futurisk New Cupcake

swgemu.com
  6. SisterSin

SisterSin Cupcake

I loved it the emu is very clickish,
  7. Artificer

Artificer Cupcake-About-Town

Yes, I played the hell out of SWG and enjoyed every bit of it. I must say one critical thing though for all you who may remember.....I will never know another pain compared to the original Holocron grind...That was the official curse to my soul..my first experience where I can remember never wanting something more than to unlock a Jedi. Of course after grinding 26 professions after my holocron went "silent"...still nothing...but then....just then...a call from my brother..."Dude! I unlocked my Jedi after a total of 5 professions (as he was one of the first Jedi on his server "Darkmar Volo" The Trandoshan Lightsided Jedi). Oh I have never been so jealous in my life LOL. I remember friends unlocking theirs and me running around with them, every time I heard that unmistakable sound of their lightsabers lighting up, I died a little inside.

Aside from that <Redacted>, it was one of the most memorable games I ever played.
  8. Greenstalker

Greenstalker New Cupcake

@Wildone: Check The Repopulation. It is the closest thing I saw to SWG that will be coming in the next couple of years and yes I played like crazy until NGE than it was not SWG anymore for me but Random WoW clone number 1.
  9. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

hmm i don't think wildstar is going to be anything like swg.... in fact, when i mentioned player created cities people didnt like that idea...
  10. Greenstalker

Greenstalker New Cupcake

I repeat my suggestion for you too. check the repopulation :p
  11. WildOne

WildOne Cupcake

checked it, looks meh :3