1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

ArcheBlade -- A great FREE action based Arena Gem!!

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by WildFly, Dec 15, 2013.

1. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

OOOPS posted this in the wrong forum. Please move to Gaming Forum. Thanks!

Ok, found this on steam. This is a great little gem of a game. This is pretty much the type of combat I want in MMO's. This game is running on the Unreal Engine which is a wonderful thing. I love Unreal Tech.

Here is a vid of me mucking around. I just installed it so had no clue how to use the combat was trying to figure it out. But some of he characters can fly .. some are ranged.. they all move wonderfully in this very smoothly executed utilization of the Unreal Engine. I will be playing this game a lot.

Check it out!
  2. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

Play Dragon nest.
  3. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

Already played that. The graphics just way too awful. Good combat. Dragon's Nest 2 will be good. See my thread on upcoming Action MMO's in the game section.
  4. CptElendi

CptElendi Cupcake-About-Town

It's not about the graphic, it's all about the gameplay, only true gamer know this.
  5. jessetrevor

jessetrevor New Cupcake

bull <REDACTED>. i refuse to play a game if i dont like the art style. art style is a big part of gameplay. its whats u are staring at the whole time while ur mashing those buttons.
    WildFly likes this.
  6. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

Really a true gamer only knows that? LMAO how old are you?

I'm just Fuc|<ing with you because if you were a bit older you would understand that absolutes in life and more specifically in forum posts are a poor choice. You don't know people personally. You have no idea my background or experience so any statement such ass "only a true gamer would know this" is so immature.

So stop marking yourself as an adolescent and move forward into the realm of maturity. (just constructive criticism.. which you won't take, ah the joys of youth)
  7. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

Avoids word filter to show just how <REDACTED>ing mature they are.

But in all seriousness Art style and gameplay are the two biggest factors for most people when it comes to buying games. If the Art style doesn't fit with the graphics there's a problem. If people don't like the look of the game play ( Personally I don't think I'll try Archblade due to the fighting reminding me of Guns) then they are not likely to give it a shot.
  8. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

Yap. ArcheBlade actually is based off of a graphic novel so there is a background story to it.

You have to keep in mind this game is made by a company that consists of only 12 people! The game was in development for four years. It's currently in beta so there is more to come for it. :)

UPDATE: I played this more today and this is by without a doubt the best game I've played in a LOOONG time. I think I finally found something that fits my play style. Super fun online game with nice graphics a combat system that has a lot of flexibility and uniqueness per character but is easy to learn. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended for combat action players.
  9. jessetrevor

jessetrevor New Cupcake

it is a fun game, but just doing pvp arena matches non stop isnt enough to keep me interested in something. i like a good mix of pvp AND pve.

but the combat is super fun, and i enjoy the graphics.
  10. TuxedoMask

TuxedoMask Cupcake

The Moon, or Outerspace but sometimes Earth
    I love Gunz! I was kind of a big deal back in the day, I made a few youtube vids and stuff. When they went to ijji however I played like 2 days, won 20 Duels in a Row so i could get that Account Shotgun and basically I quit after that.
    Gunz 2 has no Kstyle, so Gunz 2 will not be getting my money lol Stupid Maiet
  11. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

I agree I got kind of tired of it after a week. It's still very fun and a great game but it feels like we need more than just this to make it engaging. Dare I say I've become a MMO addict and nothing else will do?

However, what I really like about the game is it's combat. I just want a MMO with this type of combat but also a great story and engaging content.