1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Are Espers Magic?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Kay, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Kay

Kay Cupcake

Totally trivial, more of a roleplay question than anything else, but it has been bugging me, but as it says on the tin, is the Esper class magical in nature, or psionic?

Naturally, at first I considered them psionic because of the comparison to a 'cross between Professor X and the Green Lantern' thing, but then you consider the Aurin, who are apparently a magical race, and the fact that their abilities do magic damage (the last of which might be more for the ease of gameplay mechanics and not having to add another damage type that would be entirely limited to one class, of course)

So, are Espers psionic in nature? Or might there be a hint of the arcane within them?
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Psionic.

The ''magic'' damage is just convenient.....kinda hard to have a game with Tech, normal, psysical, magic, psionic damage just to make that ''difference'' mroe noticable.

And your part about the Aurin race.....that means all aurin classes are magical? Even the stalker? Not really.

So again i'll keep it with the ''psionic'' although you can always RP a bit around it that your charater has a slight hint of arcane power in it :D
  3. Kay

Kay Cupcake

True that, true that. I guess for roleplaying purposes, the ideal class would still be the Spellslinger for a mage-favorer then. :)
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Specially seeing how they can ''go'' inside another realm....that's pretty nice for RP ;)
  5. Kay

Kay Cupcake

Oh yes! I love love LOVE the Void! I keep hoping that it might have a sort of 'Soul Reaver' thing going where there'd be creatures that hide in there. :) Sure it might complicate things, but it'd be delicious. :D