1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Are there any concerns regarding wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by thrastorm7, Feb 12, 2013.

1. jimmy

jimmy New Cupcake

1- any and every game that does not differentiate pve from pvp by either a pvp specific stat system or gear sees pve ruined ...usually the pvp cry babies scream nerf nerf nerf and it happens and pve is ruined then people leave the game and the game dies. Where as a seperate stat and or gear can be nerfed to make pvp people happy without upsetting pve people

2- dungeon finders are here to stay. Wow didnt originally have a dungeon finder but due to customer complaints instituted 1 and any game that wishes to be succesful now implements them. swtor didnt at the begining but had to buckle under and put 1 in. WoW is free beta information. WoW discovered success = a dungeon finder so to not put 1 in is idiotic especially when carbine devs have said the majority of players per their research (around 60%) are solo casual players and forced guilding and or waiting around 2 hours to form a group does not create community, it destroys a game

3- could see being forced to have to slow travel to a dungeon entrance even with dungeon finder....not an issue
  2. Sephel

Sephel Not a Cupcake

Yeah sorry I should have clarified -- I'm all for having a dungeon finder tool, I think it would be foolish not to. Just don't port all the players to the dungeon, its so much better having to physically travel there.

Rank 14 set was > Tier 2 was > Tier 1 was > Rank 10 set. It made sense that rank 14 gear would stomp out Molten Core gear, as Rank 14 (at least on Magtheridon) was incredibly difficult to get, not to mention there were only a handful of HWLs/GMs on each server.
  3. Mayjinx

Mayjinx Cupcake

I have a concern too. stop basing everything on wow!

Thank you... And they didnt say no flight yet thou? i really hope not!!!!
  4. αRomeo

αRomeo Cupcake-About-Town

It's the big elephant in the room. Naturally, people will use it as an example, but nowadays we have more mmos that have done fairly well, or at least better then some. Like, SWTOR or Guild Wars 2, that can be made an example out of, or even Star Wars Galaxies and so on and so forth. It's just that, most people have played WoW, for a good reason, and now it is burried, and some want that feel that it gave them years back with refreshing features that made things easy or exciting for them.
  5. Mayjinx

Mayjinx Cupcake

Star wars failed thou and GW2 isn't that great...
  6. αRomeo

αRomeo Cupcake-About-Town

In the end, yes, but they did have some great features that made them enjoyable, then some features that made them "less enjoyable" which may have led them to their downfall, which is why people today can talk about them, discuss what was good, bad and the ugly and hopefully reach a consensus to help the developers of carbine to make a better experience for everyone, me, you, your friends, my friends and the rest of the world. Yay!
  7. Mayjinx

Mayjinx Cupcake

Your right it was horrid standing there spamming LF2M CoF for a HR!! in GW2 lol

Outside the gate..not been able to do anything...boring! id take teleport LFD finder any day of the week...
  8. cirk

cirk Cupcake

1) Fragmenting the community is something that should be avoided if possible. I haven't set a food into a bg after resilience was introduced. It's not that I didn't like to do some pvp from time to time but I couldn't be bothered to keep two sets of gear up to date. Different stats is however a safe choice for the devs if they don't want to force raiders to grind upgrades in pvp due to poor balance or raid lockouts.

2) and 3) The devs have to choose between convenience for players or a populated living game world. Same thing with the ongoing flying mount discussion. I am a bit torn on this one. On the one hand I have fond memories of he old days. At the same time I would like to get things done fast and efficient. Without to much babysitting.

I have trust in the devs to consider this choice carefully and make the right one.
  9. Ohoni

Ohoni Cupcake-About-Town

1) I would rather not have it so that players who PvP constantly end up with better PvE gear than players who PvE all the time. So long as all types of gear are in balance (PvP/raid/PvE) it would be ok, but this can get tricky.

2) I would rather find a group asap, and do not care whether the members of that group are from my own server. I group constantly with people from other servers and they are nice people too.

3) There is no benefit from inconveniencing players on the way to dungeons. If instantly teleporting to dungeons ruins the open world of the game then the game has a sucky open world anyways. Players should be active in the open world because the open world itself is an interesting and rewarding place to be, not because they are forced to pass through it to get to where they want to be. If the developers have to force players to slog through it then they have already failed.
  10. Mayjinx

Mayjinx Cupcake

You are the kind of people i like lol
  11. jimmy

jimmy New Cupcake

1- a huge chunk of wildstar devs are former vanilla WoW devs

2- WoW at going on 9 years with millions of customers (never liked it myself) and being the most successful MMO ever so far (have to give props when due even if personally was never a wow fan) = natural to compare and especially since going on 9 yrs and so much $ and time WoW is FREE BETA INFO without carbine having to invest $ and time to learn some basics thanx to WoW. Any company that ignores WoW's free info on what to do and not do would be idiots
    Psistorm likes this.
  12. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

On number 1:
    Seeing as they want to make gear good for the role it is obtained in (aka stuff you get in pvp is good for pvp etc), that makes sense. And I would hope there are ways to get entry-level PvP gear for gold, and matchmaking that reflects gear AND skill rating to keep things fair.

Number 2:
    I'm not particularly against cross server, but I would rather see fewer, larger realms rather than many small ones. Small shards often are subject to fluctuation while the population rebalances, and you're left with ghost town low-pop shards that just feel very dead. Cross server is a band aid in this case, not a solution. So yeah. I'm not against it, but please Carbine, have few, big realms instead to allow for big guilds having big raids, and healthy in-server LFG pools.

Number 3:
    I'm not bothered with that, it's a convenience. It provides convenience, without which many people probably might not be as willing to do the content. Lazy attitude i know, but still. It is a very common thing, and given dungeons are all over the world, you may be facing large travel times worst case, just taking longer until you can enjoy the content you want to play.
    You always have the option to get premades and travel manually, though, and lets not forget the idea of raid portals, which might extend to dungeons as well.

Edit:
    jimmy makes a good point. WoW is currently the biggest, most grossing MMO on the market, so a comparison to what's familiar is natural. That doesn't mean everything WoW does is good, but let's face it. For a long time, they held 10-12 million SUBSCRIBERS, meaning people paying their 15 bucks every month, while many other games have trouble retaining a few hundred thousand and go free to play quickly in order to survive and attract more people while they fix their messes. So learning from WoW - as well as learning from other mature and well received MMOs - is not as bad as an idea as it may seem.
  13. Mayjinx

Mayjinx Cupcake

You have a point..but like you said your self millions of people play it NOW...so its not all about vanilla wow then.. is what you are saying?... they must be doing something right..haha

Besides times change and we all know that...the vanilla people will never get that same feeling they did..is the part they can not grasp..with the times you must also change...that is a fact..
  14. lusciifi

lusciifi Cupcake-About-Town

I just want to point out that cross server queus is pretty much required for warplots. We are talking about huge teams of 40 here, and there probably wont be more then 10 or so on a large server. Without cross server, you would either be playing against the same team over and over again, or you wouldn't be playing at all because no other guilds did war plots at the same time as you.

The smaller scale stuff I agree with, but war plots should really be about the best of the best fighting around the world.
  15. Sawpaw

Sawpaw Cupcake-About-Town

Hardest grind in my gaming history by far, 18 hours a day everyday without fail for 4 months, non stop BG's with a premade filled with high ranks. I saw people literally lose their minds towards the end that grind. It was hard no matter what server due to the time you had to put in, but yeah slightly more competition on Mag.
  16. Jaeren

Jaeren New Cupcake

I usually just tend to lurk and read posts here on wsc. Although I felt the need to post here and give my thoughts to carbine.

I don't like pvp/pve gear seperate because of the playerbase seperation. But I can see the need for the difference in gear.

I agree with all points on the last 2. Using WoW as an example, the world is completely dead because of these. No close knit server communities, pvp guild rivalries, and most of all a dead world. Nothing breaks immersion and enjoyability of an MMO (in my opinion) than not having to leave a major city, and when I do on rare occasion, either not seeing anyone in it and/or simply flying past it.

Just my 2 cents
    Dnevnoy likes this.
  17. Sevvy

Sevvy Cupcake-About-Town

WoWkids unite! I hope this game is just like WoW, so when it comes out I'll whine and quit because it's just like WoW! And if it's not enough like WoW, I'm going to whine and quit and then go play WoW because WoW is just like WoW!

EDIT: This post is not directed at the OP. I mostly agree with you, actually. But this game needs its own identity. If you think this game needs something because WoW has it, you're WRONG.
    Mayjinx likes this.
  18. Devisi

Devisi New Cupcake

I hope so much Wildstar is not going to make the same mistake.
    Kalmander likes this.
  19. Mayjinx

Mayjinx Cupcake

lol
  20. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

I'm lazy, I like flying, and I hate being forced into anything. But that's just me.

Honestly, that's just me, thought I'd say it here. My feelings aren't that strong about the topics because way I see it, as a Stalker, more people on the ground = more prey.