1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Are there any concerns regarding wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by thrastorm7, Feb 12, 2013.

1. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

I spotted somewhere that cashshop items for housing will be in, lacking the source currently that means your house being destroyed by other players is unlikely.

Also so far i know the current design makes it instanced and therefor you would have to invite people in.

The houses also serve a more social aspect, they'll have dungeons popping up beneath your house you require a group to clear, you can setup an fight club sort of thing and you can make it so your house is the entry point for your guilds raid by having a raid portal.

Fun fact, those part of the 1% never come out as being a 1%. Generally above average players that been part of a somewhat good guild tend to use that to define themself, us good players don't need that title to stand out.

Besides that, the idea is to give something to aspire to yes the game will be harder but that simply means at the end of the day you'll find more enjoyment in getting things done, do you enjoy mindlessly killing mobs that require no thinking over and over and.......over and over?

I'm guessing the answer is no on long term, Yes content will be harder. Making a game to so easy to complete means what really is there on the end game level besides mindless farming? Nothing.

The game is designed that even while leveling mobs gradually increase in difficulty so you don't get dropped in the deep end and there's no immense large learning curve that would scare players off. You do need challenging gameplay from the get go, to allow it so people have something to work for at the end of the ride. So it's not like EVE or for some players even TSW where i noticed a lot of complaints going from the starter area to the second one and people getting killed off (fun fact due to that case you had a lot more player interaction where others would seek out community boards for advice and i think that's something they are after again)

It's all about how you present the challenge, not how challenging you make the game.
    Provide the player with a hill and they will climb it, provide them with a mountain where they cannot see the top and they will give up.
  2. Tom Collins

Tom Collins New Cupcake

I'm just worried that they have a locked amount of skills to use at any one time, or just not many in general. This pretty much killed GW2 for me and I find it detracts from the game in a huge way.
    Others may disagree, this is just a personal preference.

Anyone got any reliable sources on how it works ability wise?
  3. Tacomagamefan

Tacomagamefan Cupcake

The only thing that gnaws at me a little bit is the apparent design decision to limit each class to one weapon: sword for warriors; psyblade for espers; claws for stalkers; and dual pistols for spellslingers. I find it particularly interesting in that it appears to be the exact opposite design decision of TESO which will apparently let every class use every weapon. This presents a huge difference between the two upcoming games.

What I am wondering about is whether I will yearn for a different weapon after my 10th, 50th or 100th set of pistols for my spellslinger no matter how cool the animations. Will I feel that know matter how awesome my 100th set of pistols look, a pistol is still a pistol is still a pistol?

What are your thoughts on this topic?