1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Arkship 2013 - Community Questions Answered

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

But /sit is completely different from actually sitting in a chair. :p
  2. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

True, meant to say /sitchair like Lethality said where you have to actually aim it. :p
  3. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

I'm pretty disappointed in this announcement, but I'll be patient and wait to see what kind of content they offer for each raid size.

My memories of the Vanilla WoW raiding model are quite different from yours. I remember there being a lot more 40-man content than 20 (5 raids and a number of world bosses vs 2 raids), and seriously inferior rewards in the 20-man raids.

20-mans were not a legitimate progression path back then. Serious raiding guilds, if they ran them at all, did so on off nights and/or to gear up new members. You also had some smaller, causal guilds running them because that was the only end-game PvE content they had beyond UBRS. Granted the raids were fun (old ZG was one of my favorite raid instances), but there was no Tier progression and ultimately if you didn't raid 40-mans, you missed out on a lot of seriously cool content. There were no guilds that only focused on 20-man progression; at least, none that I ever saw.

40-man guilds in Wildstar will absolutely raid 20-man content. I'm not sure why you think they would skip out on an alternate gearing path to speed up their 40-man progression, especially when competitive leader boards are involved.

Again, I'll reserve judgment until I see the quality of 20-man endgame content. But with the way they have been hyping the 40-mans, I think "uneasy" is a good way to describe how I feel.
  4. John

John "That" Cupcake

I was referring to the BC model (Zul Aman) where the ZA gear was on par with T5. I never suggested 40 man guilds wouldn't raid 20 man content, they definitely will, and that would seem to give them an advantage for sure. I guess a part of me kind of likes the hardline stance Carbine is taking, not spewing out the typical PR speak of "theres something for everyone". At least right now, it looks like top tier raid content will not be easily accessible to everyone without some work. Personally Im ok with this philosophy, you can make so much better game systems when you are not limited by the factor of trying to make things as accessible as possible to everyone. And thats true for everything, not just raiding.
    Gempulse likes this.
  5. Merketh

Merketh Cupcake

good stuff, cheers!
  6. Lemonater

Lemonater New Cupcake

But will we be able to dance in the beds?

Also, for the housing, since they have the option to add weapons (video), wouldn't it be fun to have a daily quest to go with that? Some sort of "Defend your house" event?
  7. John

John "That" Cupcake

Daily quest and fun should never be in the same sentence :p
  8. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

Daily quests killed WoW, I bet almost everyone agrees with me here. I would hate to see daily quests in WildStar.
    cali, 16bitbandit and Yakzan like this.
  9. Foxgloves

Foxgloves Cupcake

With as much work as they've done for supporting addons, it wouldn't surprise me if some addon made this a possibility.

This was a really good collection of information that reinforces what Gaffney has said many times when he talks about the state of the genre. Very glad to know that being aware of what games need and putting them in this game has been a design concept from the beginning.

So many little things that you don't realize matter a lot until you don't have them. Can't wait for more news from PAX.

When daily quests are poorly implemented, don't give enough rewards, and feel punishing to miss them...then they are not a good feature.

Daily quests can be done right though. There are a lot of ways to do them better than we're used to in other games...not sure why they haven't happened yet.
  10. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I know I'm treading on dangerous territory with some dangerous words, but perhaps dailies could be handled in a similar fashion as to how levequests were handled near the end of FFXIV 1.0? There, instead of having daily allotments, your allowance of leves increased every x hours or so and instead of resetting each day, it just built up to a maximum of like 99 or something like that. This way you aren't punished for not playing every day and can burn through your allowance at your own pace, not the pace the game sets for you.

I'm personally sick of dailies after doing literally thousands of them in WoW and a few hundred in LotRO. At least something like the system proposed above is some sort of improvement, though certainly more improvements could be made to the system, if such a system were to be used.
  11. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

levequests were horrid due to being the exact same freaking thing over and over again( im fairly sure i killed every single warf rat on that damned continent). The whole system came off as horribly awkward, to me anyhow. Then again, most daily quests systems DO come off as the same old bs day in and day out. If this ends up being subscription based (which some ppl have pointed out is more likely than not) then unless they pull something awesome from the depths O nexus, we'll end up with chore like dailies (like WoW) where you feel like you MUST do them, which turns it into a chore, which kills the game experience pretty fast.
    Yakzan likes this.
  12. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

They said nope, issue with model clipping and all
  13. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

They said no to sitting in chairs. /sit is an emote and a separate thing entirely.
  14. patrick

patrick New Cupcake

very nice info still likeing the game more more ever day even when no new info has been let out. and alot of talk abou end game i bet right now half of the people saying end game ill be bad that u are going to forget all about the end game when it comes out (playing it so much and loveing it )
  15. patrick

patrick New Cupcake

it may but depends on what the dailys are
  16. Kakeru

Kakeru New Cupcake

Thanks for this! cannot wait!
  17. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

There goes my life outside of raiding - I still remember EQ2 and Rift 'glowies' - the pokemon of the MMO world, gotta collect 'em all! Achievments are also like a red rag to a bull for me (got the insane title in WoW on my WotLK reroll :p).

Edit: Excuse my bad manners - Thanks for the info/update there Mr Zap-Robo! (grovelling ftw :))
  18. emikochan

emikochan New Cupcake

Aww instanced housing makes me sad :< I thought settlers would be able to make a mark on the world
  19. haggeragge90

haggeragge90 New Cupcake

I think you have missunderstood the purpose of settler. The housing system is something everyone does not only settler. What the settler does is affect the small towns and hubs spread out in the world and make them more rich on for example mount vendors, maybe auction houses. Who knows. Settlers is there to improve relationships between villagers and improve their hubs and towns overall etc. In a video i saw one of the designers mentioned that settlers could build a house with mountvendors where there otherwise wouldnt be any.
  20. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Well, you will with establishing settlements, turning them into towns, improving them into cities, and making capitals. I'm pretty sure there will be a "Founding Fathers and Mothers" plaque for all the settlers who improve Nexus.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.