1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Arkship 2013 - Community Questions Answered

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John "That" Cupcake

I'm glad they have achievements, but I hope there isn't a million of them like some other MMO...like Achievement: You Have Reached Level Two!

It almost just becomes comical and meaningless when an achievement is popping for things you weren't even aware of.
  2. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah good point, I think the designers took the 'give everyone something idea' a bit too far on those types of achievements hehe.
  3. Londrieved

Londrieved New Cupcake

Surprised more people aren't picking at the Stealth being timed rather than a toggle. It's easily one of my biggest disappointments in the list, even if ultimately I understand the reasoning.
    Sick likes this.
  4. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

Unlimited stealth is just way too much of an advantage to give to a class. I am glad it's timed, as it should be.
    Norrin Radd likes this.
  5. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

toggled stealth gets unbalanced in PVP. Also in some PVE where you can just skip over the large majority of mobs.
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  6. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Question: How righteous and/or krunk are the dance moves?
  7. Dpz

Dpz Cupcake

The stealth ability is time limited, made me bit disappointed but i fully understand this decision.

Housing being instanced, well i suspected this since i first heard about it, i'm hoping for it to be one large instanced map so we can brag about our awesome houses though.

"Can we turn on some sort of crosshair for selecting targets and placing AoEs instead of having to hold down right click all the time?" I'm not sure i understand this, is it "press hotkey 2 then align the AoE and click mouse2?"

We can't sit in chairs? :cautious: Well i think Wildstar will be in for some constant requests about that one, both before and long after launch this is what i have been experienced in every other mmo i played, It's a function alot of players wants, even though it seems pointless. I don't mind some clipping.

Man i just want to try out everything the game offers for myself. :rolleyes:
  8. patrick

patrick New Cupcake

well in hope it is not op this way in the ase here u can lower the cooldown of it
  9. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

I don't mind housing being a separate instance as long as this is true (one instance where everyone goes). Otherwise, what good is my "defensive" cannon? Also, what good would be throwing parties if nobody can come?
  10. Noa

Noa Cupcake

I'm new to this and all but I am VERY happy to hear about all this, especially about the dye and wardrobe systems, whoo! No more running around in mismatched, patchwork clothing for this spacer.
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  11. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

The fans of wardrobe changing are crazy!

I even heard some of them say they're prepared to dye to look good :whistling:

(Yeah too much coffee again :oops:)
    moneda likes this.
  12. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

I've read through this like six times now and I'm still doing girly squeals
    Guide likes this.
  13. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Lucky for us.. wednesday is coming.
  14. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

I want to sit in chairs :(
    JarNod and Kurik Lein like this.
  15. Saza

Saza Cupcake

I may be wrong, but I think what was being asked is can you choose a mode for the game which is more like Tera's combat (sorry if there are better examples or one that did it first, I'm just going with what it made me think of though really it is FPS like combat in an MMO). In Tera, both left and right click are keybinds you use for skills, and simply moving your mouse turns your camera (like holding down right click and moving your mouse does in other games). You use a crosshair to aim and point your mouse or strafe in the direction you want to skills you're activating to go off. The mouse still works for interacting with your UI, but only when you switch to that mode by pressing alt.

Of course I could be reading the question totally wrong. I kind of hope I am. At first it seemed so strange to me to have an MMO I interacted with more like an FPS but I love it now. Right click to dodge is a favorite keybind of mine. I would love to see this is Wildstar, though I would think unless the game was designed around it, it is very unlikely it would be an option. It is nice though, I play all MMO with right click held down and not having to doesn't tire my hand out as much (I use a naga mouse so my right hand does a lot in games).
    moneda likes this.
  16. Malanthan

Malanthan New Cupcake

I think one of the option could be use a sort of "lol`s smart cast" where you hold the key button: 1,2,3,4,5 ecc.. and while you holding that key you can direct the area effect simple moving your mouse in the direction you want, when you are ready for use that spell in that direction just release the key button.
  17. The Dominion Opinion

The Dominion Opinion New Cupcake

It should be interesting to see how Wildstar will actually make PvP a viable leveling option. From my experience in other games, leveling through PvP has always been substantially slower and has left me under geared or short on gold. You can rely on PvE spawns and dungeons but PvP interactions are a lot harder to consistently come across due to the unpredictable nature of people. I really hope they can pull it off, as this would defiantly be a refreshing way to level.
    Sick likes this.
  18. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

Lets not forget developing taxi routes etc etc, those first few months for settlers will be dang exciting i imagine :3
  19. Sick

Sick Cupcake

This.

I always play the stealth class for the reason that I love sneaking into places. And it's great for when you have kids and you need to go AFK without having your character killed when you come back.

I really don't understand why people QQ about stealth classes in-game. I think rogues are a joke in WoW right now with regards to PvP. It all comes down to balancing classes.

Sounds mega lame to not have any true stealth classes. The "Surprise" and worry of not knowing if someone is going to sneak up on you or not while questing is half the fun (on a pvp server). When you hear that noise, you know the one... the one that says "<REDACTED>, something just whizzed past me in stealth and I may be about to get my ass handed to me as a hat."

*sigh* This post has me really sad.
  20. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

My last game had pretty much nailed it in my mind. You could have a stealth character that could endlessly stealth, but only if you managed your CDs. If you were out solo PvPing in the enemy zones you'd have to calculate and wait until a certain point in your CDs until you could break stealth in the knowledge that the skills would be ready for you to re-stealth when you ganked the guy. Get it wrong, or if you were spotted in stealth early by another stealther using a certain skill, and you're a squishy sitting duck. The skills for stealth only lasted 1min and 3mins, with 2min and 90sec CDs respectively. So it was pretty pro-active stuff to stay in stealth as well as maintain your buffs (you can only buff a couple of skills in stealth, the rest would have to quickly go in just before the gank or during it).

Also no stealthing in combat. I think it takes around 15 secs to go out of combat, which feels like forever when you have a zerg behind you. Most sins wouldn't make it back into stealth.

Sounds like a lot of hassle, but it was the hardest and most rewarding class to play in game. And the 'endless' stealth (if you were slotted for it, as the 2nd skill was optional) gave a massive advantage in world PvP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.