1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Arkship 2013 - Community Questions Answered

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haggeragge90

haggeragge90 New Cupcake

I dont think they are making a class that can stealth so much cause they want to take advantage of their combat system. If you got a class who can stealth around all the time it kinda breaks that system. Its better if you stealth just to attack and you wont be able to stealth away from someone, thats what ruins world pvp in wow when it comes to rogues. Just pop cloak of shadow and vanish and he will never find you. Kinda broken if you ask me. Also stalker is probably as they said more assasin like then stealthy. Very flexible and quick and jumps around freely slicing everything in their path, jumping over the opponent etc etc. I believe that is way more interesting way to play then just stealthing around. Also i believe stalkers wont be as weak to physical blows as rogues was in wow.
  2. Foxgloves

Foxgloves Cupcake

Umm...I sure hope not if this game wants to be successful. The kind of audience they are trying to reach makes me feels they won't go for a subscription only game. I can see it having a subscription option, but I'd rather see this game done right (which would mean at the least being B2P).

What was the 'evidince' people gave that this was likely to be a subscription game other than the fact that it's high quality and wants to do lots of updates?
  3. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

My post from the Payment Model Discussion Mega-Thread:
    You can listen to his commentary here.
  4. Foxgloves

Foxgloves Cupcake

Yeah I watched that video and that's where I thought he expressed sound knowledge to not support a subscription game. It seemed to me like it would be a B2P with a subscription option. I see that you mentioned that in your post though as well.

I guess people are interpreting words differently, but that's what you get when someone doesn't outright declare their intentions. My fear is that he's not saying because it will be subscription, though I don't think it's a great idea for the success of this game.

I should probably keep this to the mega thread though, since I discovered that after asking the question here.
  5. Dpz

Dpz Cupcake

Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah i've tried Tera and did not like it very much. I prefer the classic move camera on mouse2 and mouse1 for interaction, it covers all of my needs as a keybinder. :3

And yes options to turn off/on stuff like that i feel is a must, it makes both sides happy :) I know TSW got a crosshair i could toggle on if you wanted an crosshair.
  6. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

LoL, you're funny. You say that because you play a stealth class. The issue is at hand is that you always have the upper hand in a fight because nobody ever knows you're stalking them. I understand that's the point. But it's too strong. You get to choose when to fight or not fight. Everyone else has no choice. That's game breaking.

I play a stealth class in a lot of classes. I think limited or no stealth in games to be honest. It's just to broken.
  7. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

<Mod Monocle> Well, ain't this a necro. Please refrain from reawakening such old threads, especially replying to such old posts. I'll simply be locking this thread to avoid any confusion. </Mod Monocle>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.