Arkship 2013 - WSC Community Questions

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

All,

As you may be aware, I will be in attendance for the US Arkship 2013 event where myself and a handful of other fans will get to interact with both the game and the development team. While I would love to bring everyone along with me, my pocket book really doesn't stretch that far!

Instead, I'll be taking audio and video recording equipment with me and will be hoping to put a few developers and/or presentations on the record.

Of course, if I'm asking questions of developers then I'd like to ask your questions!

Separate to the general Carbine Questions thread (which I'll be pulling some from) what else would be on your mind to be answered at an event where you know the game will be on display and the developers open for questions?

Open floor, let me know - I'll try and ask/get answers for as many of them as humanly possible!

<Mod Hat> Please keep this thread to questions for Arkship only and take any discussion to another forum. Any post not posing a question for Carbine will be deleted to keep this thread on track. Thanks! </Mod Hat>
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  2. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Can I buy you a beer when you get there?
  3. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

When will pre-order be an option? (here, take my money)

How far is the work on the addon support? /drool (I expect you to drool when asking, Zap!)

Will alts be able to inherit used items from their elder account siblings? Such as containers (always annoyed me endlessly having to sell my 16 slotter for a pitance, when I upgraded them to 18-20-22 slots, instead of being able to send them to an alt.)

Will we get access to watch some core tester / family & friend machinima from testing at some point? (imagine all the teaser material 1 minute of player made machinima can contain, gimme gimme)

How many classes are in the works as the ones set to ship some day?
    Do both factions have access to all classes?

How many races are in the works as the ones set to ship some day?
    Do both factions have access to the same number of races?

How big a bribe do you require to make a class that is totally OP and only I can choose?

Will there be a Wildstar movie based on the trailer? (here, take my money)

Will there be epic quests chains for all path and/or player types? And by epic I mean the EQ type of exceptional item reward type of epic requiring a <REDACTED> ton of commitment to finish.
    Sarcan and Maddog Charlie like this.
  4. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

I would like to know:
    What they are going to do to sustain a casual progressive player like my wife and myself for years to come? (need "cute" things for her added for sure)

What death penalty will be in the game if any? (rez sick, exp loss, durability loss on items, ect...)

What will players be allowed to use for naming schema for characters? Leet names, Numbers, First and Last names, funny characters? é°îÕäÜòĄÿ
  5. Feliun

Feliun Cupcake

Is crafting/gathering going to be an important part of the game? and how will Carbine make craftable items useful? and address the fact that many items crafted while levelling become obsolete/useless.

Will we have an Auction House? or have they go something else up their sleeve?

Will there be cross faction chat and trade?
    SiegaPlays and Maddog Charlie like this.
  6. Feliun

Feliun Cupcake

Oh and will we see quest chains expanded in major patches etc? rather than just dungeons/raids? As I'm a big fan of questing/story alongside dungeons, and most mmo's just give you more raid content in patches.
    SiegaPlays likes this.
  7. SDR

SDR Cupcake

When is beta gonna start? :ninja:
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  8. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

1. Telegraphs: aim-targeting or click-targeting?
    2. Roles: will each class be able to fulfill 2 roles? (tank/dps, heal/dps, and even tank/heal)
    3. Spells / Abilities: predefined and taught after X levels? or chosen from a collection? How many spells will a character be able to have at max level? On and off the action bars.
    4. Levels: What will be the level cap?
    5. Zones: How many zones or areas will there be? and how will the level bracket be distributed?
    6. Mounts: Land only? Land and flying?
    7. Servers: How will they be categorized? PVE / PVP / RP? What about specific-language servers?
    8. Names: What will be the character naming restrictions?
    9. Purchase: What model will WildStar use? P2P, B2P, or F2P? Will there be in-game purchases?
    10. Deaths: What will be the consequences? How will we revive?
    11. Dungeons / Raids: Will there be weekly lockouts? Will there be a DungeonFinder tool? What is going to be the Tank/Healer/DPS ratio in Raids? How many dungeons are there?
    12. Gear: What are the equipment slots? What kinds of weapons are in the game? Will there be durability? What kind of stats will there be? What is going to be the best source of gear?
    13. Dominion: What are their races?
    14. Race / Class: What are the race/class combinations available?
    15. Talents / Glyphs: Will they exist in WildStar?
    16. Holy Trinity: Will each player perform a singular role in a group? or will a hybrid role be more common (example: healer and dps)?
    17. Melee: Will there be "auto-attack"?
    18. Ranged: Will there be "cast-while-moving"?
    I think that covers a big chunk of what I want to know :)
    SiegaPlays likes this.
  9. SiegaPlays

Let's add space and underwater while we are at it :up:
    Feliun likes this.
  10. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Is there going to be a world pvp like WvW or is it just instanced and open world?

Is there plans in the pipeline for a wildstar real world store? t-shirts , hats etc..

is multi guilding possible in this game?

I hope Carbine is going to be in charge of the game in other regions not like how Planetside 2 gave the EU to a sub par company and people had to interact with that company instead of SOE.
  11. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

All things Dominion.

All about itemisation and gear structure.
  12. SiegaPlays

Ohh, yes, is the game servers/players going to be segregated into real world geographical regions (I am going to punt the messenger, if they are, just a fair warning).
    ObliviousPrime and Sarcan like this.
  13. Duckdee

Duckdee Cupcake-About-Town

Will I have to right-click anything, or can I do everything with the keyboard?
    ObliviousPrime and Kurik Lein like this.
  14. Amlin

Amlin Cupcake

As I've said before in the other thread I'm just very interested in what are their plans in regards to cross faction. Friends and families are very common in MMOs, sometimes they play on opposing factions because they like the lore or the type of race they like is there. Yet they still want to continue playing together, running a guild, etc.

What type of faction restrictions can we expect to see in the game? Will you allow both factions to group up, guild, and raid together?

Even in Rift their pvp was open freelancer to allow for balanced compositions merely sticking people fairly randomly with Red vs Blue system. Or will Wildstar be going to a more oldschool route like WoW?
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  15. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

I'm hoping too that we'll get to hear more about the other faction and with it a lot more discussion and information about cross-faction and PvP.
  16. Sick

Sick Cupcake

I run an 80+ person active member guild. http://exinferno.com/ We play a variety of games, and I'm the Guild Master of 2 L25 Guilds (Horde and Alliance) of the same name. We will be expanding into the WildStar universe once the game launches.

Will I be able to give full "Co-GM" rights to other guild members? Or will only certain features reside with the GM? [I like the SW:TOR way where we could give Co-GM's the ability to do just as much as the GM and NOT the WoW way where only certain permissions were available]

More than 10 guild ranks. It would be nice to have say 20-30 ranks so you could create a true progression system for people to be able to work their way up in the guild and see progress instead of just a few ranks.

Will there ever be any "space" in this space game? I mean, there are other planets that have flown to this one to fight and vie for land. It would be nice if you could perhaps have an Off-planet guild ship that you might be able to set as your "Hearth" and then you could fly to other planets to do Auction House / whatever duties.

(Space Combat anyone?) Guild vs. Guild ships? Where there are maybe a few Gunner slots, a pilot, a navigator, etc... think 10v10 Warzone, but everyone takes a role on the ship instead and it's a "1v1" guild fight in space around the planet!

One thing I'd love to be able to do is have our guild ship swoop down to me wherever I am, pick me up and carry me into Orbit.

Stealth classes?

Transformer Classes? Think Druids, but they would be Robots that can switch from Tank/(M/R)DPS/Heal. This could be a genderless class.

Will the trinity be present? Tank/DPS/Heal? Or will there be more bland mono-classes like GW2? I personally enjoy tanking and the concept of having the trinity. Would suck to lose this. Simply make it where virtually all classes can tank/heal or dps to allow people flexibility but still provide those roles.

One Big World? Or are there tons of tiny "zones" or "rooms" like SW:TOR and Warhammer vs. WoW (LARGE MEGA ZONES) I really wish you could travel from one side of the planet to the other without a loading screen and return back to where you originally started. So it felt like a REAL planet and not just a room.

Custom Guild icons? Maybe like the WoW banners, but allow us to upload an image to be displayed on our Tabbard or whatever system there will be to indicate guild.

Will we be able to secure our in-game names by doing an early pre-purchase?

Probably enough for now... though I have tons of other ideas / questions. Moo!
    Bryce, Recruiter, Guide and 1 other person like this.
  17. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

This whole thread is a must for those going to have on hand while they are there, Id like lots more info about crafting as for me thats a big part of the game.
    1) Reverse engineering unwanted items
    2) recycling scrap materials (small quantities into larger lesser quality)
    3) complexity of recipies/schematics components of a bigger recipie etc
    4) scalable crafting system eg: casual crafting (easy) to complex
    5) Mass production options factories etc
    6) Cause everything crafted can be better than in game stat'd stuff (Cheeky I know lol)
    7) Especially lots of cosmetic/decorative items
    8) What happens with Eldan stuff, hmmm some element of random awesomeness when reworked ?
    9) How is the shop/trading/auction piece going to work ?
    10) Is it true that all traders get a free Wildstar hat when they reach cap ?
    Darkspur, Sarcan and Dyraele like this.
  18. SiegaPlays

About the wildstar account, do we get one unified login (id, password, authenticator) for both support tickets, official forums, account management and game login?

Just tried dealing with a game, that require you to register seperately with both forums and support, what a pain in the ant that is.
  19. Kahlan

Kahlan Guest

+ Will there be racials?
    + Will each race have an established city/encampment on Nexus? Or a singular city for each faction?
    + Will the default UI frames be customizable?
    + Will there be guild/earned tabards?
    + How will players travel between locations?
    + Have professions been decided? What are they?
    + In a recent Wildstar Wednesday, an alpha player suggested that players of the same class may want very different types of gear depending upon their chosen abilities. Will the game have armor types and then different itemization for different skill setups? Or will each class wear the same armor type and simply roll on the different itemization?
    + Will you allow character name changes, faction transfers, or server transfers?
    + What are the party sizes for dungeons? Raids?
    Aheadache likes this.
  20. thrastorm7

thrastorm7 Cupcake-About-Town

Hello,

Here we go....

- Do they plan to have an Armory-Like Feature?
    - Is it on plans to provide tools to monitor Guild's progress when it comes on PvE
    - Is Structured PvP going to be based on Ranking and/or Rating?
    - Is there going to be dueling
    - Each faction is going to have a main city? (such as Stormwing and Ogrimmar), If yes, is it going to be one only?
    - How many players will consist a Raid for a raiding Dungeon
    - Are there going to be more than one difficulties for the same dungeon (i hope not)
    - Are there going to be different sizes when it comes to players for a raiding dungeon (again i hope not)

Thank you in advance
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.