1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Armor Diversity and Skill Trees

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by LeFrag, May 10, 2013.

?

What would you guys like to see MOST?

1. Gem Socketing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Item Enchantments

2.4%
  3. Skill Trees

12.2%
  4. Wide variety of spells

7.3%
  5. Hundreds of armor sets

12.2%
  6. All of the above

65.9%
  1. LeFrag

LeFrag Cupcake

I know NCsoft created GW2 and did a good job on the content. I've been curious to know if there will be a huge diversity of armor sets and pieces like in wow where there is tons of different models and sets and thousands of different items. Instead of it being like GW2 and being the same boring look the whole game unless you get the higher level armors. I'm just hoping that you can look significantly different from others than looking the same. Any responses would be great!

Another thing I want to figure out is if there will be any skill trees (DPS/Tank/Healer specific etc.) and spell diversity? Hoping that there wont be the same 5 spells like in gw2 and you have many combinations to choose from. You can look up guides for good rotations or combos of spells to make it your own thing instead of being the same as everyone else.
    Will there be any procable spells? Also with the customization thing will there be any gem sockets for armor and enchantments to improve and get stronger. And what will the currency be like.
    I'm attached to the game as is, but knowing that all these things will be in the game also will make me love it even more! I hope they see this thread and consider it.
  2. LeFrag

LeFrag Cupcake

bump please feedback and discuss!
  3. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Item Enchantments / Gem Socketing - these are the same thing. It's already been confirmed.

Skill trees - please no, no need for it.

Wide variety of spells - yes, yes. yes. more yes. The best thing is customizing your load out with something different to other people. You'll have to swap it around for different fights, swap it for different gear, swap it for different roles.

Hundreds of armor sets - already confirmed. They have to have armor for progression looking different anyway, having vanity armor is good too.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I think you need to read other threads first because alot of questions are answered multiple times!
    Like with the spells!
    You can only use a certain amount of spells (LAS) but the spell pool out of which you can choose your spells is bigger then in GW. So you can come up with different combo's depending on your play-style etc. So you can go full dps or mayby a dps/cc hybrid build, or a sustain/cc build with your spells.

In another thread someone stated Carbine will most lickely have around 200+ different complete gear models, so like those complete sets as in T gear in WoW.
    And you can dye them! Making your colour unique!
    Also they have an ''costume'' tab, in which you can store different gear looks, so you can use those looks at a different time aswell.

Alot of the gear (most if not all) have secondary effects, which of some can procc. So i believe there will mayby be some spells that are able to procc aswell.

Coins! There are multiple screenshots showing the ''main'' currency, it consists out of 4 coins they look like Platinum > Gold > Silver > Copper and all seem to have a little sign on them (different form each other). The name for the currency isn't revealed yet! Mayby they give it some fancy name.

As of now they already have more costumisation options with your character (in the beginning) then in WoW, so i think it's save to assume they will keep that trend and shove it up with the gear models aswell. Making as many people as possible looking ''unique''.

The Wildstar way of doing that is THIS POST! and it's called Circuit board crafting.

I think all your ''questions'' got answered? Don't they :cool:
  5. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

The more armor variety the better. Gief me different-looking shinies to covet. I can spend hours browsing the broker or farming up a boss drop or whathaveyou to pull together countless outfits.
  6. LeFrag

LeFrag Cupcake

Will there be weapon diversity?
  7. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

8. ValleyD

ValleyD New Cupcake

9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

60 unique weapon models per class.
    6 class x 60 models = 360 weapon models + 200 complete gear models + dying options + character slides + different mounts + 4 paths + different titles + mayby more things
    = enough to make you happy :up:
  10. LeFrag

LeFrag Cupcake

thanks for the reply all, o you guys think theyll add skill trees?
  11. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Nope, with the limited action set system and the skills being modified by different stats, it's unnecessary. Not to mention I think I've seen them mention they won't have trees. But they will have a milestone system that they have yet to reveal.
  12. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

I don't really get the poll. I mean, those are some pretty unrelated selections: some are purely cosmetic (hundreds of armour sets), others are abilities and passives (spells, skill trees), others are crafting/mixmaxing like enchants and gems. None of which are mutually exclusive or an "either or" scenario, really. :confused:
  13. Syn

Syn Cupcake

I love having options in MMOs so I picked all of the above.
  14. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

Speaking of armor diversity, there is one thing I would love to have, but many games fail to deliver that. Faction/NPC armor.
    Every now and then I would see some NPC armor that was really cool, like the GW2 vigil armor. I was playing a vigil warrior and was really getting into the faction stuff, and having a great time. But was there a vendor to buy armor to make me look like a vigil member? Nope. That made me kind of feel like I didn't actually "belong" to the faction despite joining it, like I was just some generic hero who is apart from it all.
    To their credit, they had cultural armor, so you could look like some of the NPCs, but I would really like to see the concept expanded, so that you can really show your favorite faction affiliation. This would also be a tremendous thing for RP purposes, by the way. And since the assets are already made, hopefully not TOO big of an issue to convert them into something a player can wear.
    BlindSear likes this.
  15. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

ArenaNet created GW2, NCSoft is the publisher, they may have a toe in things like this from time to time, but I think they are usually pretty hands off with stuff like this.

All of those are equally as attractive in a lot of ways and while I think item / skill / power design should be complex .. there is a tendency these days to throw too many different systems at the issue creating more confusion than anything else. It should be deep and customize able but I would rather see 1 or 2 systems really well done than 12 systems that are just kinda ... there the way inscription has largely gone in wow for example.

It's a little much in wow at this point. Enchant, Gems, Reforge, Upgrade ..

I wouldn't mind a bunch of systems but make them mutually exclusive so if you are gemming it you cant enchant it, for example. You can mod it but not reforge it ... something like that.
    Kataryna likes this.
  16. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

I hope and pray, the Wildstar will not follow GW2 route. As fun as the leveling process in GW2 was, looting exactly the same looking items for x amount of levels straight, drove me mad. So you think you got an awesome green, wonder how it looks like...wait...nvm :(

I like armor sets, but I also like funky pieces that don't necessarily fit with anything in particular, but are just cool.
  17. LeFrag

LeFrag Cupcake

There should be unlimited customization options in a BIG mmo like this. it just makes the game that much more fun. Some people dont want skill trees or enchanting because they never fully understood it or they were just too lazy to play with it. It would be nice if you had skill trees for specific weapons and spells ..so if you were a core stealth class, you could use daggers or dual wield swords or axes..each playing their own role in which skill set they use. And weapon specific spells too...that's what made lots of mmo's fun for me. It keeps the same combat style, but changes it up to your liking.
  18. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

first off, as Azmundai stated above, ArenaNet Developed GW2, not NCSoft. Just as Carbine are developing Wildstar, not NCSoft. NCSoft is just the publisher of these two games, they don't have much say in itemization.

That said, as others have said above, there's 200+ gear sets so far in the game and 50-60 weapon skins per weapon type(one weapon type per class). They have customization of gear in terms of being able to dye your gear as well. There's also customization of gear from the Circuit Board Crafting.

There is a limited action set (7 class abilities, a path ability, an innate class ability - ie stealth for stalkers) you pick and choose from lots of abilities as to what you want to use at any given moment and switch the loadouts as you like (so long as you're out of combat, and not in PvP arena/battleground).
  19. LeFrag

LeFrag Cupcake

I dislike the idea of a limited action set. To work around to that I suggested a different skill set/weapon type per specialization. Would keep the concept, but make it more fun to play with in the long run.
  20. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

well, there's only one weapon type per class (this is covered in plenty of other topics as to the reason...don't make me get into it again here...) the LAS is actually kinda smart (in my opinion) - it makes people choose what they think will be best for a given situation. so you can choose to build your char more tanky, or more CC/buff oriented, or more DPS oriented, or more healing oriented. that's the whole concept of the LAS here - forcing people to specialize.

also, like I've told others - don't knock it until you try it for yourself and see if it'll work for you. from what others have said that have played the game - it works.

edit: oh also, i believe that you won't be able to pick up all the spells for your class at the same time. you gotta pick and choose before you pick and choose.
    LeFrag likes this.