1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Art by Artificer: Wildstar inspired Concept Art

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Artificer, Oct 10, 2013.

1. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I will laugh my ass off if the flight armour involves wings, a blowtorch positioned near their behind, a feedbag filled with "Rocket Feed" on the front, and auxiliary boosters for control and turning.
    Ianpact and Artificer like this.
  2. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Ouch if those are mounts. I mean think about it, would you like to do an overnight ride with razor sharp spikes pointing in your butt?
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

...Yes.
    Ianpact and ruff_ethereal like this.
  4. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Somehow I knew that you'd say that you dirty old goose you.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Now I am a goose?

...Honk honk.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  6. Artificer

Artificer Cupcake-About-Town

Well, aren't Chua HOT MESS! This is still a WIP and needs to be cleaned up but I wanted to post it so bad! So here it is ;) This is what happens when the Chua get bored or run out of things to experiment on...

[​IMG]
    Revon, Ianpact, Dysp and 3 others like this.
  7. Artificer

Excellent idea! I think I may have to serve up some of that. ;) Possibly mounted weapons on their backs..I dunno, we'll see what happens folks.
    Ianpact likes this.
  8. Artificer

Oh my goodness, if I could draw as fast as you could think....A blowtorch hahahaha!
  9. ruff_ethereal

I like how there's cheese inside the fluid tanks. Even a giant, mutated monster needs to eat, yeah?

I love comical faces on armour and deadly equipment. It really adds a lot of fun and personality to murder. Bonus points for the left arm having a "D:" face, my third favourite to the regular smiley face and the imp grin.

I just noticed that the shoulder plate also looks like a face. It's a very interesting design I'd love to see more of.

Is that a bomb on his arm? Ah well, you it can't be Chua unless in vaporizes and/or blows something up...

Nice work with the cybernetic implants on the face. I love me some robotic eyes and eye pieces.

I like beasts with their teeth exposed and tongues lolling out. It reminds me of dogs, and gives them an amusing but still extremely dangerous feel.
  10. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

What a radical rat! :p I'm really liking all of your concepts. That cheese in the tanks is indeed a nice touch. If we actually had the option to play a class like that raging Chua, I would definitely play it. It'd be cool to have a class that actually changed the shape and dynamic of the selected race. I'm really liking the colors and rampaging pose, particularly. Great job!
  11. Artificer

I know that things should be getting more and more epic....unfortunately this time it didn't...so I will post a small quick one I did. Just a random bird creature you might see roaming the plains of Nexus. Stay tuned though, I did a few sketches at work today, and there is one in particular I really want to color. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    Mondasin, kaimarshall, Revon and 2 others like this.
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Lol it's a sharkstrich!!!
    Ianpact and Artificer like this.
  13. Artificer

Is this concept close to something in the game? Howz about some feedback from one of the officials!
  14. ruff_ethereal

Everyone needs a break from epic every once in a while. Too many and you overdose, and no one wants that. A few interesting designs, and less epic but no less interesting things in-between is a win-win situation for the artist and the audience.

Anyway, very interesting bird you got there. I like the feeling of a Chocobo I get from it, the liberal use of pinks is a plus point for me, and the fuzzy tail, armoured horn head, reptilian face, and neck ridges have me fascinated. I'm no biologist, but I always love learning about how a creature uses its physiology, or what caused the evolution.
    Ianpact likes this.
  15. Artificer

Thanks for the feedback R.E. I hope to have another one up by this afternoon. Got my cup of coffee, Photoshop and Tablet and I aint gotta work til 3pm! Boo yah!
  16. Kiyo

Kiyo Cupcake

I'd ride that birdie to victory.
    Malifykai and ruff_ethereal like this.
  17. Artificer

Oh yeah! Gotta tame it first though. ;)
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Pokemon battle, go!!
  19. sailKite

sailKite New Cupcake

All of the iridescing pink creatures (and bosses!) are making me want to see some sort of carcinogized bubblegum zone (subzone?) where all of the mutated lovelies come from. Yellow sky, cyan grass, orange-topaz flora, and roaming streaks of magenta to spot the landscape?

Of course, were such a zone to be made canon, I think it would be a great counterpart to the more Eldan-flavored areas in the game. Perhaps there was some form of mutagen that was either released or discovered in the particular region which the Eldan couldn't stop? Maybe that same mutagen, assuming it wasn't naturally occurring in the environment, could have been released due to an alchemical disaster? If the Eldan were not as accomplished alchemists as the Mordesh (even if only by a little bit), then perhaps the bubblegumcrazy could have been an earlier and failed attempt at Everlife Elixir: Eldan Edition? If in fact the Eldan were occupying the region, then perhaps the rampant alterations of the substance could have forced them to withdraw and blockade the zone? Now I really want to flesh this out more... :oops:

Big lorespike aside, this is really really inspiring artwork Artificer and the good people and personoids of WSC are behind you and staring overmuch intensely at your back 100%!
    Mondasin, Ianpact and ruff_ethereal like this.
  20. Artificer

Wow, that is some AWESOME environmental lore-craft! I cannot thank you enough for your support in my passionate quest to achieve a place in the industry where I can help the effort to better the games we all play. :inlove:

and with that special note....I lay down my next post.