1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Art by Artificer: Wildstar inspired Concept Art

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Artificer, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Artificer

Artificer Cupcake-About-Town

So here is just the sketch, although I am already well into the colour. I will share that with you very soon, but didn't want to spoil it just yet.

I also felt the need to share with my fellow artists or aspiring artists. Find inspiration, study and practice...repeat. It is such a great feeling to actually see yourself progress and develop. Every new piece I do, I can look back and say to myself..."This is my best piece yet". I encourage you all to just keep at it and again, thanks for sharing my joy of art and design! Cheers to a wonderful community.

[​IMG]
    kaimarshall, Siflay, Ianpact and 2 others like this.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Tippy toes!

Name her Twinkletoes.
    Artificer likes this.
  3. SisterSin

SisterSin Cupcake

You certainly create some fantastic work dude
    Artificer likes this.
  4. Xlugon Pyro

He should be my mentor.

Maybe I should take him hostage and force him to teach me all of his secrets...
    Artificer likes this.
  5. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

You're on a roll. I'm glad you went with a character as this looks great. You definitely captured that WildStar style. I'm really looking forward to more of your character pieces. :D
    Artificer likes this.
  6. Artificer

@Xlugon - She was kinda sorta meant to be floating...don't ask me why. lol This may nee dot be changed. Oh, and I will only mentor you if I can call you "Grasshoppa". :) Oh and you must first snatch this mountain dew can from my hand. Wait!.....I was not ready. ;)

@SisterSin - Thank you!!! :inlove:

@Dysp - Glad you can dig it! I'll post it with colour this weekend. Really feeling good about this one.
    Ianpact likes this.
  7. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Might want to consider posting them on the first page in a format that folks can "blow up" at will just to make it easier to scroll though or perhaps use "spoiler" tags.

Just a thought, I'll be checking back for the awesome art either way. ;)
  8. Xlugon Pyro

How is she floating!?

I don't care about those other things, so sure. Either way I will enlist your knowledge for my purposes one way or another.
  9. Artificer

Oh I dunno..I guess I was just in a low-grav mind state while drawing her. I'm gonna fix it. :)
  10. Artificer

I did start posting them in the front, but at full size. Do you recommend doing something different? Like having mini pics as links to the actual sized pictures once clicked on? Please don't make me use my left brain!
  11. sailKite

sailKite New Cupcake

Mayhap the blade of her sword and some of the nodules on her armor are made using that lovely blue Algoroc crystal, Loftite? I'd be surprised if that stuff doesn't get used in weapons research, unless it's way too valuable to Protostar for making Skyplots, in which case it's probably monopolized. ^-^
    Tribe and Artificer like this.
  12. Artificer

Hmmmmmm now there's a thought! This may very well be implemented into the color scheme ;) Thanks SailKite!
  13. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Too much Loftite would inhibit combat and a Warrior would probably not want any on their weapon. But a very small amount on their armor would likely allow for a slow fall effect.

Slow death from above? Queue the elevator music.
    sailKite likes this.
  14. sailKite

sailKite New Cupcake

How about a composite materials approach? The article on Loftite, while helpful, doesn't provide specifics on what sort of effects a given size crystal of Loftite would have on its local environment, nor whether manipulation of the orientation and structure of its crystalline form has any impact on its properties (anisotropy). I think it would be fascinating if Loftite indeed does exhibit anisotropic properties, and even more so if its influences on gravity change with things such as curvature, in a manner similar to the concentration of electric fields at the ends of pointed objects (St. Elmo's fire). Thus, if it does exhibit properties like those mentioned, then perhaps it would be possible to apply Loftite to structures (like a sword blade) in a way similar to how cork can be applied to wood baseball bats: make the whole lighter so that a potentially cumbersome tool can be wielded with more precision and endurance.

In the particular instance of a sword, the flat and spine of the blade could be Loftite, while the edge, point, and grind of the blade could be a material more suitable to holding an edge and withstanding impact. Elsewise, one could laminate a Loftite core and tang with more durable materials, or the other way around.
    ruff_ethereal and Tribe like this.
  15. Artificer

Wow....intense you guys....but I like it! Keep the juices flowing ;)
  16. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

I think you should create a new thread on the potential uses of Loftite. You may want to enlist the aid of Infamouz.
    I think the topic would make for a fascinating read.
    Dysp and Artificer like this.
  17. Artificer

Agreed. I think all the aspiring scientists would truly enjoy it.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

It would be a loregasm of epic proportions.
  19. SisterSin

SisterSin Cupcake

Dude may I use that sketch for a mini sculpture? I was planning to wait but frankly that cassian is simply too gorgeous to resist
  20. Artificer

Absolutely SisterSin, just give me a shout out if you show it anywhere, I would greatly appreciate it, and I am truly honored. I am almost ready to post my colored version. I cannot wait...