1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

aurin mind control!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!, Jan 12, 2014.

1. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

I've noticed that on the dominion arkship the first quest is to go through a scanner to check if your a traitor or spy well one of the questions is: "do you like communing with nature?" if you answer no then it says " subject test negative for aurin influence" that makes me speculate that the aurin can use mind control using their mysterious connection to the "weave" which i think is awesome:p ! what do y'all think?:D
  2. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Dominion politics strikes me as being very biased. Of course they have to be. They're an evil empire out to destroy the civilization of others and burn their trees to the ground and sell them as slaves to the chua!

I mean....uhm...Dominion bad.

Seriously, the arkship video is kind of neat about the perceptions the Dominion media has on the Exiles. It's how the general civilian population are shown the Exiles. Mordesh are zombies breaking out of the ground for example. Having second thoughts about Dominion policy? You obviously must be under the influence of Aurin treehuggers and must be purged!

It would really be nice to know more about the Aurin's concept of the Weave. Along with the Granok "Way of Stone". I guess we will have to wait close to launch to learn anything.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I love all kind of in-game religions/way of life etc.

My list of which I want to know the most of, is:
    1. Vigilant Churge
    2. The Weave
    3. Way of the stone
    4. Covenant of Blood

And ofcourse I wonder if the Chua have elivated their scientific ways to a religion :D don't think so but it would be awesome though!
  4. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

yeah i would love to know more
  5. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

What happens if you say yes?

Would be hilarious if it deleted the character and you had to actually make another. :roflamo:
  6. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

thats what i was thinking :roflamo:
  7. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

I've seen in one stream that if for example you say "yes" to "do you crave to eat brains?" you are just getting proscribed vitamins to supplement your nutritional intake and then allowed to go free. :D
  8. Domi Dayglow

Somehow I can't see the Chua as being particularly religious. Generally, religions involves the belief in someone or something that's inherently better or more powerful than the believer. Chua would probably find that silly and go back to making weapons of mass destruction. They may pay lip service to the Vigilant Church, but only because that service increases the chances for the Dominion to fund their labs.

Likewise, I can't see the Mordesh having much of a religion as well. Except maybe science. I can kind of imagine a Mordesh and a Chua sitting around complaining to each other about how everyone else in their faction worships trees, rocks, skulls and blood, or the Eldan and Luminari/Scions.

That would be great! Some giant Chua-invented ray gun pops out of the wall and PEW! PEW! The character explodes in chunky chunks! Splat! Burnt fur smell of exploded chua all over the Dominion Arkship! Whee!

I mean...uhm. Yes, it would be funny. Though likely annoying for first time players. A little electric shock from answering wrong should be enough.

...but it would be so neat to see the chua explodes!
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Also note that the last part ''Science is religion'' it taken from several Chua in-game!!!

Mayby they believe in becomming 1 with machines eventually?

It's not like it hasn't been done before:
    Edit:
    Taken from Warhammer 40k btw
  10. Domi Dayglow

Hm...I could see the chua worshipping something like the all powerful atom bomb when their race first invented atomic fission.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

That's the Chua spirit!!! :up:
  12. Domi Dayglow

Yes. The chua would strap themselves to their nuclear rockets and launch them into space in order to be closer to their god. Totally see a chua doing that. Uh-huh!

Meanwhile the Mechari are standing around asking themselves, "Why did we want to recruit these furballs again?"
    Ianpact likes this.