1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Aurins

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by SiegaPlays, Aug 10, 2012.

?

How do the presence of aurins ("bunny girls") effect how you look at WildStar?

1. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

19.6%
  2. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

30.4%
  3. I am male, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.8%
  4. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

8.5%
  5. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

13.9%
  6. I am female, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.0%
  7. Race options that I would not pick myself is ok, as long as there is other options.

23.0%
  8. Some races I will simply not accept, if the game has then, I am out.

0.6%
  9. I am undecided.

4.3%
  10. I plan on playing every single race in WildStar eventually

24.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Leo Panthera

Leo Panthera New Cupcake

No no no !
    Lion tails, cause I just fricking love Lions.
    I think you guessed with my avatar...
    Izukar likes this.
  2. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I've been wondering about that as well (especially when I started working on drawing my Aurin), but I've never seen any other types of tails. I'm guessing there is only one type of tail, but I could be wrong...!

I'd be interested in seeing a fox tail or a prehensile tail like a monkey.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 is a jeroba, which would be really cute. #2 is a spider monkey tail, which would be unique to see, since that would means some Aurin could hang upside down and use their tails like hands.
  3. Immaculata

Immaculata Cupcake

Yes, more stole love! Remember little Aurins, eat right and brush your tails regularly!! - Ms M
  4. Jetscookie

Jetscookie New Cupcake

"That's a common worry with MMOs... you have various build options for male characters, but all the female characters are bouncy boob machines." Well, not really, a very good example is Guild Wars 2. You have the female Charr, which is a feline type of tribal race and they have no boobs what so ever. Another race they didn't make a "bouncy boob machine" is the Asuras, which have no boobs, again. Also the sylvari have pretty small ones. Guild Wars 2 made the correct decision for the female races. I do agree though, they do make alot of female races, as you put it... "bouncy boob machines" xD xD xD!!!!
  5. Orcbum

Orcbum New Cupcake

People write Aurins off because it's an anthropomorphic race that Carbine decided to cop out by giving them distinctly humanoid features. Worgens, Pandarens, Khajiits, Argonians, Charrs, etc, genuinely feel like bipedal animals, rather than short humans with cosplay ears/tails.

It doesn't help that they're so similar to Elins from Tera, if only a tad less pedo.

My opinion of them will be decided by their armor graphics. They have the potential to be incredibly cool, but if they're in a constant state of undress, or if the armor emphasizes their A-cup boobs (Tera, I'm looking at you again), then they won't be taken seriously.

From the screen shots I've seen, they look great! But I'm hoping the end game armor will look just as practical as the starting armors, just you know, a lot cooler.
  6. Grelin

Grelin Cupcake

I'm definitely going to play a male Aurin at one point or another, the main thing for me though is the classes that they will get by the end of all this <REDACTED>

I've never really been for or against bunny peepz, but I must admit that I like the Draken a lot more. Don't know what it is about these animal races that screams "Awesome"
  7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

I could be wrong, but it seem like a lore thing to me, that all the Aurin have longish hair. It seem to be a cultural thing.
  8. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I've been relatively set on playing a Draken, but more and more I'm really gettin into the whole Aurin Jazz...
    I just want to know what options we are looking at for them-
    Skin/fur color
    Hair styles
    Tail styles
    Eye styles
    Etc., etc...
  9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Since I'm following Aurin quite a bit myself, I can try answering that with what I know at least:

Skin color: While there seem to be quite a lot with "regular" skin colors as you might see on a human, it's also possible to have at least green and blue skin, possibly more colors. So it seem like it can range from the more "human like", to the more exotic.

Hair styles: That one is a bit harder, but from what we've seen, they tend to be long, both for male and female. Several of them seem to be rather untamed, and there are flowers involved, at least on females, I believe on some male hairstyles too.
    As for color, bright colors seem to be common, purple, green, red and blue have all been spotted, but so has a more "blonde" yellowish color, as well as white.

Tail styles: We've only seen long tails so far, and I don't think there are any more. However, one of the videos showed us a male Aurin with stripes on his tail, as well as tails with or without the tip a different color than the rest of the tail, so my guess is we'll have some options there, though it may be tied to haircolor?

Eye styles: From Arkship, my main impression was "large" :D They seem to have large, expressive eyes, though it's one of those things that are hard to really say until we get access to character creation.
    ruff_ethereal and ImmortalExile like this.
  10. ImmortalExile

Thanks, Ender! I need character creator... NOW!
    I'm curious about the tails being striped and a different tip color. I missed that!
    When it comes to the eyes, I was more or less curious if we'd have options like "cat" eyes, or snake eyes, etc.

When I think of making my Aurin (who will be male) I want to make a rowdy, unkempt, savage looking dude. When it comes to role-playing one I could easily see myself playing the "rage against the machine" type of character who is more than ready to kill to ensure another planet isn't destroyed by the "man". ;)

In any case... Such a toss up. Aurin... Or drunkard human "bard" type...
  11. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Hehe, sounds fun.

A few more things that I forgot to add!

Aurin males are smaller than females.

Ears are not all ears, some of them are more wing shaped. They also have only one set of ears, there are no "human ears" under the hair.

They appear to be roughly a head shorter than humans, give or take. Enough that it's noticeable, but not so much that they look like "dwarves" or something like that.

Anyway, don't know if it's relevant, but thought it might be nice with some more details :)
  12. ImmortalExile

Hmm, now when you say a head or so shorter than humans, do you mean FEMALE Aurin are a head shorter, so males would be two-three heads shorter than humans?

Thanks for all the info!
  13. ImmortalExile

Do we know anything on Aurin names? Do they take inspiration from earthly flowers? Myala Everstar is the queen, but do we know any other Aurin names?
  14. Leo Panthera

Leo Panthera New Cupcake

Then, I hope you're wrong ! No offence !
  15. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

We know Liara (the Aurin on the background of this forum), but I think that's about it.
  16. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Male Aurin aren't THAT much smaller, we're not talking a head or anything. Just a few inches or something :)

And regarding names, first names seem mostly based on a specific type of "sound", while surnames seem to generally be two words, nature based, such as Everstar, Redleaf, etc. My Aurin is named Trillspring for instance.

None taken! As I said, it's just my general "suspicion". Though I'm sure that no matter what, we'll see some variation, at least some of the female styles are more like, ear level or something.
    Such as this one, though that one seem to have a longer part at the back:

[​IMG]

Though I gotta admit, I'd be fairly surprised to see an Aurin buzz-cut ^^
  17. Lunacat

Lunacat Cupcake

I
    I'm pretty sure the name Lunacat is a very respected name in the Aurin community :whistling:
  18. Roger Nilsson

Roger Nilsson New Cupcake

Too bad you can't be an Aurin warrior :(
  19. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

An Aurin is not a race I would pick personally. I’m so relieved Aurin’s are Exiles. I find Aurin’s to be weak and inferior. No wonder why, The Dominion ravaged their Home World. Female players wanting to play a female Aurin that is ok because I am still in love with Jessica Rabbit, Did you see the rack on that old brawd? Male players wanting to play a male or female Aurin because their cute that’s a NO GO.
  20. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

See, the aurin are the ONLY race to pick. Selecting anything else is wrong and is an act against everything that is moral and just. It is a direct violation of nature.

The Dominion should do well to remember their inferior, heretic stance in the galaxy. They shall be purged from existence soon enough.
    ruff_ethereal and Jarinolde like this.