1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Aurins

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by SiegaPlays, Aug 10, 2012.

?

How do the presence of aurins ("bunny girls") effect how you look at WildStar?

1. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

19.6%
  2. I am male, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

30.4%
  3. I am male, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.8%
  4. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (bunny).

8.5%
  5. I am female, and I want to play Aurin (other animal presence).

13.9%
  6. I am female, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game.

2.0%
  7. Race options that I would not pick myself is ok, as long as there is other options.

23.0%
  8. Some races I will simply not accept, if the game has then, I am out.

0.6%
  9. I am undecided.

4.3%
  10. I plan on playing every single race in WildStar eventually

24.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

I don't want to play one because they're cute. I want to play one because I'm pissed off at the Dominion for ripping my planet to pieces. I'm more than happy to admit that I admire races like the Aurin for their belief system and ideology. I can sympathize with them much more than I can say a Granok or a Mechari.
  2. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

Xlugon didn't I tell you to RUN? Your making this too easy. Please don’t be offended this is just my opinion. Aurin’s are a small feminine race, Nuff said. Now run please. 5…4...3..2..
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Feminine isn't really an insult. Also, I don't consider a race with small mammalian features as feminine.

You'd be best to run yourself. I think you've grossly underestimated the conflict you've created for yourself.
  4. Bomoo

Bomoo Cupcake

I'm a 100% straight male who likes cute animals and will be rolling a cuddly Aurin (or Chua) at the first opportunity.
  5. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

Kethrym, with all due respect, Aurin’s should have never aided the rebels, plus the dominion needed your plants resources to produce weapons of mass destruction for more challenging resistance. Arboria was an easy target.

Xlugon, Sorry! I am not a Monster. But you should have told me in the first place. *cease fire, call off the WarHounds* Let the women and children go. Xlugon your free to go.
  6. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

On there exactly is why the Dominion deserves to be destroyed. All we did was help a few refugees, and what do we get? Invaded.
  7. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

And I bet you drink your martini with your pinkie up also huh Bomoo. To each his own bro.
  8. iLemonDemon

iLemonDemon New Cupcake

Absolutely lovin' em.
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  9. Bomoo

Bomoo Cupcake

Wine straight from the bottle, brah.
    Leiloni and Joukehainen like this.
  10. Rarlian

Rarlian New Cupcake

Guy here. I'm going to play a female Aurin Esper as a healer. :)
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  11. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

I am a female. I will be playing a non-bunny Aurin. And the presence of Bunny Aurin does upset me and turn me off of the game a bit.

Not because of the obvious connection to Playboy Bunnies or the slightly derogatory nature of the use of Beach or Snow Bunnies. But because I have a case of Leporiphobia.

No, there was no childhood trauma tied to my fear of rabbits. I didn't get attacked by the Easter Bunny. I've just always had a recurring nightmare about rabbits killing me and a resultant fear of the fuzzbags.

Hasenpfeffer. Good eats.

-Rachel-
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  12. purplestreak

purplestreak New Cupcake

I'm female and likely playing an Aurin too, but not necessarily a bunny. Really have to see the other Aurin types before I decide on that. I may even consider a human for an alt or something.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

It all depends on the ears for me. Still playing an aurin, but the ears will tell what "kind" of aurin I will play. MY TRUE FORM HAS YET TO BE DISCLOSED!
  14. Hallow

Hallow New Cupcake

Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  15. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Oh hey there Aurin thread! I am sorry for some of these Dominion lonk-heads that are causing trouble in your thread, I know what that is like D: Anway I wanted to say that I think the Aurin are really neat and I definitely plan on making at least one. I love the way that their animations are shaping up (really fun and bouncy looking) and their houses are so cute.

If you are a guy I wouldn't worry one bit about the Aurin making you seem effeminate, I'd say it is actually a good sign that you are able to express yourself outside of a typical "grr I am a strong masculine manly man I and I can't allow myself to be seen as anything other than that otherwise people might think that I am not nearly as manly as I think I am!" or something like that. Also the male aurin look really cool, and I love that the Aurin have the reverse sexual dimorphism thing going on, makes them pretty "unique" which is tough to pull off these days.

Anyway just wanted to stop by and say hi, being nice and neighborly since this is the "other" big active thread on this sub-forum. You guys have a nice friendly place here and I am really looking forward to seeing how the Aurin turn out as we get closer to launch.

- Jynetik

oh and I drew you guys a picture, it's an "aurin".
    [​IMG]
  16. Xlugon Pyro

Lulz. MAJOR TROLL INFILTRATION!!!!

Draken just so happen to be my close second in favorite races. :) BUT I JUST LOVE MY AURIN :inlove:

I'm actually going to be playing a lady so I don't need to worry about this "macho" nonsense anyway. :p
  17. Hallow

Hallow New Cupcake

Aurin Stalker scientist here. toss up between male and female atm.
  18. Bomoo

Bomoo Cupcake

Leiloni likes this.
  19. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

I did not notice that aurin males are effeminate, so I'm confused with all the debate about it.:confused:

I wonder, what do you think how oppressive Aurin matriarchy is?
  20. Sera Serenity

Sera Serenity Cupcake-About-Town

I do agree with you that the representation of women in MMO can be degrading, but not all..

Regarding the "Bunny Aurin" and the question "I am female, and the presence of bunny people partially turns me off the game." I didn't select this option because as-is the concept in it's self is fine to me, but if the portrayal goes for the overtly sensualised then that would but me right off, but so far from what I have seen that the Toons look great....