1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Average guild age, and what you prefer?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Nemeses, Jun 12, 2013.

?

Your guilds average age Group

1. 12 to 18

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. 18 - 25

16 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. 18 - 35

41 vote(s)
    38.0%
  4. 18 to any age (lots of 40+)

25 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Any age we dont care as long as you fit

24 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

So what the average age of the players in your guild do you like us have a strict minimum age (no under 18) or do you not mind as long as the player is mature (and yes lest 50% of the under I have met grouped with have being very mature ...:cautious: and better at the game than me :mad: )
    Venom likes this.
  2. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I was lucky enough to be taken in by and 18+ guild when I was about 14, so I know not to discount players due to their age, but you do have to get a good "feel" for those cases of under-age players, especially regarding language/attitude etc.

At the moment I'd say most of the players we tend to get are 19-25, but there's been 50+ year olds and 15 year old's who've been just as valuable as any other player!
    Alverad likes this.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well i always look at people with this in mind:
    [​IMG]

I've met really young people who were more mature then some of the older peeps in the guilds :p
    Although it doesn't define it, it can help a bit and makes for a good excuse if someone isn't mature yet :D

Normally i'm in a 18/21+ guild (been in it myself since i was 16) but sometimes there are younger people in it, that have proven themselves.
    I rather look at their raid performances then their age :up: If they can do raids at a, for the guild, normal level then they ar welcomed by me.
  4. Ico

I think a lot of people define maturity differently, I joined a "mature" guild where mature meant no joking around. I like to define it as to how people handle conflicts/no getting items etc, there's fun to be had with an "immature" sense of humor! :p
  5. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

We've got around 16-25 yr olds in our group.

We have 1 or 2 older. Our style doesn't usually suit older people...
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I agree, a bit of immature humor is always nice to have inside the guild. But i've seen plenty of 21+ people getting angry and not being able to deal with somethings in an immature way.

And then when you see a 15 yo boy say ''oke he can have it then'' to a 24 yo guy.....you should just feel ashamed, thanks God the GM said ''no you keep it''.
    Ico likes this.
  7. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

What people should not forget is that its your game to be played with WHO you want.
    Venom likes this.
  8. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

We have a minimum age requirement of 18, but we also state very clearly we do consider applications on indvidual bases. Despite the barrier, over the last 7 years, we've had a number of 14 year olds join us, most of them still hanging around, now all grown up :D

Once your guild establishes a certain reputation in game, it's easy to get 'flooded' with random apps. Most young people hearing about the requirement will turn away, some will turn rude (we've hear a litany of swears on more then one occasions because of that), but then, there are some, that will make a compelling argument, take the time to fill out the app and present it. And when they do, they get a chance to get involved in the community. It's then up to them to decide, whether they fit in, like it, or not.
  9. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

I've never had an artificial age limit imposed, only a tolerance check. Rule number 1: Wheaton's Law. Don't be a dick.
    Mimsy likes this.
  10. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

We naturally attract people that are 20+
  11. Classix

Classix Cupcake

Preffer people about my age or higher seeing as I can relate more to them myself.

Don't really mind mature teenagers either, like the wadup goat. They can stay.
  12. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

We recruit 18+. Our average age is 27 at the moment.
  13. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

I would have liked to see a choice where 21 was the minimum, not 18. I'm 28 myself and just don't really relate to college kid mentality anymore. I'd rather have a discussion about what types of craft beer are the tastiest over what would be the best ways to drink it abusively, for example. Or at least discuss the days before the internet...
    tubthumper likes this.
  14. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

To be honest i rarely look at tge age field on applications. Due to the nature of our application process we tend to end up with players well above 18 ... Although i know a few people who are able to step up and handle my "demanding" raid style who are under 18. Its all your attitude and how you fit for us.
  15. Ico

Ever tried Hobgoblin?

But also I can see where you're coming from (only 22 myself though), however the great thing about humans is we're so diverse that if you look hard enough you'll find a community with the same values as yourself! :)
  16. Compella

Compella Cupcake

You can have a look through the member tab on this site and from that I would say the average age is 26-27. My guild's average will be about the same.
  17. celestria

celestria Cupcake

Yeah, where is the 22+ vote option?
  18. Lids

Lids Cupcake

I see age in a similar way I see standardized examinations, they are the wrong way to be doing things as everyone is different and judging them on the same criteria is more than often wrong. I have know many players at the age of 15 and under who can hold a mature conversation with a whole raid of people and learn from criticism, but I have known even more players older than 25 whom can't help but to make an inappropriate immature comment at every single thing they can and are instant in firing back low-blows at anyone that offers any criticism at all.
  19. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

We pref 18+ for several reasons:
    No mom or dad yelling at you for not bringing out the garbage, asking you to come to dinner, or upset with you during a raid/pvp session.
    If you can't sort out your RL responsibilities and have some basic time management... it is not my problem. It will be yours when you are benched and replaced :p
    Maturity RL scalability. Most (MOST) people are a bit more mature over the age of 18.

However I've recruited 15-16 year old gamers who were able to game accordingly. In SVG we have a 16? year old who is one of the TF2 Spys you've ever not seen and Beetle took a chance on him in GW2.

It's relative. It is why we have a tiered application process. Application, tiered interview, review, recruit status. Final review. :)
  20. Mesmir

Mesmir Cupcake

I'm ok with any age actually aslong as they can behave themselves and dont whine ^_^.
    and they need to love lollypops though..