1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

NA Avid - Hardcore Raiding - Aiming for #1

Discussion in 'Dominion Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by Defiant, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Defiant

Defiant New Cupcake

[​IMG]
    Class Balance As Of May 1st, 2014
    [​IMG]

Looking to fill our last few spots with talented players that are HUMBLE, HUNGRY AND SMART.​

Who is Avid?
    We are a tightly knit group of gamers stemming from various raid oriented MMOs. Our core members partook in high-end raiding progression in EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WoW, and Rift. You can find ex-members of guilds such as Divinus, Legacy Of Steel, Malice, Blood Legion, Team Ice, Nightmare's Asylum, Curse, and Maximation within our ranks. Raiding is the catalyst that brought us together, but we also take pride in the community that we've formed over the last 7 years.

What do we want to do?
    Compete for the #1 position. We are looking to world first content. We will raid appropriately to achieve that goal. There hasn't been a game in a while that got us this excited, a game that warranted this type of an approach. We believe that Wildstar and the return of 40 man raids will bring back a bit of competitive raiding that has been missing in newer games.

What are we looking for?
    Experience, attitude, and dedication. Hardcore high-end raiding experience in other MMOs is an absolute necessity if you are looking to raid with us. We need to share the same goals. You need that desire to be #1.

Details
    Raid Schedule
    Sunday: 8pm - 12am EST
    Monday: 8pm - 12am EST
    Tuesday: 8pm - 12am EST
    Wednesday: 8pm - 12am EST
    Thursday: 8pm - 12am EST
    Friday: off during farm
    Saturday: off during farm

During the initial progression content of a new tier of raids, expect to start earlier and end later then the listed times.

Loot
    DKP/Merit Hybrid

We have an appreciation for both DKP and Loot Council. Both have benefits and shortcomings. However, given the 40 man nature of Wildstar, we feel as though DKP is the fairest approach. Certain exceptions will be made to merit gear depending on guild needs for progression.

Attendance
    We are going to require a minimum of 75% attendance. Most of our members have maintained 95%+ attendance across their past games. You should too!

If you think you have what it takes, visit http://www.teamavid.com and fill out an application! Be thorough!

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. Defiant

Defiant New Cupcake

Some of our past and present accomplishments ranging from 2007-2014​
    Avid Vs. Turn 4 : FF14 ARR
    [​IMG]
    Team Avid was originally formed early in the release of Vanguard Saga Of Heroes. Many of us have been playing together since EQ1 and over the past 10 years have since dabbled in almost every MMO on the market. While playing Vanguard under the name <Divinus>, Team Avid was one of the top guilds in progression receiving world first's with its kill of Magicborn Abomination and completing all of Ancient Port Warehouse. Likewise, we were the first guild world wide to complete our guild hall and proudly claimed multiple best of the best competition winners as our own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sadly a lack of developer support forced us to seek a new home. With the hype of the release of Age of Conan we then moved our guild to the Dagoth server of AoC. Within one month we had obtained max level and defeated all raid content available to us. This left us questioning the integrity of future end-game content in AoC. Many of our guildies were prior EQ2 players and a decision was made by our core membership to move to the Mistmoore server of EQ2.

[​IMG]
    Many said that a new guild to EQ2 could not compete with the current top tier raiding guilds , we soon proved the critics wrong. We started in September, by December we were already raiding end game content and by March killing mobs that only a handful of guilds on the server were capable of taking down.

[​IMG]
    Once it was discovered EQ2 was slated to move to Free 2 Play, we started looking for a new home. Rift seemed like a promising option and our guild was accepted into the closed beta testing. During our time in Rift we were a top 10 progression raiding guild with a multitude of server first accomplishments and kills including the World 6th (US 3rd) kill of King Molinar pre-nerf.

[​IMG]
    Since Rift, we have ventured into various games in search of a new home. Tera, FF14 ARR, you name it - we have played it.

[​IMG]

Recently, a chapter of Avid decided to venture into WoW. In less than 4 months our WoW Chapter was able to clear all current end game content.

[​IMG]

Think you have what it takes? Apply to become a part of the Avid community today.
  3. Egobraln

Egobraln New Cupcake

What is Wildstar?
  4. Auedar

Auedar New Cupcake

Looking forward to theorycrafting in this game.
  5. valk

valk New Cupcake

Well hello there wildstar central....we meet again!
  6. Auedar

Auedar New Cupcake

I hate it when I have to focus on school versus theorycrafting....
  7. Auedar

Auedar New Cupcake

Wewt! Just got done with my test and I can now work on figuring out what the <REDACTED> is wrong with my gaming computer...
  8. valk

valk New Cupcake

I am now taking time away from my busy life of doing nothing at work to post in this, what most will eventually call, an epic thread. Now in order to better serve this community, I will now refer to AVID as the HWHC. Let's discuss this further on the next episode.
  9. joshavid

joshavid New Cupcake

Avid nice for starting out, massive rush by us to level and get to raiding as fast as possible.
    So if your great and want to roll late game early, come with us.
    also
    Never use your same password on a fan forums, for your real video game accounts
    i seen many fansites get hacked over my life time,and then they use that same info for game login.
    protect your account wildstar central users
  10. Auedar

Auedar New Cupcake

Getting pumped for launch! Hopefully I can set aside more than a week at launch.
  11. joshavid

joshavid New Cupcake

Max vacation time!
  12. Auedar

Auedar New Cupcake

It's called I'm still a poor ass college student who needs the summer semester off:p
  13. Defiant

Defiant New Cupcake

Auedar, I feel like you have been in college for about 10 years now. Time to move on.
  14. Defiant

Defiant New Cupcake

Not mentioned in the OP, but we will be playing on a PvP server at launch. Currently in beta the guild is set up on both Nexus and Pergo.
  15. joshavid

joshavid New Cupcake

We often using mumble while playing, if anyone wants to talk to us during the beta weekends.
  16. Polycasta

Polycasta New Cupcake

Greetings Wildstar!
  17. Auedar

Auedar New Cupcake

Community College + a 5 year degree (including summer semesters) will do that to ya. Finishing 6 years in. On the plus side I am only going to be 5k in debt at the end of it all.
  18. Auedar

Auedar New Cupcake

3 more weeks until I'm free!
  19. Auedar

Auedar New Cupcake

Still torn between stalker and medic.....
  20. joshavid

joshavid New Cupcake

Dr. Auedar has a nice ring to it.