1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Best...Gift...EVER!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pixie, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Pixie

Pixie Cupcake-About-Town

Me and my boyfriend have been sick as dogs for almost a week, and tomorrow's my birthday.

Needless to say I wasn't particularly looking forward to being sickies on my birthday, but today he told me to open my birthday present early so I could "plan around it"...

...And it was this: [​IMG]
    So now it seems I may just get to have the best birthday EVER, building a Lego Millennium Falcon, watching the movies, and if we feel up for it, some strawberry-and-cream-cheese, and lemon-white-chocolate muffins that I was supposed to bring to school tomorrow (we bring cakes to our own birthdays in this strange country ;)). I may even make some Millennium Falcon mini pizzas. We'll see.

Technically, this isn't the awesomest Star Wars related gift he's given me, I got a Hasbro R2D2 that follows me around, makes droid noises and zooms over to talk to the washing machine whenever it runs two years ago, but I look so much forward to spending quality time together assembling the Falcon tomorrow!

It all got me thinking, it's almost Christmas shopping time and we all know someone who is really hard to buy gifts for, so why don't we share the best gifts we ever recieved or gave, and who knows, the Christmas shopping may be a bit easier this year?

And please don't hold back, sentimental gifts, home-made gifts, simple gifts, silly gifts, expensive gifts, any gift that meant something to you or someone you love, whether they are physically tangible objects or not, I want to hear about them!
    Tribe and Ergilion like this.
  2. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

The best gift I have given? I used to write a lot creatively when I was younger. I had a friend that was graduating early from High School (Sixth form). She had been one of the linchpins of our group and was leaving for an amazing opportunity.

I composed a poem concerning her hopes, dreams, goals, and what she meant to all of us. I purchased some "manuscript paper" and had another friend transfer the poem in calligraphy, placed it in a wooden frame and wrapped it up. Her mom threw her a farewell party at home and I gave it to her there, the gift was well received.

The best gift I ever received? A few come to mind, but I need to think on it before answering.
  3. Dedlaw

Dedlaw Cupcake-About-Town

Not gonna lie, I read "The best....GIF...ever".

So I was staring at the pic for about 20sec waiting for something to happen, going "Dafuq?"
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

A Search Quest:

Seriously once I saw it on the television I've always wanted to do it IRL and so I did.

I gave my (ex) BF a small birthday present (a small box), that looked like it would contain a ring. Instead of was a small note telling him he needs to follow the details written on it in order to get his present.

The search quest took him (alone) through the city seeing all those nice things that tourists want to see, and near those places he would have to get the next ''note of details'' from a nearby shop/store etc.
    It was all written on the notes.

It took him to a ice-cream wagon, giving him his favorite ice-cream (I paid it days before it...it's hard to plan something like that), and he got his next hint from the ice-cream man.

It took him to a chocolatery, having his favorite chocolate.

Well you can get the picture now :D Shall we say....he probably gained some weight with all his favorite snacks ;)

The last note took him on the top of a church tower (quite some steps so he could get his work-out to balance it :rolleyes:)

On the top of the tower, was (next to an amazing view) ME!!! I was standing there congratulating him for real, giving him his real present and taking him on a romantic dinner + some things after :p (not going into details about that).

And TBH....if anyone else did something so creative for me.....I would MELT! :inlove:
    Inukeu likes this.