1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Blizzard closes down Diablo 3 Auction House on March 18, 2014

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Infamouz, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Source:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content...-down-Diablo-3-Auction-House?page=17#comments
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well we already knew that (check status update log).

So why not say what YOU think of it? I'm much more interested in that :D
  3. Cheven

Cheven Cupcake

There's something that I don't understand with this. Why on earth didn't they "fix" this sooner, when the game has been out over a year? Guessing Activision pushed Blizzard to break Diablo 3 totally with Auction house. The game is completely useless and pointless when you can buy super epic gear and run around like a fool.

To sum this up: You haven't achieved a single thing.
  4. Hauntie

Hauntie New Cupcake

The removal of the Auction House(s) is definately a step in the right direction. In diablo 2, joining those game rooms where people would just barter items was awesome.

We'll see how things play out as RoS's development continues.
  5. NILVIO

NILVIO Cupcake

Finally beta is over, and we get real release date! :D
  6. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

yay hopefully the 2.0 patch will come out around then aswell
  7. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

D1 and 2 both had a massive submarket of item trading and selling that was shady and hard to control. Why do people forget this? All that happens come March 2014 is the spam is going to triple and I can't make money myself as easily. Not that I've had any double digit sales outside of the first month. :down:

Just to spit in my eye, I was on youtube yesterday and the two ads I saw were for D2legit.com. Thanks Obama.:(
  8. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

I just hope we see better drops, more stuff my class can use. Seems to be that way already on the console version. I'm actually excited to see what drops, rather than on the PC version where lots of stuff drops and the only time I stop to look at it is when I'm determining what needs to be sold at a vendor or on the auction house. Love the game, excited to see what RoS brings.
  9. Musser

Musser New Cupcake

The removal of the AH might make me buy the addon, up until now I have been planning on ignoring it
  10. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

Removing the RMAH is fine and the real root of the problem. Removing the GAH is just stupid and now we have to go back to the stone age and spam chat 24/7 to trade or sell items. Blizzard isn't solving any problems by removing the auction houses. Instead they are creating more problems and putting even more money into the hands of shady RMT companies. Blizzard completely fails as a company nowadays. :devilish: