1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Blizzard is now officially morally bankrupt!

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by FairyTailisBack, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Oh my, a corporation that cares about money. What a nightmare.

While I won't defend Blizzard blindly, may they go to hell for what they did to WoW (Shops AND p2p. lol wtf.) You buy from a MUCH smaller cardpool, so the chance of getting a card you want is much higher.
  2. Yazra

Yazra Cupcake

I left wow to play Rift because of Blizzards mentality. However Rift soon followed in their footsteps. A once great game with lots of raids, content, of course terrible pvp... but at least they didn't balance the game around it.....

but now they are free to play too and nothing more than a cash grab. The content slowed to a halt for 6 months after SL came out ... Until dendrome came out it was very boring to say the least. Trion lost a lot of subs because of their lack of interest in releasing new content.. instead they replaced content with daily quests and mandatory reputations that took months to grind unless you powered up nodes and did Instant adventure for a week straight. Then it would only take 1 month instead of 5.

When Rift announced free to play, after i called it for like a month. My guild felt kind of stupid and promised it would be ok. I left anyways. It has been 5 months, I finally went back to check it out.. It looked ok. They had nerfed the rep grind and added new raids. I was happy to raid again and be back in the action.. Then i saw you could buy T4 gear in cash shop... And the chests with a 1% drop chance for mounts that cost about 5$ each or more.

But, what killed it for me was this. The new tier of gear T5 or SL T2... Looks just like the old tier. it literally is the same thing except its green... and not even a good looking green either. The only model change to the sets are the helm and shoulders. The set looks like a pvp set.. in fact it might be but I don't pvp at all other than to get CQ capped each day...

I was done after that. a week back and I had spent 20$ in the cash shop or more, Raids were easier, everyone was in a frenzy trying to get a damn squirrel for a mount. Someone i knew paid over 150$ to get it... Sick.
  3. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

This is the sort of thing I worry most on the state of mmos and the direction they are going. Give blizzard it's credit they produce a lot of good content at a fast pace. It's not always stellar but they try though mop got carried away with the daily quests. It also scary how compulsive people can be and how exploitative companies can be yet no goes up and arms about. Personally it cuz the companies are too small to hit the radar of consumers. You know if blizzard did something like rift did and having people pay insane amount of cash for a mount like that it would be newsworthy.
  4. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

lol, you make a sarcastic remark about $ & Corp, and then say you don't like the fact Blizzard is doing it to wow.

Idk, how many cards are in a MTG set? I bet about the same really...
  5. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

What I disliked the most about the daily quests issue in MoP is that the blizzard developers would troll people complaining about it on the forums.

Consumer: Hey blizzard, the daily quests are insane. This is too much...
    Blizzard: lolz you don't have to do them!
    Consumer: We need to do them to get the gear to progress.
    Blizzard: lolz you aren't forced to do them to progress though.
    Consumer: We are if we want to do progress in an efficient and timely fashion.
    Blizzard: Meh.. We aren't forcing you to do it. Trololololol
  6. Dirty Outlaw

Yeah some of the comments from the developers reeks of douchebaggery "haste will fix it" as a rogue we told them in beta there was a problem then in 5.0, 5.1 till 5.2 they started to work on our class when it comes to class balance and working on classes blizzard really drops the ball down hard real bad.

But you really didn't need the badge gear as much as people went on about it I think I used like two pieces from the badge gear in order to raid. To be fair people were being drama queens.

The thing about daily quests which I dislike is that its a convenient way to get people playing over and and over again and get them invested to the point they don't want to quit unless something drastic happens. Its not a direction I like mmos to go but its understandable why they do it.

When it comes down to it achievements and rep grinds on comes down on a player psychology. The carrot on a stick approach works well in this skinner's box we call a game. work on these reputations on these factions we will give you the whole bucket list to work on and all will have a piece of gear you would want. Now we removed the limit so you can do as many as you want but you don't have to. Just go at a reasonable pace.

Reality is not so nice, its rather cruel. People who want to get the gear the fastest would spend at least twice as much time and power grind every faction every day. There was a reason they were limits when daily quests were introduced people would be too compulsive to do every single daily quest. Blizzard should of known better, hell I think they knew.
  7. Yazra

Yazra Cupcake

Honestly I dont think them limiting daily quests are out of kindness at all. Blizz like any other mmo company out there DOES NOT want you to grind out all the content faster.. that means it takes less time not more time. If i can only grind 25 quests a day then i have to pick which factions are most important to me, first. If there is no cap then Im just going to do them all and get them ALL done faster.

The end result? Burn out, Speedy gearing, Bordum.people who play hours on end in binges to gear up etc tent to be flakey I being one of them know how this is. If i play a game day in and day out to get the gear I want. if its too easy ( or just that they make it capable ) for me to get in a week, I WILL and then once i get it ill be saying " now what " Next month when my sub tries to renew.. i might not let it. However if i am only half way done with half of the factions i want to grind out.. yes ill keep subbing...

They only lifted the limit because of the whining and crying about it and the millions of reputations from older content that counted against your limit. They should have just removed them from counting as a daily quest against your limit... thats all..
  8. Dirty Outlaw

I'm not saying blizzard is a saint or does things in kindness ha. It makes sense to limit the playerbase in all honestly...
    So they removed it cuz of complaints typical blizzard.