1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Blizzard's Titan delayed till 2016

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Kethrym, May 28, 2013.

1. Vembumees

Vembumees Cupcake-About-Town

Diablo 3 was scrapped by Vivendi.
  2. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

That was a big guess. There were also rumors about steampunk MMO, Halo MMO, and cross-platform Sci-fi MMO. Noone really knows what it is, except Blizzard.

Well, there could be a number of reasons why they redesigning the game.

For me the most logical is: They had a concept years ago and started to build an engine what supports their idea. After the years passed, they developed more advanced tech and systems, and they just couldn't make it work with that. Or they just want a new approach (ehm.. Cross-platform MMO) and they need to figure it out how to make it work.

There are speculations about they realized the rapid change in business models in the last two years,and because they obviously built Titan to be supported by a sub model, they just want to rethink the project and cater to the F2P market too. This seems a logical thing to me too.

We don't know, and sadly we won't gonna no for at least one or two years from now. But keep in mind, they always used iterative development and they surely have the money for it so don't be surprised.
    Kethrym likes this.
  3. Impaler

Impaler Cupcake

Someone at Blizzard got an Invite to Wildstar's BETA, played it, and was like "Oh <REDACTED> guys, Wildstar is amazing, time to steal their ideas and rework them into our next MMO! Tell the bosses that Titan doesn't stand a chance against Wildstar so lets milk WoW for as long as we can."
    Kethrym and SilentJ like this.
  4. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

Sounds like classic Blizz lol. I used to love their games but after playing post Burning Crusade WoW, then D3, it's hard to get excited about their stuff.
  5. Shalanigh

Shalanigh Cupcake

With Blizzard's "It's ready when it's ready" reputation with releasing game, I'm not too surprised this happened. Clearly there was something they didn't like with Titan and moved most of their assets to other projects that can be used to help those projects, while keeping the core team to change/fix the issues with Titan. I think it's better they do this now too, since they haven't really hyped it up at all, other then saying like, "Yeah, we're working on other things."
  6. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

The amount of money Blizz has is mind boggling.

I'd love if that was true LOL.
  7. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

I don't understand why they would want another MMO when they already have the New York Yankees of MMOs in WoW. If I was them I would have all my best people working on WoW in order to keep it as #1 for all eternity with updates,new content, and patches.
  8. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

Problem is as a game gets that far along in age it's harder to keep people hooked, because unless they completely revamped it, it's still the same thing at it's core. This is proven by the fact that since MoP has come out they've released patches faster than they have in years, but lots of people are still jumping ship.

The biggest thing that makes it hard for me to get back into the game is the new talent system. I preferred the illusion of choice over what they have now.
  9. Kethrym

And if you stray too far from your original model, IE. Star Wars Galaxies, you lose half of your base during the change over.
    SilentJ likes this.
  10. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

Main reasons why people leave wow is because
    1 Raids are not that hard anymore
    2 No new PvP games
    3 People are waiting for the Burning Legion to show up after this mist of panda take down Garrosh storyline

At least from what I read #3 has people really excited about wow. Since most wow players hail The Burning Crusade as one of the best expansions wow had.
  11. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

And more on that point below:

[​IMG]
    Myrrdhinn, SilentJ and Kethrym like this.
  12. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

While I 100% agree with you about Burning Crusade being the best, and I'll probably keep an eye on a Burning Legion expansion if it's announced, I don't know if it could capture what made BC great. It wasn't just the setting, it was the difficulty, and the fact that going through the Dark Portal really introduced the players to a very different land. Going back to Outland might just feel like a been there done that type deal.
  13. Kethrym

What Blizz really wants to do.

[​IMG]
    Dualist likes this.
  14. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

What Blizzard is really making

[​IMG]
    Kethrym likes this.
  15. MMOPapa

MMOPapa Cupcake-About-Town

What Blizzard REALLY wants to do...

Dualist and Kethrym like this.
  16. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

Im expecting WoW 2.0....
  17. EpicBubble

EpicBubble Cupcake

Citation required :p

Are you thumb sucking or giving your reasons why you left or is their actually evidence cause I left for completely different reasons.

Titan is delayed cause Blizzard isn't idiots they know they will shoot wow in the foot if they release another MMO before Wow is "finshed"

And like I said if you work it out 2016 is about the time when the level 100 expansion should be finshing so it would be the ideal time to end WoW.

Blizzard are idiots when it comes to some things such as Online Auction house for D3 but they not idiots when it comes to milking the franchise to the end. WoW hype is dying quite fast lastest subscriber numbers show this only new expansions really help bring people back.
  18. Kethrym

[​IMG]
    SilentJ likes this.
  19. Arz

Arz New Cupcake

I dont know about you guys, but I have a suspicion that Wildstart broke Titan. Since Wildstar is supposed to be this whole revolutionary next-gen type of MMO it might have put Titans whole development team on alert. I have no proof that this is why Blizzards Titan got pushed back, but still you cant help but wonder. O_O

Maybe the similarities between the game were too great. Which might have sparked some copyright infringement law suits. Since Wildstar was in develpoment for a while, might i dare say longer that Titan--Wildstar called dibs on the whole Scifi-WoWish-RPG type genre (emphasis on the WoWish there are quite a few Scifi MMO out there) Who knows... MAYBE WILDSTAR IS TITAN! jk Prolly not. Still Wildstar is Strangely similar to WoW graphics. :confused:
  20. Vanor

Vanor Cupcake

That's not something you can really copyright. The setting can be protected under IP law, but 'wow in space' is not something you can put a copyright on.