1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Blizzcon

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Eversannik, Nov 8, 2013.

1. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

The free level 90 is one per account unless of course like they answered on the con, nothing is stopping you from buying more accounts and transferring that 90 to your account.

The option to buy a level 90 might also be added to the cashshop.
  2. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

It almost seems like they're deliberately killing their own game.
    Alverad likes this.
  3. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Ha, this is the cherry on 'lets piss on our customers some more' cake:

Tom Chilton just said that, if we don't like how our characters look after the model updates, we're allowed to pay for a re customization.

Heh....
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  4. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

There's a rumor, that flying mounts would be disabled in WoD untill patch 6.1
    Just a rumor thou, but if it somehow happens to be true, and I am not saying that it will.. It would be interesting to see how it pans out.
    Alverad likes this.
  5. Xlugon Pyro

Poorly.
    Alverad likes this.
  6. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

My gripe was you made it sound like other companies are not trying to have "unique character". looking at your definition above seems every company is trying for unique character? No?
  7. Vulture051

Vulture051 New Cupcake

Oh wow. I think I have to apologize to you. I thought you were a naive ninny after your response to my negativity but apparently I didn't look into the new expansion enough. Maybe Wildstar does have a chance because a lot of that stuff is reminiscent of the death throes of previous MMOS.
  8. Alverad

Yep, trying for sure, at least to an extend - not necessarily succeeding in creating that special 'feel' - at least in my eyes :)
  9. Alverad

Ha, sometimes you want something to be as good as you dreamed it and it's quite easy to slip into naive mode - in case of Blizz, they deliver slap, after slap, after slap - snapping you right out, sooner or later :p I may very well be a little naive when it comes to WS - but then, I tend to be optimistic about stuff until I get burned.
  10. Katherine

Katherine Cupcake-About-Town

The only reason I'll be playing this next xpac is if Wildstar is bad. Nothing announced drew me in, and a great many things put me off (forcing 10mans -> 20mans on a dying game, removal of reforging & the new simpler stat gear). It looks like a patch, not an expansion, 'mechanic' wise.

You hear that, Carbine? Make Wildstar good.
    Xlugon Pyro and Sarpadon like this.
  11. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Bashiok is now doing damage control, stating that the "no free character customization" after the new model changes, didn't appear to be a definitive answer, if they find that they missed the mark on recreating the same character appearance they are considering doing something about that.

So it went from "not going to happen" to "too early to tell".
  12. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

The timing is great to take a large marketshare of the MMO market if Carbine can pull this off. If everything is like what I saw on Saturday's livestream, they're definitely on the right track.
  13. Xlugon Pyro

It was a remarkably stupid thing to say to their customer base to begin with. Goes to show you that the best and brightest often times aren't those in positions of power.
  14. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

Ummm what did they announce? Garrosh uses a time machine to team up with Biff in 1955? This seems like a death gurgle from a dying MMO.

The 10 year old character models got updated...
    Free 90! (our old xpacs are so bad we let you skip them)
    Garrisons! They don't do anything, but housing!
    Bag space thing...
    FUBAR raids
    You can buy the BEST arena gear so everyone is equal footing

I see nothing groundbreaking to make me buy this. This is essentially Emerald Dream but with Outland. Time travel is a BS plot device when a series runs out of ideas.
    Crunch and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  15. Xlugon Pyro

I was questioning the whole time-travel deal as well. In small doses it's fine but a whole expansion? Sounds like they're just milking already established lore for all it's worth.

The creative depth at Blizzard seems to be no deeper than my fingernail nowadays.
  16. Sarpadon

Sarpadon New Cupcake

Most disappointing expac yet. I was genuinely curious to see if they would do anything interesting. Even if WS cruelly dashes my hopes and is not even half as good as I hope it will be I don't think that I will return to WoW now. Besides weren't they going to do an Emerald dream expansion at some point?? I might have went back to check that out.

Instead we go back in time. I have a suspicion that what they are doing is something along the lines of what the new Star Trek Movie franchise did. Go back in time and change events so that you can start the story all over again. Unfortunately, I do not see this as being as successful for WoW.
  17. Khasar

Khasar New Cupcake

I was at first quite happy with the "let's go back to the TBC days with Orcs and humans but to be honest after seeing Wildstar and Ever Quest Next and with the WildStar Beta and Ever Quest Landmark alpha starting soon, WoW just does not interest me anymore.

I was going to give the new exp a shot but now I actually don't want too. Will see how both EQL and WildStar play out but I don't want to pay for 2 MMOs. (Depends if they are both that good then maybe)
  18. D3athcr33ps

D3athcr33ps Cupcake

You are absolutely right lol. I could just see Garrosh driving around listening to beastie boys because he didn't have a dad.
  19. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Well it's now confirmed. Blizzard will delay flying in Warlords of Draenor till first big content patch. We'll see how that experiment will turn out.
  20. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

calling it, in a week's end people will be <REDACTED>ing in the forum about how you can't fly