1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Bolster Stacking

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Domi Dayglow, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

So I was thinking about the Esper's Bolster ability.

In case you are not familiar with the esper ability, Bolster has two charges while providing a heal over time effect and generates a psi point when used. As a support esper I use bolster on the tank to give them the heal over time and generate psi points for myself quickly boost up reverie and mending banner. I keep it in my bar as a DPS esper because it's a really quick way to generate two psi points to boost up my finishers. Even then I occasionally use it on another person who might have strayed into a telegraph.

My concern is how many times does it stack? I know the description says that it stacks two times, but I'm unsure about that description on ws-base.com build generator. Is the limit based on the number of stacks from one caster? Is it only two stacks total?

In the times I've grouped in the pre-order weekends, there has either been a medic or spellslinger healer. I haven't really had a chance to test it out. I don't want to be with a group as DPS when there is an esper healer there with bolster. Their bolster will be stronger than mine since I'm equipped for assault power. If I use my weaker bolster on the tank first it actually ends up hindering. In which case I should reserve it only for myself as a weak heal, but mostly quick psi point generator.

Logically, it would make sense for Carbine to limit it to two stacks of bolster only. Otherwise, all you would need is a tank and 4 espers. The espers could shove 8 stacks of bolster on the tank.
  2. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

I haven't tested it out, I assumed it's 2 stacks total as like you said, otherwise in raids with maybe 8 espers, the tanks will be topped like no other. I use bolster in dungeons too as dps, but I just cast it on myself (if you have enemy selected, pressing bolster automatically casts on yourself). You would sometimes need it especially if there's a medic healer and you're the only ranged standing a little too far, better safe than sorry...