1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

BREAKING NEWS! The Ark Ship

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Mr.Mike, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Flint

Flint Cupcake

Actually, we are seeing 2 player classes a sword and 1 member of the welcome party impaled on the ground. :)

Or so I believe...
  2. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

Great find Flint and Craiger!
  3. Craiger

Craiger New Cupcake

Lol... I feel so ashamed... :p I got so exited that I didn't notice that the thing I called a "hand" actually was a sword that had smashed one of the spider-like thingies that we saw on the other picture.....
  4. Flint

Flint Cupcake

I can totally see where you went wrong.
    No need for shame :)
  5. Mef

Mef Founding Member

Something minor I noticed. In the three pictures, the Carbine logo was in a different corner every time. :D
    First bottom right, then top right, then bottom left. Purely a coincidence?
  6. souper

souper Founding Member

Ooh, those look like futuristic tektites and the blue sword might be the future Master Sword. This could very well be a 'Zelda 3000a.d.' MMO. Pretty epic and COMPLETELY plausible.

... right?
  7. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

I love how its called the hearty handshake *giggle*
  8. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

So we're looking at being the crew/staff of the Ark Ship being drop-shipped onto a potentially hi-tech world (note the creatures appear to be robotic drones with antenna - you can see the paint chipped away by the sword on the Hearty Handshake!)

Oh, and hi all! Been lurking around Carbine's Twitter feed for years, but thought I'd rear up here now since we've finally got some concrete intel on the game!
  9. Incan

Incan Founding Member

hmm ... I forgot to bring my sword :oops: At least those creatures are small
  10. QZX

QZX New Cupcake

This is good, but.....Are the screenshots from the in-game footage or from pre-render trailer?
  11. Flint

Flint Cupcake

Going from the laceration marks on the mechanical "monster" I'm going to guess its a pre-render.

I'm hoping that the difference between in-game and pre-render is very small...
  12. QZX

QZX New Cupcake

I think the first screenshot is from in-game footage, and the second from the pre-render trailer. I want..... I need to believe in this. :p
  13. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

All these new images are stills from Carbine's CGI trailer debuting at gamescom.
  14. Craiger

Craiger New Cupcake

like I expected....

Did you really think those pictures could be in-game ? for real..... I mean a game with that graphics.... Man that would be nice.... But not gonna happen any time soon......
  15. Flint

Flint Cupcake

A couple of months ago I would have agreed with you without a second thought.

Though after following GW2 for a while I'm noticing that it is entirely possible to stay true to the source concept material. In the Hearty Handshake picture the geometry is indeed a bit too high to expect under normal circumstances.

While the Welcoming Party image is something I can totally see happening in game.
    It has that extra layer of shine you get from rendering but the actual models and scenery wouldn't be completely out of the question I think.

The team has quite a few talented people I can't rule out the possibility of seeing strong art and gameplay at the same time.
  16. aspira

aspira Founding Member

I don't doubt for a second that the graphics will be good. So many people judge a game on its graphics these days before even looking at gameplay, so I would assume the graphics will be of a good level.

Why can't gamescom be today!!!! Excitement levels are getting way to high.
  17. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Really? You didn't notice? :confused: It was the very first thing I spotted! Even before the giant moons and asteroid belt. Yeah, I know, weird. Anyway, I just assumed that tiny spaceship WAS the ArkShip and that was the whole point of the spacescape.
  18. Saure Heringe

Saure Heringe New Cupcake

Doesn't this look like the moon in the space image? You can see patterns in the moon and the spaceship looks pretty science fantasy. Maybe Daniel Dociu worked on this game.

http://cghub.com/images/view/112898/
  19. Flint

Flint Cupcake

Possible but there's really not enough information in that picture to be sure one way or the other.

Though its likely that we will see his work in a SF game at some point.
    I did find it interesting to find Daniel's words echoed within Carbine studios.
    'A painterly hand crafted art style'
  20. Padre Adamo

Padre Adamo New Cupcake

The trailer is quite simply an amazing introduction to the setting of the game. I just finished showing it to our group and we are ecstatic! This "high adventure" atmosphere is something we have been looking for a very long time.

I'm intrigued about how they will handle the class system mechanics. I'm hoping they push away from the tree system or at least give us more of an open-ended system to the tree, similar to what AC2 did. Either way, I'm sure it will be a unique take on the genre.