1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Breaking the NDA...

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Rundo, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rundo

Rundo Cupcake

I got another warning again for breaking the NDA, which is a bit silly as i have never signed one...

So a lesson for the mods;

To break the Wildstar Non-Disclosure Agreement you first have to sign it. You only have to sign it when you are chosen to participate in the beta program.

There are a ton of podcasts/sites that discuss NDA material, so if someone mentions something that could be from the beta and is not official yet, it doesn't have to be that they are in the beta themselves and are breaking the NDA.

I know you want to keep NDA material of the site, but i feel like you guys are a bit overzealous when someone even mentions something that could be potentially NDA breaking. It's also a bit random, i got a warning and my post modified, while others who mentioned the same are not modified (dont know if they got a warning as i don't have access to their inbox ;) ). I even wrote my post in a way that clearly presents it as my own opinion and not as a fact.

P.S

It's pretty annoying that you can't respond directly to the mod that gives you a warning. Please leave the lock conversation box unticked. It's a bit silly that you have to create a new conversation with a mod when you want to defend yourself and point out an error they made.

P.S P.S

I know the mods are only humans, and can and will make mistakes, so don't see this as a personal attack to the mods. Its just something i want to point out and they are free to do whatever they want to do with what i just wrote :)
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

First: You accepted to keep this site NDA free, as soon as you joined this forum. (read the rules ;) so you indirectly signed something that keeps you from using/talking about NDA material)

Secondly: Other media report NDA stuff, oke. But do they get responces from Carbine staff members? (extra info!)
    Nope, but this site does! And you know why? Because we try to respect the NDA. If we did not, then there would be no Carbine staff members to come and listen/talk to us :( and that would be a sad day...

Thirdly: If you have trouble, you can always talk to them, from my experience they do respond back to you and can explain it. I personally think the warnings are half automated and therefore locked so you need to make a new conversation. But it's not that big of a deal...is it? Takes you only a couple of seconds longer.
    Also they do this, because you can get multiple warnings at once, so with a new conversation you can adress all warnings at once, instead of using each warning-conversation to adress each warning alone.
    Ianpact, kongpong and Kethrym like this.
  3. Rundo

Rundo Cupcake

Very true, though the warning i got cleary says that its about me breaking the WildStar Non-Disclosure Agreement, i have not done that as i have never signed it. The warning should have been about me not keeping the site NDA free.

The first time i got a warning about breaking the NDA my infraction point got removed after i told that i wasn't in the beta and therefore did not sign any NDA. So apparently i did nothing wrong the first time, but this time the warning stands... 2 different mods, 2 different rules?

second, in other topics people mention the same 2 classes that i got the warning for, yet they aren't warned nor their post are removed or changed?? Its all a bit random isn't it?

There is a difference between keeping the site NDA free and going over the top about it. Doing a bit of speculation about this game should be fine, posting direct info about the game is not. Even Carbine will understand that.
  4. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

One thing i don't get though, never really questioned it until now. But before the last two races were revealed people spoke of Chua on a daily basis (people knew the Chua were one of the last 2 races from NDA leaks) they also knew of the Mordesh. But people could speak of the Chua all they liked, they were mentioned a LOT by name and images, but the Mordesh couldn't be mentioned? not once did i see someone call them Mordesh and get away with it.

Kinda weird the NDA breach card was thrown out for any Mordesh related stuff, but not Chua.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

They've posted this: (few minutes before you wrote this)
    So they do try to get everyone to tune it down a bit. Probably the first few got a personal warning.

And about how to adress it...breaching NDA or not keeping the site clean from NDA breaches....don't forget they aint getting paid to do this kind of work, it's in their spare time. If they have to ''personally'' change every single warning it can take too much time....then you can sawy ''then don't be a mod'' and we can begin a very long argument :D But the main point = you still got told what was wrong....

and this comming from, mayby the one person on this forum that had gotten the most amount of warnings in the least amount of time :oops:
    But i'm warning free now for quit some time!! :cool:
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It's because in 1 of the video's that showed housing, there was furniture called ''Chua bed'' and ''chua chair'' etc. etc.

So it was gotten known trough an official video, not thanks to NDA breaches :D

Hence the reason for the differences you speak of ;)
    Kataryna likes this.
  7. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

I get what you're saying there, but there being the name somewhere on an official video is still not a reveal, for anyone who didn't know what the last 2 races were the word ''chua'' would have meant nothing in a video. so i don't see how that makes it fine to spread the info (which in essence is still info spread via NDA breaches).

I mean what is it that confirmed Chua as a race? it was the NDA breaches... not their name on a piece of furniture.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Nope but even before the NDA breaches people saw the furniture and said ''one of the races can be named Chua'' since it was in the same row as the ''aurin'' and ''granok'' furniture. Also the one video were the Draken warrior got a quest from a ''what we now know is a Chua'' was a pretty good ''hint''.

Those hints were never dropped with the Mordesh.

Because this was FAR before the NDA breaches of the Chua the mods couldn't do anything about it, because it was just merely our speculations of what we saw.

After the NDA breaches is was just....''confirmed'' trough ''illigal'' means. But because people already used it before those, it was un-bannable.

Even short after the NDA breaches in one interview a Carbine staff members used the name ''Chua'' aswell (before the reveals).

All that together would make the Chua unbannable, since it was first obtained trough official means before the illigal came.
  9. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

• Any content that is in violation of applicable laws, including in violation of Beta/Alpha Non-Disclosure Agreements is prohibited.
    By signing up to this site, you knowingly agreed to this. You may not be a part of Beta, but the below rule covers that.
    • These are guidelines, not comprehensive rules. WildStar Central reserves the right to allow or disallow any user content at our discretion, even if it is not specifically covered by these guidelines.
    Just in case you feel like adding a smart remark, but you don't seem like the kinda person to do so.
    If a Mod gives you a warning and doesn't reply, try asking another Mod like myself, I'm always available via email - jaylvdance@googlemail.com or just drop me an inbox on here and I'll get a direct email.
    Extatica likes this.
  10. Rundo

Rundo Cupcake

Now its started to get really confusing when something is NDA breaking or not.

I reported a couple of posts that mention the same classes as i did, even in a non speculating way. Yet i get a message from a mod that he doesn't see those posts as NDA breaking an no action is taken.

Apparently this is such a grey area that even the mods can't agree among themselves if something is NDA breaking yes or no. Its a bit silly that you can get banned over a subject that is in a grey area. If you break a rule it should be black or white, not grey...

You could say, why do you care so much? Well, i still have an official warning and one more will get me banned. And when asking the mod in a pm to elaborate why i get an official warning and others that have done the same or even worse haven't, i don't even get a reply back... (where i live it's considered rude to not answer some one back..)
    Mellkor likes this.
  11. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Most companies don't have this kind of transparency. and although its nice, You have to wonder what the intent is:
    • They don't have a public forum so they use this one
    • Its controlled advertisement.
    In short, Were not really getting anything special, Only what would of been spoon fed on an official forum.
  12. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you'll be wanting InnocentCivilian's thread post here as to the reason we adopted calling them Chua - http://www.wildstar-central.com/ind...nion-race-speculation.1246/page-11#post-34575

and i believe that his post preceded any and all leakage - as it was before Beta started, iirc!
    Extatica likes this.
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Aye, but I was comparing it to other media's and not an official site. So my point still remains strong :p
  14. John

John "That" Cupcake

Whats funny is that Carbine doesn't seem to care. Leaked content takes forever to get removed, or its not removed at all. And they contribute to that "other" big website despite the fact that its rife with leaks.

Personally I have always felt people get way too anal about NDA stuff for betas in general. Its a damn video game, were not guarding national secrets here. If something leaks and people want to talk about it, i'm inclined to say, "who cares?" Every fansite is built on the premise of personal speculation and opinion; whats the difference between speculating on what Warplots might be compared to speculating on what <redacted> might be? In both cases we know pretty much zero detail, its all just random speculation that might end up being right or completely wrong.
    Grim Fandango likes this.
  15. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Don't take this the wrong way but i think rule is flawed and needs to be amended.

If a person is unaware something they posted is NDA breaking then they shouldn't be held accountable.
    If someone has the clear intent of breaking such an agreement then they should be moderated.

There is no use having discussions and speculations if someone actually gets it right and is reprimanded.
  16. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Do the Status Update posts on the front page get deleted? I had one right in the middle and now its gone and the conversation looks wierd.
  17. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

The rules are there for a reason. The Mods do not implement them, Zap and the pre-original owners did.

'unaware' you should be smart enough to even know what NDA is with any Closed Beta. Everyone should make themselves aware of all site rules before even joining a site.
    Kethrym and BlackSwan like this.
  18. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

No content on your status wall has been deleted.
  19. Rundo

Rundo Cupcake

It a problem when mods are interpreting those rules in different ways.

Why should someone that hasn't signed or even seen the NDA know what is forbidden under the NDA?

Aware yes, but when even the mods themselves interpret those rules differently, then how can you ask your members to know exactly what and what not to post?

But it seems the staff of WSC rather avoid this subject then to discuss about it, as i haven't seen any reaction yet on my posts in this thread or the PM i have send...

Imo its a bit too much when you can get a perma ban after just 2 minor mistakes.
  20. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

Common sense, if you actually read the rules of this site when signing up you'd see the rule about Alpha/Beta, so logically you'd think someone would find out what they should be wary of.

Avoid the subject? I'm right here, talking about it.

As I have said multiple times already for you to contact me about it, if that Mod isn't responding then sitting here and whining about it will solve nothing. We have lives of our own you know, so if one isn't responding, then try contacting a different one, such as myself.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.