1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art BR's Random Wildstar Arts & Stuff...

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Bloodraptor, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Ow man, sign me up to play one of these! I wasn't really a fan of the undead/zombie/cyborg species, but man, if they look only half like these .... for the Exiles!
    Maddog Charlie and Bloodraptor like this.
  2. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Man that concept art for a race that hasn't even been announced and shown to us yet is SPECTACULAR!

I already love the art in general, and the Draken face had me floored enough, but the creativity behind your concept of stuff you haven't seen yet is mind blowing.

Really, WELL done!
    Maddog Charlie and Bloodraptor like this.
  3. Bloodraptor

Bloodraptor Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you very much!
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  4. Bloodraptor

Detail Version! 4th race2.jpg
  5. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Aw <REDACTED>, I thought the first pic looked awesome already then you go and make it EVEN BETTER. :eek:

I love how they look really 'powered up' by whatever that glowy liquid is, and how it glows from INSIDE them. That's a REALLY sweet detail! :D

I couldn't see it so clearly the first time, but I really like how you have that dude's pouch as a syringe-holder or something ^_^. You just took so many vague elements from the 'Meet the Exiles' video and turned it into something cohesive and legit. :laugh:
    Bloodraptor and Kataryna like this.
  6. PsiGun

PsiGun Cupcake

Wicked! Great style and colors. If that skin color is available I will role one for sure. Great job!
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  7. HoneyBadger

HoneyBadger Cupcake

Me and my friend has been FAWNING over that "4th Exile" race since yesterday.

My jaw dropped when I saw the Draken, and then looking at the cyborg-zombie-ish-thing (I just call them that), if they look anything like that in the game with the aestetics and armors, I am instantly rolling one, god damn.
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  8. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Wow... just .. wow, haha, i hope they look like that, if they don't look as good as you've drawn their i'll probably be a little disappointed haha. Looks great, good work.
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  9. Taters

Taters Cupcake

So much customization too. Part skeleton, part repurposed flesh, part bionic. Looks terrific.
    ruff_ethereal and Bloodraptor like this.
  10. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Ah, I forgot to reply to this earlier!

Bloodraptor, this is an amazing work of art! :) Some of us were saying on Mumble a couple days back that the original post of just the colored drawing looked great, but then when you added in all the shading and highlights, it just gave it this incredible wow-factor! All the little details are fantastic, and most of all, I really am in love with your style. It fits WildStar perfectly!

Someone had asked about the glowing gear, and since it hasn't been posted, I figured I'd ask - is that loftite? If so, that was a neat idea! I just really love the effect of the glowing armor and weapons and accessories. If the last Exile race looked anything like this, you better believe a lot of people will be rolling one of them! :up:
    ruff_ethereal and Bloodraptor like this.
  11. Bloodraptor

Thank you so much! I really have sort of morphed over the years to find my "style" and with the advent of Wildstar and the inspirational art of Mr. Kory Hubbell I have found that using simpler expressive lines and then using detail and painterly colouring gave me the balance of character and detail I wanted for displaying a design. It was a very nice catch on the loftite! The blades are definitely made from it and electrified, the loftite adds extra "oomph to the impact and the electrical current rounds it out with a nice stun. Hale (The Stalker) is definitely a crowd brawler!

The other energy source with the greenish hue is their "serum" used to basically keep them alive and moving. I liked the idea of it making them have that "unholy glow" as many classic fantasy undead have but with a scifi origin.

Thank you!

Thanks a lot! I doubt they would look exactly like I drew, but am confident they will be cool nonetheless!

Haha, thank you! I am glad you like it so much!

Thank you very much!

Thanks! Glad I captured the idea i was going for!
    Maddog Charlie and Fate Flyer like this.
  12. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

WOW blown away by this work, WELL DONE, you really added color to the sketchy undefined grey 'ghosts' in our imaginations that drift in and out as we await the final Exile class. The clarity of the artwork, the individual aspects of the design of the characters and the overall result of each can only be described as a 'symphony' in my mind. If I had asked someone to take the essence of our collective imaginations and add volume to it, and make it better, then this is what it would be. THANK YOU :D
    Bloodraptor and Kataryna like this.
  13. Bloodraptor

Oh, my! That is HIGH praise indeed! I feel honored that I could actually capture that collective essence and give it shape.
  14. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Freakin' awesome! Very nice job BR!
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  15. Bloodraptor

Thankee!
  16. Bloodraptor

Here is the basic B&W of Captain Axioz, Mechari Soldier of the Dominion! I took Roman Officers as inspiration for his design and name.
    *The full colour one will come out soon but thought it would be cool to show a preview!* axios.jpg
  17. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

What a badass!

That's some really mad lineart, and the fact that you're gonna colour it in is even more impressive!

Love how you ran with the Roman theme even with his head, making those crystals resemble the plume on a roman officer's helmet. ^___^

How long did this take you? :eek:
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  18. Bloodraptor

Thanks! Seeing as how I wanted cleaner lines than I usually do I "sculpted" this drawing out of multiple layers, each layer adding a bit more refinement and detail til I ended up with the final cleaner one. All in all I would say it took me about 4 to 5 hours. That is counting the unusually long time spent on crafting the design.
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  19. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Jawdropping awesomeness!
    Bloodraptor likes this.
  20. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Whoooaaa...! :eek:

You are so gosh darn talented, it's ridiculous! That is the most incredible lineart ever. Everything about this is amazing. It's so clean and detailed, and the proportions and anatomy and just brilliant! This is the coolest looking Mechari I have ever seen! I am so glad that the Mechari male won in your poll! Just WOW!!!!
    Bloodraptor likes this.