1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Building A Comp for Wildstar

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by BLAPPiN, Oct 15, 2013.

1. BLAPPiN

BLAPPiN Cupcake

Hello everyone,
    As the title suggests i want to build a cpu so i can play wildstar. I have a list of things i want to get but i want to make sure that i will be able to run wildstar and any other new games in the near future. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

AMD FX-8150 black edition CPU
    EVGA geforce GTX 660 GPU
    Gigabyte GA-970A ATX AMD motherboard
    Samsung 840 series 120GB SSD
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
    Corsair TX750 80+ bronze PSU
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  2. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

well if you are going to say "any other games in the future" then by default you will be able to run Wildstar.
    Most likely your upcoming graphic intensive games will be Destiny, EQN, and Thief and MGS, so if you can run those smoothly then you should have no issues with Wildstar.
  3. sailKite

sailKite New Cupcake

"Gaize, he's building a CPU! Let's watch him assemble diodes!!!"

This will be posted here again, I'm sure, but there's actually a site with tentative system requirements listed, as well as the information offered officially on the beta signup page.

The specs listed at the two locations above are minimum specs though, and thus if you're looking to achieve a certain minimum framerate and quality at the same time, I'm afraid the only thing to do is to estimate scaling based on the discrepancies in hardware between your rig and the baseline stats.

Of course, I can already say that I'm jealous of most of the components you have listed, so I doubt you'll have any trouble having your eyecake and eating it too. >.<
  4. BLAPPiN

BLAPPiN Cupcake

ahha yea i noticed i said cpu but i am too lazy to fix the OP. Thanks for the input im hoping this will be enough... although im not so sure about the cpu itself...
  5. wizaki21

wizaki21 New Cupcake

EVGA GeForces are usually overclocked powerhouses. GPU is probably gonna be the biggest bottleneck so looks like you're good.
    BLAPPiN likes this.
  6. Ugh

Ugh Cupcake

Graphics card should be sufficient.
    Good SSD series
    Plenty of ram
    Don't like Intel? =p
    BLAPPiN likes this.
  7. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Your suggested rig will run fine.
  8. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

you should go to the mmo champion computer build forums.
    its what i did and they saved me quite a bit. you can order the parts and have a shop put it together for you and save like 200-300 dollars.
  9. BLAPPiN

BLAPPiN Cupcake

Thanks Man ill definitely check that out! although i was kind of looking forward to putting my comp together myself for the first time. Its gonna be the first one ive bought with my own $... ive been stuck playin LoL on my <REDACTED>ty laptop for the past 3 years so im ready for a true MMO experience like i had with vanilla WoW.
  10. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

well i got my comp from parts they recommended and got it put together for 50 bucks at a shop os included. but ya make a post there in the computer build/upgrade forums and they will tell you to fill out the questionare. do that and they will make a list for you. simple stuff .