1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

can the aurin be the new healer class?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!, Aug 25, 2013.

1. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

i think that they could, i hope they can:D......................but if they cant, then: :eek:..........:(.........:cry:
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I say: NO

Seeing as they can already be 2 healing classes but only 1 tank class.
    So I expect them to get the ''new'' tanking class.
  3. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

from what ive heard about the new ranged tanking class i dont imagine they will be for aurins . who knows though . they dont seem like a very heavy gun type of race to me ya know?
  4. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

Ha!! I would hope so.. An Aurin tiny fragile body can not withstand the punishment a Tank roll would endure. Healing, melee and ranged dps are all you Aurins should be good for. Leave the tanking for the big boys. But then again that is just a opinion.. So we will see.
  5. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

:eek: do you wanna get jumped?:devilish: ............and plus the stalker is a tank roll......:p
  6. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

C'mon! We both know that YOUR not the Tank type. Plus I am on your side on this topic..I want Aurins to have the final healing class, unless you like being pounded.. ?!? Or doing the pounding.. Idk whatever.
  7. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

well i was gonna either be esper,stalker,or the last healer if they had it:).....................but still us aurin can be so fierce were mistaken for draken:D..........:devilish:........roar!!!!!
  8. GloryHogXL

GloryHogXL Cupcake

Cute.. But No! Drakens wear Aurin skin socks because their softer than Human, mordesh,and Granok skins.
    Anyway, all jokes aside.. I hope you get that healer class.
  9. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

If you ask me, not the Draken nor the Aurin will get any of the upcoming classes. 'Medic' and 'Engineer' seem unlikely for them, especially Engineer for Aurin. (Sorry to disappoint, Roasted Aurin!)
  10. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
    ^my future main's reaction to this statement. Aurin stalker tank all the way.
  11. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

um im sure aurin skin is softer than a granoks...............:rolleyes:
    and thx man:D
  12. Verilyn

Verilyn Cupcake

I'm not aware if this was debunked or not, but isn't their a screenshot of a female Aurin NPC wielding a staff weapon in the Exile starting area?
  13. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I'm hoping for both of the last classes for Aurin. :D They can already use pistols, they can tank and they're good with tech and healing. We've already seen Chua with the big gun, if they can do it, why not Aurin?

Yes, and there are Aurin enemy NPC's in Dominion area and some Draken with staves. Staff won't be a class weapon for Wildstar though.
    They actually had a cardboard Mechari holding the new weapons at Gamescom. When someone asked about it in Twitter, Carbine just played dumb. https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1146969_537157006358078_850439720_o.jpg
    You can also see a peek of the new class in one of the Dev Speak videos, Aiming @ 2:24.
  14. Verilyn

Verilyn Cupcake

Oh, I hadn't seen this yet!
    That's very interesting, thank you.
  15. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Sometimes I think it is strange that aurin's get stalkers while Chua do not. But, I kind of don't see the aurins having the other tanking class. If they did get the 'alchemist' healer, well. That's kind of strange. Aurins would have access to all the different kinds of healer classes available, and one 'tank' class in the stalker.

And I still think that a Chua stalker does make sense.....I mean look at those little vermin!
  16. Bomoo

Bomoo Cupcake

There are two new unrevealed classes based on screenshots; a gun user and a staff user. It's completely up in the air which will be the healer and which the tank. Assuming that aurin will get the staff user but not the gun user, you can decide for yourself which is more likely to be the tank and which the healer. I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine some kind of melee staff using heavy armour paladin class with, correspondingly, a gun using technology-based ranged healer class any more than it is to imagine a more traditional staff using priest healer paired with some kind of ranged tank.
  17. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

See my post higher up in this thread.
  18. Bomoo

Bomoo Cupcake

Where did you see staves not being class weapons confirmed? I thought they put out footage of a male aurin staff user PC going around beatin' dudes up at one point.
  19. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Nothing has been confirmed one way or another by Carbine, but it's pretty obvious the class won't wield a staff, and will, infact, wield some kind of shock paddles/gauntlets (as seen on the cardboard Mechari in Gamescom and in a couple of devspeak videos). I think the Aurin you are talking about are an NPC enemy in Deradune. There are also Draken NPC's who wield a staff, as well as more Aurins on the Exile side (as seen in some screenshots). There has never been a player character of any race wielding a staff.

When people asked about the Mechari in Twitter, these were the responses they got:
    https://twitter.com/Pappylicious/status/369854144590667776
    https://twitter.com/mdlambert88/status/369532126405746688

I also have a theory that says it can't be a magic based weapon (as a staff would most likely be), since Carbine has confirmed the Granok can be both of the last two classes, yet the Granok can't seem to do magic (can't even be Spellslingers). So, tech healer makes sense. And everything we've seen so far have pointed towards just that. If you watch the Aiming Dev Speak you can see the "medic" class at 2:24 right after the Aurin Spellslinger.