1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Carbine Launches Revamped Official Site

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ahead of pre-order availability on Wednesday (you are going to pre-order, right?) those folks at Carbine have gone and quietly launched a redesigned website which better highlights the many features of the game (and the various Flicks and DevSpeaks that discuss them!)

What are you waiting for? Go see the new shiny now!

( View now )
    coolster50, Death and Arcane Avis like this.
  2. Arcane Avis

Arcane Avis New Cupcake

Wow, very cool!!! Definitely digging this major update to the the WildStar site! I'm really into the scrolling navigation trend in web design right now. :D Also, look at all this incredible content and ALL the fantastic images! :eek:

EDIT: I think under "Fields" for Medic, they got some phrasing backwards? "Wielding a virtual pharmacopoeia of benign and malignant auras, you'll be savoring your enemies' squeals of relief and allies' howls of agony through the undebunkable magic of medical science!"
  3. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

actually its supposed to be a joke :D
    Arcane Avis likes this.
  4. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

I hate the new look >_>

They're going with a format that I have never liked on any website and I instantly missed the old look when I went to take a look at the new site...
  5. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

We cant be friends right now. I cant see till I get back to my room tonight in camp and use my mobile internet connection. STUPID COMPANY THAT I WORK FOR!!! People can go to a freakin TAB/Sportsbet betting website and gamble their pay away but I cant get to a game information website (Wildstar, Kotaku etc) because its "Games". I cant PLAY any freakin games on these sites I can only find out information and discussion (much like this one) but noooooooo if I had a gambling problem its no issue tho. Go bet your wages away

/rant

On topic. Cant wait to see the new site hehe
  6. Haydos

Haydos New Cupcake

cant even preorder apparently Australia isnt allowed 2, plz fix carbine
  7. Zap-Robo

I suspect you'll be able to pre-order just fine via NCSOFT directly - just that they have no Australian retail partners.
  8. Kaeret

Kaeret New Cupcake

Thumbs up from me. Sleek, easy to navigate, lots of great images to look at, etc.
  9. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Cupcake

I like the revamped site. It is very flexible, stylish, and user friendly.
  10. PlaneWalker

PlaneWalker New Cupcake

Please say they are going to have the digital deluxe edition somewhere to get. Because I really want to buy it.
  11. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

I think the new site is hideous...what were they thinking? User friendly? Clean? No way...things are just scattered across pages, way too much information laid out on a page. Totally un organized. Maybe its just my browser...can only use IE 8.0 at work. I'll check when I get home, but this thing is not pretty.

Game looks great, new site looks like a high schooler in a web design class developed it.
  12. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

i might just be your browser because everything is polished to me all the pictures and everything buts thats imo :D
  13. Zap-Robo

I'm not fond of the everything on one page approach (and it displays miserably on my smartphone) but it does look awful pretty!
  14. AriaRae

AriaRae New Cupcake

I like it. It looks nice and is very easy to navigate, at least on my computer. I haven't tried my smartphone yet. :)
  15. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

It feels a bit too tablet-ey for my desktop, but I like it overall. Really gets you familiar with the game and it's options quickly and concisely. Probably looks and feels a ton better on an ipad or something.
  16. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

I like it. It's streamlined and visually splashy but, there seems to be no section for crafting which is odd since crafting is said to be meaningful in this game.
  17. Asch

Asch New Cupcake

My thoughts exactly. It is beyond me how anybody can look at this and think it's aesthetically pleasing.

People have been saying it's some new trend in websites. Well, I've never seen it prior to the Adventures page reveal recently, and I hope it's a trend that dies off immediately.
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well this doesn't have to say a lot depending your browsing history (as in if you browse the internet a lot)/

Personally i've seen it a couple of times (it get's more) and it seems that games are going this way with their site's.

Heroes of the Storm has exactly the same: http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us
    Destiny has their own unique way of approuching this as you can scroll down to see the last update entries.
    Aswell as some others, just go search some upcomming games and i'm almost sure you'll see it a couple of times.

But the trend is that the first page get's ten times the info then it had before.
  19. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

It was my browser. Silly IE 8. Even still, I am not sure I like the layout. Im not a fan of everything being scrollable on one page. I think its lazy design ;p
  20. coolster50

coolster50 Cupcake

:eek: Why didn't I see this earlier? *Hurries over to revamped website*