1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Carbine loses $20k and $4500/month

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Soy, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soy

Soy New Cupcake

So my guild of 300+ discussed how we felt about the name reservation fiasco and took a simple straw poll. Many of us were in TS hours before the first reservation period and for the second period. We took off work, hung out near hot spots, rearranged schedules to pick up kids from school or the day care to be available for the name reservation periods.

Many of us were able to input our desired name choice(it was still available). The system failed to show a countdown and after hours of refreshing the browser the name was no longer available. We feel we are being penalized for Carbine’s poorly implemented reservation system(this was admitted by Carbine). It leaves a very bad taste in the mouths of gamers who have looked forward to Wildstar going live for years now.

Throwing some ingame goodies at us or giving a month of free sub does not even remotely compensate for the time lost and the absolute frustration many have experienced. In some cases over 12+ hours were spent trying to get the system to accept a name request.

Our decision is that if this is not rectified in such a way that all are given equal opportunity to reserve names then we will be issuing chargebacks on our credit cards. That is >$20k plus the loss of subs to the tune of $4500/month. We will hold off till the weekend to give Carbine an opportunity to make things right.

This is not players crying because someone beat them in a race to grab a name. That is part of games in general. This is consumers expressing dissatisfaction with a poorly implemented system that failed miserably. It failed in the sense that player were indeed “first come”, but were most certainly not “first served”.

Again we will hold off till the weekend to see if this is made right.
  2. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Not sure why you need to go around to fan sites to complain about this, there is nothing anyone here can do for you, and the entire playerbase was in the same situation.
    Now on a side note, I personally don't believe you would go through with it, I think you are basically just wanting sympathy and it does in fact look like you are sitting on the floor crying about it.

I never support devs giving into terrorist demands, I hope they call your bluff, and if you really do end up quitting, then you weren't really into the game in the first place so, no big loss.
    Ianpact, Afrotech, Katu_Kath and 6 others like this.
  3. Soy

Soy New Cupcake

So your response is to come make remarks about the poster? Constructive.

This is not a terrorist demand. If a consumer puts up money long before receiving a product in good faith and the manufacturer of the product fails to deliver, does the consumer at that point have no rights?

Simply saying we expect better and we'll allow a reasonable amount of time to make things right is not a "terrorist demand".
  4. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

No really, it is. As you demonstrate by your "off" math. You pretty clearly said "give us stuff to make us feel better or all these monies will disappear!".
    Afrotech, Witless and Kataryna like this.
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

they sold you a game, that's not out yet. with the PERK of being able to possibly pre-reserve your name for when the headstart happens. They didn't fail anything. you can still pre-reserve your name if it's not taken. and they're still launching the game.
    Ianpact and Afrotech like this.
  6. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Isn't there enough of you people on the official forums overreacting and acting like this is a <REDACTED>ing game breaker? Honestly? I would not care if you and your guild leave, you have no suggestions to give and are blowing this way out of proportion with threats to leave the game.

Get off your high horse if you want to be taken seriously
    Ianpact likes this.
  7. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

They couldn't really do much to prepare for 15,000+ people on on single website at the same time. Take a breather.
    Ianpact and Afrotech like this.
  8. Dawnstar

Dawnstar New Cupcake

I'm going to have to agree here. While the devs horribly mishandled the name reservation and it will undoubtedly cost them money and customers I find it a little...Pitiable, when players start saying "Devs listen to me or I quit!" as if being blissfully unaware how much (Or how little) a single customer, or even 10 matter in the grand schale of things.

Maybe the devs will take the complaints of you and your guild into consideration but they're after much bigger fish in the end.

As hard as it is, in business, on the grand scale of things, individual customers really dont matter nearly enough for these kinds of posts to garner any attention, especially when half the time their mind is made up one way or another barring some large-scale change that would cost way more money then this one customer and his friends would bring in.

And either way, just what is a fansite supposed to do about it?

I'm sorry that you had such a nasty experience though. Surprised people really wait twelve hours (!!) for a name!
    Ianpact likes this.
  9. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I didn't get the name I wanted cuz of horse<redacted> of the whole website thing was but at the end of the day I'm not gonna quit because of it or cause a <REDACTED> storm either.

And why a fansite like everyone else said are you trying to fish out a developer or something I would think the official forums or said a letter to carbine would of been better.
  10. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

They'd all be reduced to sticky, red pulp if such monumental senses of entitlement suddenly became actual physical objects.
  11. Firestarter

Firestarter New Cupcake

Kay, so I just made the account, right now, to post back to this.

So you're saying that around 300 people stopped their lives to try and get a single guild name and still failed. not only you failed by stopping everything you had to do for a name as you managed to fail to get the name.

So you, as thousands of other people, were there to try and grab names. You failed to do so yet you feel that you are being penalized by Carbine? Because? you don't get your name and that is their fault? Not yours that failed to pick it?

Time lost WILLINGLY. You chose to do that, you and only YOU. Nobody promised you anything, you did that on your own will, which means, and pardon my french, they don't have to <REDACTED>ing compensate you.

So you're telling me that your guild is so awesome that 300+ people are willing to not play a awesome name because you lost your petty guild name? I seriously doubt that, even so, let's continue. You're saying that there's something to rectify, what is that? You being the righteous owners of a name that you don't actually own? Not only that you're actually implying that you deserve that name more over any other player who might want the same name? Who are you to be worth more than any other person?

Oh this is exactly the players crying for some worthless thing. You were beat in a race. You were trying, someone else was also, he got it you didn't. Are you telling me that in any way Carbine decided to block you all out and allow someone to "steal" "your" guild name?

Also you're not expressing dissatisfaction, you're clearly demanding something in trade of another, how would you classify this? Well others called it terrorism, lol, I don't think of you as terrorists, more as a sad person trying to voice his wishes while giving the illusion he has 300+ followers. Those aren't terrorists, those are idiots.

Please stop with the stupid threats and either chargeback or play but please S T F U
    Ianpact, Afrotech, Remnical54 and 2 others like this.
  12. MrDirty

MrDirty New Cupcake

If you think 300 players amounts to anything in the grand scheme of things....you're wrong. If Carbine was to bend over for 300 people then there is no way in hell they would be able to stand up to the thousands of people in there game that will complain about every little thing.

I also don't believe your story. You are posting from a relatively fresh account, and this is the first thread from it. I also cannot imagine 300 people, who would refuse to play a game because they couldn't get their name, would be able to stay together in a cohesive group for very long Seems like you just want to kick up dust and see where it lands.

Edit: I found your guild @ http://www.eguildhq.com/home seems like you have less than 200 members. Also you are coming from Swotor. I highly doubt you got all 180ish members to come over to Wildstar. I'd peg your actual Wildstar numbers somewhere closer to 100. It seems you are just trying to make threats and throw around muscle that you just don't have.
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  13. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Soy, you and your guild should just go elsewhere. WildStar is not the game for you. If you are really that angry and frustrated over a Name (a name in a game for crying-out-loud), then this clearly isn't the place for you. If such a simple thing makes you feel cheated, a thing that was caused by a technical glitch, not on purpose., then take your money somewhere else. If someone is re-arranging their life to be able to pick a Char Name on a Computer Game and are that devastated over not getting the game....I'm not gonna go there. Take your money somewhere else, its probably for the best.

Best of luck to you and your guild. I hope you find a home.
    Ianpact likes this.
  14. CriSPeH

CriSPeH Cupcake-About-Town

OOOOhhhhhh I get it....you are the kind of people who say they want to play Monopoly but then quit when you can't all be the car!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Ianpact, muzzington, Afrotech and 3 others like this.
  15. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

300+ people took time off work just to be able to reserve a name in a video game? That's just funny, and probably untrue.
    Ianpact and Benevon like this.
  16. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

<Admin Hat> Yeah, this isn't going to end well. So it ends here. </Admin Hat>
    Ianpact, PalsyPlague and Livnthedream like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.