1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Carbine Studios has a new job posted!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Brotoi, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Now they're looking for "Battle-hardened Soldiers" http://www.carbinestudios.com/en/jobs-listing/battle-hardened_soldier.php :

I think I'll stick with "Seasoned Explorer", myself. That "endless waves of enemies" sounds a bit daunting. Methinks it'd be better to cut and run while the Battle-hardened Soldier dies gloriously!
  2. Mef

Mef Founding Member

Are they 'announcing' classes one by one?
    So far it reminds me of Team Fortress 2... first the Scout, now the Soldier... Pyro next? :D
  3. souper

souper Founding Member

Hmm, "...chugging homemade whiskey..." Sounds like a crafting profession reveal!

... Too bad I hate whiskey. Maybe a sody-pop profession for 'lil ol' me?
  4. aspira

aspira Founding Member

This sounds quite interesting. If they are making little hints and sneaky reveals with these job descriptions then this could hint at possible content or game types ? I am not much of a PvE fan as it has gotten dull in MMO's of late, but some sort of survival type instance where you fight endless waves of mobs would be pretty epic to be quite honest. Might actually drag me away from PvP to try that out.
  5. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

*Intergalactic security clearance*

Why do they always ask for it! Isn't interplanetory security clearance enough! The hassle of the intergalactic, sigh, all the red tape and the tests and little things they put up your nose, quicker started quicker finished I guess.
    Brotoi likes this.
  6. Gamble

Gamble New Cupcake

I admit...I cooked up a resume and sent it in for the Battle Hardened Soldier position. The response I got back was awesome.
  7. Jive

Jive New Cupcake

What was the response you got cause now im curious!

Also did anyone else get an EQ/SWG vibe from that whole job posting, sounds like this game is going to have a grand scale to it. Even sounds like their could be spaceship travel!
  8. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

Well, I figured I'd give the job "A shot", in the style of Quigley Down Under.
    [​IMG]
    Worst they can say is "No."
    MistaMike likes this.
  9. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Oh, yeah. I'd definitely say so! You can join my exploration party any time you like! (^_^)V
  10. Ekhael

Ekhael Founding Member

well i told them i'd stolen my intergalactic clearance and they still reply'd so must at least have a few spots going

Hello Battle-hardened Soldier,

Thank you for your interest in the consulting position at Carbine Studios! We rely on daring individuals like you to take on the tasks no one else can. Also, previous Soldiers keep… uhhh… expiring, so there is a great demand for someone with your unique interests and skills. With such hearty adventurers in our corner, there's nothing we can't accomplish! We'll need you ready and fit for space travel by August 17!

Hold up, ignore that last part. All you need to know is we're looking forward to having you on planet with us.

Damn. Ignore that part, too.

Please start prepping yourself for the journey now by pointing your antiquated, http-based “web browsers” to www.carbinestudios.comand www.twitter.com/Ark_Ship.

Thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,
    Carbine Studios Normal, Everyday Staff and definitely not the Intergalactic Flight Crew
    @Ark_Ship

p.s. We are legally required to let you know that this is not a real job posting. NCsoft and its studios are NOT really looking for a seasoned explorer or a battle-tested soldier. Although if you do happen to be a qualified candidate, consider us very impressed.