1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Casual 20 man raiding guilds?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Cesmode, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

Hi,
    Been following WS for a while now...staying away from the recruitment scene because Im not sure what my old WoW guild will be doing (whether or not enough of them come over to wildstar with me).

Anyways...with the rep that Wildstar has that raiding is for the hardcore, or so it seems that is the general reputation I hear, are there any casual 20 man raiding guilds out there, or do you think there will be enough? By casual I mean raid one or two nights a week, pretty chill on voice chat, laid back atmosphere but tries to get the job done..etc. (also for me personally, Im 29 married with a kid..so looking for adults with families, not teenagers and kids in college).

I haven't raided since Ragnaros in Catalysm(WoW)..so its been a few years but I think I want to get back into it with Wildstar. It just has to be a guild with like minded casual folks that do not take the game or themselves too seriously.

Or is this the wrong game to look at for that type of endgame experience?
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Define ''adults''
    And define ''kids in college''
    When do I fit any of that describtion for you?

And what about working adults that have around the same time you have to spend on gaming but don't have a relationship/kids?
    And what about moms who went back to college after they had 1-2 kids?

As for the ''casual raiding''.....for me personally it also depends on the fact if there is an option or you to stall the reset of raids. If there is then you can make it as ''casual'' as you want (according to your definition which is time commitment).

Can't finish the raid in 1 week? Just stall another 1......or 2 ;)

But if there isn't that option....then I fear that you will not be able to finish all raids in a week, specially not with 1 night.
  3. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

If all the game systems for supporting social structures in the game are functioning and polished your question can be answered by yourself.
    I'm sure if the game enjoys even moderate success you'll be able to find like minded people to form a guild such as you describe.
  4. Cesmode

Me hopes so. I am stoked for the game and all thenon-raid content coming with it. I want to raid, but on my own terms. I was able to find a group of ppl in WoW to do it. With the semi-hardcore - hardcore nature of Wildstar's endgame and raiding, I am just concerned that it might be a bit more difficult this time around.

Hopefully I am wrong.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It might be more difficult (tbh I think it will).....but does that matter if you have the means to progress on your own pace?
  6. Rabb

Rabb New Cupcake

Personally I hate the term semi-hardcore.

I'm almost ready to start recruiting for my own guild with a few friends and we're in a similar position as you Cesmode. We don't have the time to raid 4-7 days a week but do take our raiding seriously our aim is to raid 40man still, but we will only be raiding 3 times a week. This is not going to get us any world or server firsts but who cares. For us its about clearing / seeing all the content together and making the most of the more limited gaming time we have compared to the hardcore players.

I see no reason to limit your self to 20 man just because you want to be more casual about it. If you find a guild that fits there is no reason to you couldn't do all the raid content eventually, it might just take longer and not leave yourself with nothing to do or burnt out for months on end until new content is added.
  7. Cesmode

I definately hear you.

Thing is, I personally think 40 mans are too large and people look at vanilla wow raiding with rose tinted glasses, ignoring the pains of it. I think 20 is even pushing it. I would much rather 10 man raiding. And for me, 3 nights might be pushing it too. But thats just me.

My guild in WoW ended up being 10 man...very very close knit, casual gamers...average age was about 40. We would goof off in chat, but when it came down to starting an encounter we put our raiding hats on. But thats not to say it wasn't light hearted during the fights, but we also didnt intentionally stand in fire to be funny or anything.

But its good to hear others share my feelings on casual raiding.
  8. Azer

Azer Cupcake

I think you'll see lots of guilds doing this.

We will be.

Raiding maybe 6-8 hrs a week, but still clearing all the 40 man content. We'll just down the bosses a week or two after the "hardcore" raider guilds.
    Cesmode likes this.
  9. Hasteo

Hasteo New Cupcake