1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

EU Casual Player Looking for PvE Exile Guild

Discussion in 'Seeking Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by Kaeret, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Kaeret

Kaeret New Cupcake

UPDATE: Found a new home! Thank you to those who've sent invitations. Good luck in your recruiting. :)

The clock is ticking, so I figured it was high time I got serious about finding a guild to adventure with in WildStar. If you cannot stand walls of text, then I am definitely not the kind of member you are looking for, as I tend to be wordy by nature.

Simply put I am looking for an EU (PvE Server) Exile guild that welcomes casual players and has no "you must raid x-times each week to maintain membership" kind of rules. I am a "retired" raider, so if I did partake in the raid scene, it would be more of a once-in-a-blue-moon deal, rather than a set schedule of any kind on my part.

I do not want to join a multi-gaming community. While there may be benefits to keeping with a core group of players over a number of games, it has been my experience that members of these fluid groups tend to lack "loyalty" towards any one specific game, feeling free to jump from one to another as it suits their (the community's) mood. I do not want to join a "shard" or "chapter" of some community only to discover a month later that I am the only one still interested in/actively playing WildStar, while the rest have decided to move on to the "next best thing". I realise this may work for some folks (their goal is in keeping/moving with the core group of players, rather than sticking with the game itself), but I am looking to focus on WildStar as my primary game and would rather join a group whose goal is the same. That said, I know it is a gamble no matter what guild I end up joining, as there is no predicting the future as to whether or not they will still be here a month or even a year down the road.

I am happy to use voice comms in the situation of a guild gathering (be it a raid, meeting, social event), but only as a listener. My preference has always been and will continue to be that I not be required to speak. I find voice comms distracting/annoying, in general, but accept that most guilds consider it a necessity in specific situations. As long as they are willing to accept that I will listen only and type my responses in chat, I can accept that I have to wear a headset on occasion.

I label myself as casual, namely because I do not plan to have any real commitment to raiding, other than perhaps as a filler/reserve/the planets are aligned perfectly. That "little" thing aside, I will be online daily, engaging in the usual activities of questing/exploring and of course decorating my house. I do not consider myself a chatterbox, but if the discussion peeks my interest and I feel I can contribute to it, I will join in.

I am 40+, so if you have something against "old folks", then apologies that you had to read this far to find out about it. I tend to steer clear of the "must be 18+" guilds, simply because I do not think that age restrictions have anything to do with trying to form a mature guild, which is usually their reasoning behind the restriction. Maturity has nothing to do with age. It matters on the person and their life experience, no matter the years.

While I do have prior MMO experience, I think it irrelevant in the respect that while I may or may not have accomplished certain feats in other games, it can in no way predict/determine how well I will progress in WildStar. It is a whole new ball game, so to speak.

I am open to participating in all aspects of the game (even PvP), but do not want to be forced into any activity. I seek a guild that offers opportunities rather than obligations.

Not sure what else to say other than I remain hopeful that somewhere out there is the right guild for me.

If you have come this far, thank you for your time and if you have any specific questions, please feel free to send a private message.
  2. Greatheart

Greatheart Cupcake

Hi Kaeret, I'll try to address the key points in your post to see if DDD (Double Decker Disaster) is a guild you'd like.

We are!

We're a casual guild and although we will be raiding and trying to get as many guildies as possible in, we won't force you to raid or nag you incessantly.

We are not.

We're looking at voice comms now but activity in VOIP is not a prerequisite. As you stated, in Raids or really hard dungeons we will probably expect people to come on and listen just to more easily communicate tactics etc.

We do promote ourselves as a "social" guild so we are expecting people to group up with guildies more than solo'ing. I'm not sure from your post if you're adverse to grouping up alot for non-dungeon etc content but it won't be "YOU MUST GROUP UP FOR EVERY SECOND OF GAME TIME OR BE PUNISHED MORTAL!", just when you can.

We have some... experienced... people in the guild so you'll fit in perfectly from an age perspective. ;)

Unrelated to guild advertising but I agree wholeheartedly!

Have no fear! Even I, an ex-hardcore raider getting realm firsts on many games... completely suck at WildStar... No really, I got beaten in a duel by my girlfriend... and she suuuuucks. We have people in the Guild who are ready to help out with any questions you might have and our GM eharper is quite the research whore when it comes to class builds!

Although we're a PvE guild, we don't stop people from PvP'ing or getting PvP groups with people in the Guild, we just don't actively make PvP a part of the guild. That will mean there's a very good chance we won't buy a warplot but who knows? We did talk about getting one for tea parties a while back...

You can find information about our guild here, and our official guild website here.

I hope we're what you're looking for but if not, happy hunting and hopefully see you in-game!
  3. Kaeret

Kaeret New Cupcake

Was beginning to think I was invisible, or just *that* undesirable as a potential guild member. XD

PM will be sent soon! :)