1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character Creators and you.... What would you like to see in Wildstar's Character Creator?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Chrilin, Aug 12, 2012.

1. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Vanguard has 4 options for underwear, so character can never be truly naked. The tiniest is a very conservative bikini version that looks more like a 1940 2 part bathing suit, you know, where the bottom looks like shorts and the top has broad straps and nothing absolutely nothing looks like it is going to move an inch by mistake.
  2. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Haha, that does remind me of Tera where the underwear was actually less revealing then armor.
  3. SiegaPlays

a challenge ok

Naturally there should be a package resizer, but just like the boobie resizer it should be kept within reasonable discreet natural size, like look at the statistics for sizes in real life, remove the top 20% and the bottom 20% and use the scale of the last 60%.

I only think boobies are visible enough to require a "how well are they hanging# scaler, and even with futuristic technology, let's stick to the natural look, k?

Just like boobies, the package should not have a scaler for being perky and easilly excited, no matter how reality is :p
  4. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

This is turning into Playboy/Playgirl Online :rolleyes:
  5. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

With Aurin in the game I will turn my floating house into my own Playboy mansion.
  6. Rock

Rock New Cupcake

Hmm it's not the same though... Perhaps if you could adjust Male Breasts.. I bet it would make for some interesting characters :)
  7. SiegaPlays

you can on Second Life, so try that for size lol

I find it funny that men pass on putting any thoughts into the realism of having the slightest bit of package on their character, but breast scaling is ok. We are talking character creation here, not private measurements :cautious:

Would you have written that too, if the discussion had stuck to just talking boobie scales on character creation? Just curious :)

So... ok, what about how defined abs should there be, a scale for that ok? :rolleyes:

Should they be able to look like this

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]
  8. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Wow.... And the thread goes on a tangent that could have not been foreseen by mere mortals:up:
  9. Faith

Faith New Cupcake

All I ask is blue hair for Aurin.

And a boob slider. As much as they are appreciated through out the gaming community, I'd like to not jiggle.
  10. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

It would delight me if name creation and character customization were two different things. I frequently hit random a few times till I see something acceptable type my name in and hit go. I would prefer to set my name and then spend some time creating a character I really like.

In the end however I'm not sure how much it matters. I tend to play an off-tank or melee dps so I end up covered head to toe in heavy armor and no one ever sees the character underneath. In my case about the only separation from other characters are size and shape, and armor customization.
  11. Billco

Billco Cupcake-About-Town

A package sizer would be pointless.

I can't think of ANY male that would choose anything other than the top setting.

Its genetic or something :)
  12. Chrilin

^^This.... A very good idea that doesn't seem hard to code either.
  13. Rock

Rock New Cupcake

Agreed, I wish we could create the name first then work on character creation. One of the reasons I just randomize is because I always have trouble getting my name.
  14. SiegaPlays

But a female playing a male character might want to choose differently.

Personally I find the Donald Duck look for package old, considering how sophisticated breasts are made now in a lot of games. If I made a male character, I would use it, because looking like there is nothing at all is in my opinion even worse, a kind of virtual neutering.

I have seen games with scaler for breast size, gravity pull and cleavage. Give male characters the same kindness of choice. Within reason, something I would say goes for both types of scales.
    Tiktak and Zap-Robo like this.
  15. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

I wouldn't mind package sliders. If there where breast sliders. Equal rights for men! And all that! :p
  16. Chrilin

My poor thread:)
    starspun and JarNod like this.
  17. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I feel a bit responsible for getting this thread sidetracked Chrilin, so I try to get it back on the rails.

He is talking about item customization here, which seems really extensive. If they put so much effort into item customization, can we fairly assume this applies as well for the character creation?
  18. SiegaPlays

Sounds like a direct question for the Q&A. I would assume so, but unique could simply be for the part of appearance that is based on visible gear.

BTW, the topic is character creation, so it was no sidetracked.
  19. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

True true, but a change from boobies and packages was needed. Damn now I did it again. Good point about the Q&A. Added the question to the existing thread. Thanks.
  20. SiegaPlays

With a yes on their part, we can speculate a lot more :-D