1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Character Customization: Body Piercings and/or Tattoos, Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by ruff_ethereal, Oct 21, 2013.

?

Body Piercings and/or Tattoos, Yay or Nay?

1. Yay

88.9%
  2. Nay

11.1%
  1. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Would you want body piercings and/or tattos to be a character customization option?

I would say "Yay!" to that, most especially for the female Draken and Draken in general. Tattoos are a very big part in many tribal cultures, and body piercings will make the already irresistible female Draken even more attractive to me.

It would also be extremely interesting to the Aurin, the Mordesh, and possibly even the Granok, if it isn't already in. I would love to see more "feral" designs to the Aurin with some fierce tats, interesting patterns on the Granok, and what sort of effects Vitalus and the Contagion will have on tattoos--those things are pretty permanent.
    Jynetik and Inukeu like this.
  2. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I am a big fan of any kind of additional character customization and piercings and tattoos are at the top of that list. What is going to make this even more interesting is the wide array of races and thus cultures we have to work with when it comes to various kind of body decorations. I'll do a quick breakdown example.

Exile:

Humans - Outlaws, refugees, rebels and mercenaries humans have a lot of inspiration to draw from for this kind of thing. More counter-culture style piercings and tattoos wouldn't look out of place on a group of space rebels. Additional customization could be make-up drawn from western style influences or again counter-culture to show their separation from the more traditional Cassians.

Granok - Need no introduction. Can you even put a piercing through a rock creature? Big garish tattoos would go well with the typical Granok "party hard" attitude, heck you could have granok that tattoo their own kill counts on themselves, or their own pin-up girls :confused: lots of fun possibilities.

Aurin - There are lots of sources of inspiration for bringing additional character decoration to nature themed races (night elf face markings anyone?) Graceful tattoos or markings, symbolic hair ties or use of twigs / leaves / flowers, etc... lots of room to play with this one.

Mordesh - Basically zombie space elves that had a pompous culture to rival that of the Cassians. From the art we have already seen ( just look to the left) the Mordesh still believe in having jewelry to accent their personal appearance, they also seem to have some capacity or desire to decorate their in-organic components to make them look less utilitarian.

Dominion:

Cassians - Look to the right, use of earings, necklaces and other jewelry speak leaps and bounds about an old, proud, and maybe a little pompous culture of space nobility. While I am sure tattoos exist in Cassian society it almost seems a crime to mar such perfect skin.... lol.

Chua - Yep.

Draken - From what we have seen both male and female Draken tend to sport simple earrings. In the male's case it's small metal earrings, either silver or gold looking. The female Draken for some odd reason tend to have large golden hoop earrings which are about as practical as high heels. I would ADORE seeing all kinds of new fun piercing options for the Draken, I can't imagine that facial piercings would look out of place on such a tough bestial race. Tattoos? Sure, but again those hides are super tough, not sure how you are going to make that work, scarification perhaps... or branding... or something else.

Mechari - Additional robo-bits.
    Biken, Sylph, Domi Dayglow and 3 others like this.
  3. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

I love how Chua is just "Yep." Great post, Jynetik.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the human Exiles and the Granok will have plenty of interesting tattoos and designs. Living in the Fringe, the seedy underbelly of the entire galaxy from what we know of it, is home to a lot of fascinating characters and numerous incidents that bear interesting stories. We could run the gamut from a pretty lady on your arm, to insignias of organizations or groups the Exiles were or still are associated with, and possibly even magical sigils for protection and the like.
  4. sgio111

sgio111 New Cupcake

I think it is good to have it as a option for character customization. I personaly thinks you make a gothic character verry easy with just one piercing. But i thing it's good to have a lot of customization options. Because when you have just the basic things you have dubble characters a lot.
  5. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

I would love an earring stabbed through my aurin's ear. Yup. Or maybe something for my tail! (like a band!)

Tattoo would be cool. But I think with our armor (for all races/classes) it'd be hard to work with except the face. (unless we're NAKED!)

Yup.
  6. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

Ewww robo-bits. :sick:

I always love more customization even though I probably will never use tattoos or piercings.
  7. nra

nra Cupcake

I need a Chua with a massive nose ring!
    Hy'Tchok likes this.
  8. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

Do chua's have more than two nipples? and do they chain them together with piercings?
  9. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

Should the option be there?
    Sure, why not.

Will I use them on my chars?
    Probably not, not a big fan of either TBH.
  10. Roda

Roda Cupcake-About-Town

Well, I wouldn't much see the point of non-facial piercings, tattoos would be great! (as well as facial piercings :p)

Also..
    [​IMG]
    Male Aurin with tats and warpaint? :p

Aurin already come with tail bands.

[​IMG]
  11. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

Gimme dem tats. I like to make my warrior types covered in tattoos. Maybe add more onto 'em for significant victories.
  12. Malifykai

Malifykai New Cupcake

Would love to see piercings and tattoos, hell war-paint instead of tattoos would still be great. Snake bites and facial war-paint (mainly around the eyes in sharp circular designs)? *throws money in the air*
  13. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Piercings for those who want them and 100% jewelry/accessory free choices for those who revile them (like me).

Tribal/war tattoos and painting or even just expressional tats are a feature I'd like to see and even use. I'd definitely cover my aurin and draken characters with cool face paints for example.
    Roda likes this.
  14. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Yay!

Tattoos and piercings add a layer of character customization. Any amount of customizations further makes a character unique. Unique characters are what players want. It doesn't matter if they are an RPer, PvEer, or PvPer. People want to stand out and be unique. Jynetik's post perfectly summed things up!

Though, Merchari? They should be able to add advertisement tattoos. Like racing cars!

Chua piercings would also probably have lots of spikey bits and some part that can probably house a small nuclear device.

And I could totally see a Mordesh tattoo consisting of chemical symbols, formulas, and equations.
    ruff_ethereal and Balgoss like this.
  15. Balgoss

Balgoss Cupcake

That's 100% genius.

On-topic: Yay!
  16. Nivthulan

Nivthulan New Cupcake

Although I don't have any piercings or tattoos in real life I've voted "yay" as I always appreciate the added dimension of character customisation. Particularly with tattoos. :D
  17. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

Would love making my Mordesh look "punk" as possible...
    Roda likes this.
  18. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

Would a Mechari with racing stripes move faster? :D
    Mondasin likes this.
  19. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

No, but one that had a red paint job would.
    Jicmonster likes this.
  20. Jicmonster

Jicmonster Cupcake-About-Town

WAAAAGGGHHH!!!?